• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Michelle Obama is smart, has poise, an insider’s view into the DC sausage mill, and has a gentle and open demeanor. I think she would be a formidable opponent to Trump.
    I think that's a false dichotomy. You can always sort people into whatever camps you create for them. I can make any camps I want and sort people into them and it always fits. There are two kinds of people, those who always **** missionary and those who don't. There are two kinds of people, those who think pineapple belongs on pizza and those who don't. There are two kinds of people... I could go on all day. At best it is a rhetorical construct to make a point, which can be useful, but it is not useful for actually defining people and their beliefs, proclivities, etcetera.

"The middle" I think would actually sort into both your camps. Moderates, can be political and engaged. They can be apolitical and apathetic. And they can be all points in between. And so can progressives and conservatives. If that's your point, I think that's correct.

I think most people believe themselves to be informed. You do. I do. Middle does. Left does. Right does. But, what it really means to be informed is to have a perception of reality that closely matches reality. Disclaimer: And by saying that I'm not proclaiming that my perception is any more accurate than anyone else's. But I think we're all trying to get as close as we can.

The extent to which someone is informed is measured by reality. In the political realm, that is fairly subjective.

When I talk about being politically uninformed, here's a good example.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Trumps top campaign advisors have dinner with CNN, New York Times and NBC reporters, seems a bit odd.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Trumps top campaign advisors have dinner with CNN, New York Times and NBC reporters, seems a bit odd.

TRUMP IS A RINO!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Trump continues to be plagued by loyalty problems.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

DeSantis's response to that was disappointing. If he has his own thoughts about that, he should raise his hand or keep it in his pocket. Instead he looked over at what other candidates are doing. Ramaswammy knew what he wanted to do. And maybe he's a little too eager to suck up to Trump, but he knew what he wanted to do. He didn't have to look at everyone else.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If they throw him off the ballot that might incite a civil war. These indictments already appear to be weatherization weaponization [picked the wrong type-ahead suggestion :): ] of the justice system against a political enemy. In the past that's been avoided because it makes people distrust government more. But Dems are saying, "meh, it's all good. End justifies the means."

And they can get away with that because so many people, Sam Harris, for example, don't give a **** how they stop Trump as long as he doesn't have power again. I saw a headline that 30% of Democrats think violence is justified if it prevents Trump from gaining power. Now, headlines often don't reflect the contents of articles anymore, but this one is quite believable. If they justify cheating to prevent a politician they don't like from gaining the presidency, why not violence? :dunno:
    I've read this somewhere else, and I think it rings true. If they try to disqualify Trump, they are taking away the only avenue for Trump supporters to protest peacefully by not being able to vote for Trump.

Here is the quote from an op-ed by Jason Whitlock on the blaze.com website where I saw it.

"Supporting Trump at the polls is our only means of peacefully protesting. Our political system is corrupt. Our elections lack integrity. Global corporations, the World Economic Forum, and a collection of billionaires subvert the will of the American people. America’s surveillance organizations target dissenters."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    DeSantis's response to that was disappointing. If he has his own thoughts about that, he should raise his hand or keep it in his pocket. Instead he looked over at what other candidates are doing. Ramaswammy knew what he wanted to do. And maybe he's a little too eager to suck up to Trump, but he knew what he wanted to do. He didn't have to look at everyone else.

He knew that he had to be the first if he wants to convince people he's legitimate.

The funniest part was all the people who looked around before deciding to raise their hand. Which might decide the primary.

Anyone should have the common sense to know that going after Trump is going to be political suicide at this point. Don't attack the guy who effectively revolutionized the republican party and is facing prison for it. We got a good solid look at where we would be right now without Trump, from the likes of Pence and Asa.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    To be fair this piece was written before the debate giving a prognostication that the proceedings would show an "unnatural obsession" with Trump when in reality it wasn't for the most part. Sure, he was mentioned but why should he be excluded from being brought up just because he chose not to be there when the other debaters took a few shots at each other as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He knew that he had to be the first if he wants to convince people he's legitimate.

The funniest part was all the people who looked around before deciding to raise their hand. Which might decide the primary.

Anyone should have the common sense to know that going after Trump is going to be political suicide at this point. Don't attack the guy who effectively revolutionized the republican party and is facing prison for it. We got a good solid look at where we would be right now without Trump, from the likes of Pence and Asa.
    Well don’t forget the fat ass pussbag. He still thinks there’s a middle ground to reach with ClownWorld™. It’s funny how he looked around to see if anyone else was raising their hand and he kinda half ass did, and then said no, displaying his slow decision making in real time. Big winner of the night, at least on the debate stage was Ramaswamy.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trumpers like to talk about what Trump did to make the economy great again in his term, and he did. Until he ruined it by going along with Fauci’s lockdown. The lockdowns and frivolous spending in the aftermath, including paying people not to work, is what drove the US economy into the dirt. Biden’s policies haven’t helped any. And is helping inflation. But Trump gets the credit for ****ing it up in the first place. As soon as Fauci uttered the advice to Trump he should have fired him, for being incompetent at least. Hindsight I know. But the lockdowns were devastating to America on many levels.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well don’t forget the fat ass pussbag. He still thinks there’s a middle ground to reach with ClownWorld™. It’s funny hou he looked around to see if anyone else was raising their hand and he kinda half ass did, and then said no, displaying his slow decision making in real time. Big winner of the night, at least on the debate stage was Ramaswamy.
    I noticed what Christie did too with his hand jive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom