• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    But you just say it. You really don’t even make a case for it. And you said you think it’s self evident. If it’s self evident, could it be that it’s bias rather than something rational? If it’s self evident, isn’t it just instinct telling you it’s true? Instinct works exactly like bias. And what this kind of instinct is, is nurture. It’s basically your world view. How accurate is that?

The things I am claiming are well-documented.

Trump’s followers built a gallows and chanted “hang Mike pence” before crossing a police line and going in after him.

Trump never asked them to do that, but when he was told about it in the White House he replied that maybe that’s what pence deserved.

I gather that you don‘t see Trump’s followers as an inherently intimidating factor when dealing with the witnesses in his criminal litigation…but the courts do, and I’m just trying to provide some insight into the possible reasons why. you are free to reject them, but c’mon man, there’s more to it than just my personal bias.

You must be getting tired, that’s just lazy by your usual standards, lol!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Kyle Rittenhouse had stayed home from Kenosha, those thugs would still be alive. But that doesn't mean he's criminally responsible for their death.

Liberals like to blame xxxx on Conservatives getting out of bed in the morning. S'okay. I get it. But it's intellectually lazy.
    It's worse than that even - he's basically saying police entrapment is your own fault, not an affirmative legal defense

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Has not the MSM already impeached Trump before any proceedings have occurred? But that's okay, since it hurts Trump, right?
    Let's take a little stroll down memory lane...

FLASHBACK: Kamala Harris encouraged mass protests that led to riots, promoted bailing out Antifa​

But this is cool. It's not trying to influence anyone, right @SheepDog4Life ? Was she stating an opinion or was she encouraging (influencing) certain behavior?

What-aboutisms...

The thing about our criminal justice system is when the accused tries to intimidate or influence... that's a different thing altogether... especially a witness before a grand jury.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    If it influenced anything it would tend to go against Trump. And yes. He’s a blowhard. People listen to him. Some people listen and think he’s full of ****. Others listen to him and think of…you know. Martyrs and such.

It’s retarded. 90% of “truths” are hot air.
    Yup... does Trump want to be held without bail or held in comtempt? Or does he think he's immune to the normal rules. Or is it the one note martyr tune?

:dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hypocrisy is also justifying your guy doing it because the opposition is doing it.

And you're right. The hypocrisy is amazing.

If you're going to do it because the other side is, at least have the guts to admit it's wrong.

Kinda like apostles going out and crucifying the opposition because hey they did it to our guy first.
    This is the quintessential attitude that allows the left to win and a primary cause of how we got to this point. This is the reason the British lost the revolutionary war, but they are not fighting fair, but we are gentlemen and are above that. There is no love in war. Apparently, as I have said before, you and others do not know what time it is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well for starters a protest isn't illegal.

To my understanding, the limit of free speech is up until you're directly telling people to do illegal things.(I think it's usually even more rigorous typically requiring the people to actually do the illegal act, since black and white law is usually applied with a bit of discretion) In more recent times people have tried to worm their way around merely implying unlawful activity, but if that was the case almost every single person would be in prison.

I mean madona was talking about bombing the white house, and she didn't go to prison for it. Many BLM leaders were telling their followers to target specific individuals and properties, and they're still walking free.

You're into pretty shaky territory if the law changes based on whether you're advocating for the rich and powerful or not.
    He simply does not understand where we are or to put it another way, what time it is. This is not the time to be congenial, it is a time to do as is being done to…

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That’s fair, I don’t expect you to take my word for anything.

Personally, I think it’s self-evident that a some percentage of Trump’s supporters would act against Trump’s accusers whether or not he overtly orders them to. We have seen countless examples thus far, with Jan6 being the most obvious…and most worrisome…example.

I don't know why it's worrisome to people on the left. I just got done arguing with a guy who was telling me they were all far-right extremists and armed with full tactical gear and gas masks.
    But yet were too cowardly to do anything significant and were stopped by 1 guy in a suit with a pistol.
    But that we need to worry about them endlessly and remember they're violent and deadly terrorists, who would overthrow the government if not stopped.
    But they didn't shoot anyone.
    But that they had massive weapons caches and detailed plans to overthrow the government.

There should be a degree of common sense to tell you that either they are a serious threat and if angered we'd have a different government. Or that they're average joes who got a bit more rowdy than they realized during a protest, likely being instigated by undercover federal officers, and left as soon as a gun was fired.

These wild views of the situation contain multiple incompatible points.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Anyone. Glowie? Any idea?
    "Will he ever stop? Yo, I don't know...but turn off the lights...and I'll glow..."

780272.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Responsible is a broad term.

Was he criminally Responsible? No
    Was he irresponsible? Yes
    Did he live up to Matt 26:52? No
    Did his actions and those of his subordinates contribute to the events of Jan 6th? Yes.

Does that mean he's Responsible?
    You must love to dance…..

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Well, no…not really.

Leave aside the dog whistles and mesmerized minions for a moment…I’m not sure if you are going for snark and drifting off into hyperbole or if you are looking for a sincere reply.

Trump doesn’t have to speak in code or use dog whistles, he already knows there is a cadre within his supporters that will engage in criminal activity on his behalf. Trump only has to direct their attention to his desired target and let the zealotry of his most fervent supports run its natural course.

The Judge in his DC trial understands the intimidation potential Trump’s followers have against witnesses, that’s why she made it clear in her orders that calling out witnesses publicly could be seen as witness tampering and result in pre-trial penalties for Trump.
    DO you have examples of Trump signaling violence?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Yes.

He called his supporters to DC on that day, he worked them into a fervor at the ellipse, and he directed that fervor toward the Capitol.

Without Trump‘s direct involvement at several steps along the way Jan 6th would have been just another day in DC.
    Worked into a fervor! The infiltrates had nothing to do with that?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I But Trump is responsible because he signaled the Trumpers with his secret language to do violence on his behalf.
    Now we’re getting to the good stuff…..”secret language”. Maybe he is an alien and his followers are from planet trumplonia. Gotta watch out for them. They have a secret language and all…..who knows what else.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is the quintessential attitude that allows the left to win and a primary cause of how we got to this point. This is the reason the British lost the revolutionary war, but they are not fighting fair, but we are gentlemen and are above that. There is no love in war. Apparently, as I have said before, you and others do not know what time it is.
    Called having a Christian world view. Never heard the theory advanced that the British lost because they were Christians. Wallowing in Pig Stys will create such theories I suppose.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You must love to dance…..
    When you lay snares, I ain't gonna step right in them. Already seen responsible equated to responsible for inciting violence or criminally responsible.

Ask a vague question get a vague answer.

Let's see if you dance too.

Same question

If members of Trump's team do something is Trump responsible?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom