Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, he stated an opinion of what he should or should not do. Wipe the spittle off your screen and read that again. He's not influencing anyone (except you). And yes, even those running for president get to have an opinion, apparently much to your chagrin. So yes indeed we do get to have it both ways. Check out the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. :thumbsup:
    I’m wondering if someone hacked into his account. It’s not like him to throw out false dichotomies like that. Or maybe he caught a mind virus.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wouldn't say he's not influencing either though. I question if it meets the threshold of anything criminal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wouldn't say he's not influencing either though. I question if it meets the threshold of anything criminal.
    What influence would what Trump posted have on the legal process or on anyone who testifies? It could only be negative. It’s not like Trump threatened him. Idunno, unless his post has dog whistles embedded.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    What? By what reasoning? There is nothing nefarious about it. Tell me. What am I missing?

When Trump speaks, morons act...Jan 6th is the perfect example, but the recent incident at the Obama’s house is prescient as well.

Simply mentioning the name of a witness publicly could inspire one of Trump’ fanatics to act out criminally against that witness. Even the most subtle or outwardly benign statements about a witness could result in actual harm…and that fact can be used by Trump to intimidate a witness into withdrawing or changing their testimony.

Because of Trump’s influence, and the history of criminal violence from his followers, any public mention of a witness against him can reasonably be argued to be witness tampering…and that is a crime.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Why did he wait until after the 2020 presidential election (but, of course before his own election) to shore up the security of voting in Georgia. He's been governor since 2018 and the problems were no different in 2020 just more overt

By Trump-appropriate standards, he should have done it in his first 100 days
    Because 2020 is when people took advantage of covid to manipulate voting conditions to their advantage.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, was this not BEFORE he appeared before the grand jury?

Did he not tell him he shouldn't appear?

Did he not "impeach" him publicly before he gave testimony before a grand jury?

Could that influence the proceedings of the grand jury?

Or is Trump just a big blowhard for entertainment that nobody listens to?

Is it a "Truth" or a "hot air"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    if a public official says protest you in a restaurant is that just first amendment or is an attempt to influence you?
    Again, that was done by a Democrat, so of course it's a First Amendment right. Inciting others to violence is okay if you're a Democrat. Even stating an opinion is a high crime if you're not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let's take a little stroll down memory lane...

FLASHBACK: Kamala Harris encouraged mass protests that led to riots, promoted bailing out Antifa​

But this is cool. It's not trying to influence anyone, right @SheepDog4Life ? Was she stating an opinion or was she encouraging (influencing) certain behavior?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump nomination is a guaranteed W for Biden.

35%+ gap in Trump fav between primary and general electorate.

64%(!!) say they definitely or probably would not support Trump in Nov ‘24. 53 definite.
    Must be nice to be flush with cash enough to be able to thrive in this economy. Maybe that .gov teat is more profitable than I had imagined.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Trump nomination is a guaranteed W for Biden.

35%+ gap in Trump fav between primary and general electorate.

64%(!!) say they definitely or probably would not support Trump in Nov ‘24. 53 definite.
    And you actually believe that?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Must be nice to be flush with cash enough to be able to thrive in this economy. Maybe that .gov teat is more profitable than I had imagined.
    I didn't see anything about that in the article, but believing democrats have a lock on govt money is buying the talking points I think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't see anything about that in the article, but believing democrats have a lock on govt money is buying the talking points I think.
    No argument there. Only difference is in the reasoning behind it. In any case it enriches the recipient more than the donor. Enriching those that produce nothing is not a good strategy. Enriching those that create commerce and jobs is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom