Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    if a public official says protest you in a restaurant is that just first amendment or is an attempt to influence you?

Wasn’t that long ago that I heard many political leaders try to influence the public to hurt, kill, and destroy. I think I even remember politicians wanting to see Trump hurt, killed. You don’t think all these attacks are not to influence the public, influence the election?

I get it, y’all who are against Trump think he’s mean and and an influencer when he says he does not like someone. It’s ok for Hillary to question the elections, ok for Abrams and all the rest?

The hypocrisy is amazing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Kemp has
    A) Prevented democrat policy
    B) enacted conservative policy in Georgia
    C) Done a good job at it, so he wins votes, enough to stomp Perdue in the primary and Abrams twice.

The criticism that he didn’t play into the boldfaced lies by Trump or his crackpot lawyers therefore we don’t trust him is absurd. The alternative is support the die hard Trumpers who got wiped out because Trumps message is toxic in the suburbs and with women. It’s like a cult. One man over anything else. The man attacks Republicans who don’t bow to him, even popular ones like Kim Reynolds. He spreads obvious disinformation that people believe for some reason and he is also barely campaigning. He’s a guaranteed L in 24.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When Trump speaks, morons act...Jan 6th is the perfect example, but the recent incident at the Obama’s house is prescient as well.

Simply mentioning the name of a witness publicly could inspire one of Trump’ fanatics to act out criminally against that witness. Even the most subtle or outwardly benign statements about a witness could result in actual harm…and that fact can be used by Trump to intimidate a witness into withdrawing or changing their testimony.

Because of Trump’s influence, and the history of criminal violence from his followers, any public mention of a witness against him can reasonably be argued to be witness tampering…and that is a crime.
    So you’re thinking stochastic terrorism. Trump speaks in dog whistles and instructs his mesmerized minions to do harm to this guy? Is this just a hunch?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

From article:
    In a January 2019 survey, Pew Research Center asked respondents about the availability of jobs in their area. In that survey, researchers randomly assigned half of respondents to receive a version of the question that asked about “good” jobs while the other half were asked a version that didn’t include this positive qualifier.
    The experiment found that respondents were more likely to say plenty of “jobs” were available in their community than they were to say plenty of “good jobs” were available (60% vs. 48%). While there are partisan differences in these views (Republicans had more positive views of job availability), both Republicans and Democrats are significantly more likely to say “jobs” are available than to say “good jobs” are.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When Trump speaks, morons act...Jan 6th is the perfect example, but the recent incident at the Obama’s house is prescient as well.

Simply mentioning the name of a witness publicly could inspire one of Trump’ fanatics to act out criminally against that witness. Even the most subtle or outwardly benign statements about a witness could result in actual harm…and that fact can be used by Trump to intimidate a witness into withdrawing or changing their testimony.

Because of Trump’s influence, and the history of criminal violence from his followers, any public mention of a witness against him can reasonably be argued to be witness tampering…and that is a crime.
    Rep. Maxine Waters called on her supporters to publicly confront and harass members of the Trump administration in response to the “zero tolerance” policy that led to the separation of families at the border.

:whistle:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wasn’t that long ago that I heard many political leaders try to influence the public to hurt, kill, and destroy. I think I even remember politicians wanting to see Trump hurt, killed. You don’t think all these attacks are not to influence the public, influence the election?

I get it, y’all who are against Trump think he’s mean and and an influencer when he says he does not like someone. It’s ok for Hillary to question the elections, ok for Abrams and all the rest?

The hypocrisy is amazing.
    Hypocrisy is also justifying your guy doing it because the opposition is doing it.

And you're right. The hypocrisy is amazing.

If you're going to do it because the other side is, at least have the guts to admit it's wrong.

Kinda like apostles going out and crucifying the opposition because hey they did it to our guy first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm not aware of Trump ever advocating violence. Perhaps he has and I'm just unaware of it.

Maxine Waters: “If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store… you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them.”​

Ayanna Pressley: “There needs to be unrest in the streets.”​

Donald Trump: “I’m asking for everyone at the US Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence!”​

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, was this not BEFORE he appeared before the grand jury?

Did he not tell him he shouldn't appear?

Did he not "impeach" him publicly before he gave testimony before a grand jury?

Could that influence the proceedings of the grand jury?

Or is Trump just a big blowhard for entertainment that nobody listens to?

If it influenced anything it would tend to go against Trump. And yes. He’s a blowhard. People listen to him. Some people listen and think he’s full of ****. Others listen to him and think of…you know. Martyrs and such.

Is it a "Truth" or a "hot air"?
    It’s retarded. 90% of “truths” are hot air.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump nomination is a guaranteed W for Biden.

35%+ gap in Trump fav between primary and general electorate.

64%(!!) say they definitely or probably would not support Trump in Nov ‘24. 53 definite.
    RCP is pretty reliably calling ******** on that. Trump’s head to head is pretty solid right know. That’s probably going to change if Trump is convicted. Trump’s poll numbers on that are not promising.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Hypocrisy is also justifying your guy doing it because the opposition is doing it.

And you're right. The hypocrisy is amazing.

If you're going to do it because the other side is, at least have the guts to admit it's wrong.

Kinda like apostles going out and crucifying the opposition because hey they did it to our guy first.
    I’m not justifying anything, just pointing out the obvious.

Because Trump says he does not like someone is not the same as encouraging violence; as many have done, including politicians.

I think Todd is a useless pig. Is it now ok for Todd to use his influence to cause me harm.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I’m not justifying anything, just pointing out the obvious.

Because Trump says he does not like someone is not the same as encouraging violence; as many have done, including politicians.

I think Todd is a useless pig. Is it now ok for Todd to use his influence to cause me harm.
    Not trying to equate the two. Just saying wrong is wrong.

When it come to Trump or anyone else, I believe that when you are the CEO the buck stops with you. If you have people working for you/on your behalf calling for violence, it isn't enough that you aren't calling for violence, you should also condemn those on the payroll.

But it doesn't have to rise to a violent level to be wrong.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

All this will serve to prove that Trump was and still is of the mindset that the election was corrupt, and he was cheated. In other words, he wasn't contesting the election out of criminal intent. Right or wrong he's never been proven to waver from that mindset.

The prosecution would have to prove that he truly believed he had lost and set out anyway to delegitimize the outcome.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Not trying to equate the two. Just saying wrong is wrong.

When it come to Trump or anyone else, I believe that when you are the CEO the buck stops with you. If you have people working for you/on your behalf calling for violence, it isn't enough that you aren't calling for violence, you should also condemn those on the payroll.

But it doesn't have to rise to a violent level to be wrong.
    Are you suggesting Trump is responsible for January 6th?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So you’re thinking stochastic terrorism. Trump speaks in dog whistles and instructs his mesmerized minions to do harm to this guy? Is this just a hunch?

Well, no…not really.

Leave aside the dog whistles and mesmerized minions for a moment…I’m not sure if you are going for snark and drifting off into hyperbole or if you are looking for a sincere reply.

Trump doesn’t have to speak in code or use dog whistles, he already knows there is a cadre within his supporters that will engage in criminal activity on his behalf. Trump only has to direct their attention to his desired target and let the zealotry of his most fervent supports run its natural course.

The Judge in his DC trial understands the intimidation potential Trump’s followers have against witnesses, that’s why she made it clear in her orders that calling out witnesses publicly could be seen as witness tampering and result in pre-trial penalties for Trump.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    if a public official says protest you in a restaurant is that just first amendment or is an attempt to influence you?

Well for starters a protest isn't illegal.

To my understanding, the limit of free speech is up until you're directly telling people to do illegal things.(I think it's usually even more rigorous typically requiring the people to actually do the illegal act, since black and white law is usually applied with a bit of discretion) In more recent times people have tried to worm their way around merely implying unlawful activity, but if that was the case almost every single person would be in prison.

I mean madona was talking about bombing the white house, and she didn't go to prison for it. Many BLM leaders were telling their followers to target specific individuals and properties, and they're still walking free.

You're into pretty shaky territory if the law changes based on whether you're advocating for the rich and powerful or not.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom