• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    What? Can you explain that leap of logic? How did we get from "I don't think Kemp is an honest Governor" to "you want to lose!"

C'mon man. Splain to me how you get there.
    Kemp has
    A) Prevented democrat policy
    B) enacted conservative policy in Georgia
    C) Done a good job at it, so he wins votes, enough to stomp Perdue in the primary and Abrams twice.

The criticism that he didn’t play into the boldfaced lies by Trump or his crackpot lawyers therefore we don’t trust him is absurd. The alternative is support the die hard Trumpers who got wiped out because Trumps message is toxic in the suburbs and with women. It’s like a cult. One man over anything else. The man attacks Republicans who don’t bow to him, even popular ones like Kim Reynolds. He spreads obvious disinformation that people believe for some reason and he is also barely campaigning. He’s a guaranteed L in 24.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You can't just claim the election was stolen based on the fact that your guy lost. Trump losing the election is not evidence that the election was stolen. You have to prove it in court to have any chance of anything sticking. And yeah, the deck is stacked against that happening.

They did it when Hillary lost, so they opened that can of worms.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    They opened the door again if Trump gets back in. Maybe still see her, Biden and Barry….in handcuffs and raids along with some Soros prosecutors. Only difference is they are already guilty. Oh and Fauci also. And looks like the democrats realize that and gloves off to stop Trump at any cost, thing is, I think they are just digging a deeper and deeper hole and just can’t stop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kemp has
    C) Done a good job at it, so he wins votes, enough to stomp Perdue in the primary and Abrams twice.

The criticism that he didn’t play into the boldfaced lies by Trump or his crackpot lawyers therefore we don’t trust him is absurd.
    Okay. Now I see where your leap of logic comes from. You think that I don't trust Kemp because he didn't play into the "boldfaced lies by Trump." That's false. I don't trust Kemp because he's a chamber-o-commerce neocon. My distrust for Kemp stems from before he was elected and has more to do with his membership in the league of ********ers like Pence, Holcomb, and the like.

The alternative is support the die hard Trumpers who got wiped out because Trumps message is toxic in the suburbs and with women.

Sometimes you have to hold your nose, but I'm not going to vote for a neocon who doesn't care about problems Americans face.

It’s like a cult. One man over anything else.

No argument there.

The man attacks Republicans who don’t bow to him, even popular ones like Kim Reynolds.

I don't really know much about Kim Reynolds. Is she a chamber-o-commerce neocon ****? I mean. If she is, I might not care much for her either.

He spreads obvious disinformation that people believe for some reason and he is also barely campaigning. He’s a guaranteed L in 24.

I don't really disagree with much there either. But, polls show Trump is within the margin of error against Biden. The part where I agree with you generally is that Trump is a weak candidate. He has huge negatives, I suppose we could go with your term, toxic to half the country. He makes a lot of unforced errors. He tends to give his enemies the rope to hang him with. He hasn't really delivered on his promises in a lasting way, though a lot of that was the establishment fighting him every step of the way. I think if Democrats could field a stronger candidate than Biden, Trump would be easily defeated.

Biden is a very weak candidate. That the Republican front-runner is only polling within the margin of error against an obviously senile old man is as telling as a famous TV personality losing an election to an almost brain dead opponent in a senate race. The 2024 election is shaping up to be like 2016 where the worst candidate in modern US history is running against the 2nd worst.

I'm hoping though, that the outcome will be the same as 2016, where the worst candidate, Biden, loses to the 2nd worst, Trump. Yes. I'll hold my nose and vote against ClownWorld™ The Sequel. A vote against any Democrat is a vote against ClownWorld™. Even if it's Trump. He didn't do as much as the Trumpers like to believe. But he wasn't that bad.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Trump’s legal problems are general-election poison whether you think the charges are fair or not — because facts don’t care about your feelings, or mine:
    THIS!

Dems absolutely believe (correctly) that the blizzard of indictments will rocket Trump to the nomination, and have him go down in flames, bigly, in the general.

The indictments are not to prevent him from running, they are to ENSURE that he runs... make it likely he locks the nomination... and if somehow he doesn't, to run as an independent.

That Governor won where Trump and Herschel lost.
    Yes, I was referring to Trump's Social tweet that Kemp quoted... barely avoided a South Park Wheel of Fortune gaff...

And, Trump's soon to be released IRREFUTABLE PROOF that the GA election was stolen? (Trump's tweet) I wait with bated breath.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Biden is a very weak candidate. That the Republican front-runner is only polling within the margin of error against an obviously senile old man is as telling as a famous TV personality losing an election to an almost brain dead opponent in a senate race. The 2024 election is shaping up to be like 2016 where the worst candidate in modern US history is running against the 2nd worst.
    Baked into this is the assumption that the Dems are as wedded to Biden as GOP primary voters are to Trump.

Not so... they'd Bernie him in a heartbeat if need be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Having a hard time with antecedents here. Who is "they" and they did what? I'm not following how this relates to my post. I just said that you can't prove the election was stolen through circular reasoning. You actually have to show what they did to steal it, and have some evidence that they did those things.

Mike's bank analogy kind of exposes some of the thinking behind why you guys think it's stealing. Mike thought that my money disappearing from my account is evidence of the theft. In that analogy, the money is mine. For it to be gone without my permission, it's either stolen or a bank error.

That reveals the mindset that the election victory was owned by Trump to start with. That he already owned the presidency and when he lost it, it could only have been stolen. And it may be they did steal it, but you can't use the lost election in the same way Mike used the lost money, as evidence that it was stolen.

You have to do the legwork and prove it. And it's hard to prove. I think Democrats pulled some shenanigans, and when they own all the institutions, it's hard to disprove. Time to move on and take steps to head off the cheating before they can pull it off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

THIS!

Dems absolutely believe (correctly) that the blizzard of indictments will rocket Trump to the nomination, and have him go down in flames, bigly, in the general.

The indictments are not to prevent him from running, they are to ENSURE that he runs... make it likely he locks the nomination... and if somehow he doesn't, to run as an independent.

Yes, I was referring to Trump's Social tweet that Kemp quoted... barely avoided a South Park Wheel of Fortune gaff...

And, Trump's soon to be released IRREFUTABLE PROOF that the GA election was stolen? (Trump's tweet) I wait with bated breath.

My prediction, it will be short on proof and long on claims, but because Trumpers believe all claims on their side as if proof, they will believe it. And that will be by design. Trump, I'm sure, understands them. One thing he does well, is work a crowd.

But. Even if Trump ends up being both in jail, and the nominee. I'm voting for NotClownWorld™. Hopefully there's a better NotClownWorld™ choice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Kemp has

The criticism that he didn’t play into the boldfaced lies by Trump or his crackpot lawyers therefore we don’t trust him is absurd. The alternative is support the die hard Trumpers who got wiped out because Trumps message is toxic in the suburbs and with women. It’s like a cult. One man over anything else. The man attacks Republicans who don’t bow to him, even popular ones like Kim Reynolds. He spreads obvious disinformation that people believe for some reason and he is also barely campaigning. He’s a guaranteed L in 24.
    Apparently you are unaware of the political shifts. So called educated suburban women are the radical leftists in our society today. They were indoctrinated that way in college…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Having a hard time with antecedents here. Who is "they" and they did what? I'm not following how this relates to my post. I just said that you can't prove the election was stolen through circular reasoning. You actually have to show what they did to steal it, and have some evidence that they did those things.

Mike's bank analogy kind of exposes some of the thinking behind why you guys think it's stealing. Mike thought that my money disappearing from my account is evidence of the theft. In that analogy, the money is mine. For it to be gone without my permission, it's either stolen or a bank error.

That reveals the mindset that the election victory was owned by Trump to start with. That he already owned the presidency and when he lost it, it could only have been stolen. And it may be they did steal it, but you can't use the lost election in the same way Mike used the lost money, as evidence that it was stolen.

You have to do the legwork and prove it. And it's hard to prove. I think Democrats pulled some shenanigans, and when they own all the institutions, it's hard to disprove. Time to move on and take steps to head off the cheating before they can pull it off.
    You do love to hear yourself type…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden may still be up there because they can't agree on who to replace him with.
    I think the obvious answer is Newsom, depending on what the DNC wants from a candidate. If they want a stumbling puppet they can easily control it’s Biden. Newsom is his own megalomaniac.

Newsom would probably beat Trump especially if Trump is campaigning from jail. Trump has a shot against Biden and Biden is controllable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the obvious answer is Newsom, depending on what the DNC wants from a candidate. If they want a stumbling puppet they can easily control it’s Biden. Newsom is his own megalomaniac.

Newsom would probably beat Trump especially if Trump is campaigning from jail. Trump has a shot against Biden and Biden is controllable.
    I'm not sure the different sects inside the party actually agree on that. That seems kind of how they settled on Biden. He was someone no one hated, even though no one really liked him. I think the controllable part was a bonus.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Biden may still be up there because they can't agree on who to replace him with.
    Make no mistake, Biden is their preferred patsy puppet-on-a-string nominee... but if it at looks like he could lose, they'll Bernie him pronto.

Newsom knows this and is working to secure his place in line.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is anyone here still under the delusion that if President Trump were NOT running these "**** on the wall" ham sandwich indictments would be happening?

Just checking to see where your heads are at...
    I made this point before that things didn't really ramp up until after Trump made his announcement making it a case of a political nature. I'm of the same camp as you are. I don't believe all of these indictments would have occurred if Trump would have just gone away.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not sure the different sects inside the party actually agree on that. That seems kind of how they settled on Biden. He was someone no one hated, even though no one really liked him. I think the controllable part was a bonus.
    I'm not sure about "someone no one hated". You're right about that in 2020. Biden was close to +20 points net approve. Just checked RCP approvals. Biden is -13 net. That's not good. But Trump's is so low they're both within the margin of error.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Governor of Georgia even acknowledged today that Trump is spreading lies. The call with Pence saying, "You're too honest," is revealing as well. I suppose we're supposed to believe that Kemp is either a Dem, a Rino, or a CIA and that he participated in rigging the election as he did with Stacey Abrams???
    Why did he wait until after the 2020 presidential election (but, of course before his own election) to shore up the security of voting in Georgia. He's been governor since 2018 and the problems were no different in 2020 just more overt

By Trump-appropriate standards, he should have done it in his first 100 days

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom