• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Regardless, republicans will need to up their ground game or they will lose in a close race. The same machine that helped beat them before is still out there and if anything stronger from it's past successes.
    If they expend all their energy trying to game the people's choice, they deserve their 40 years in the wilderness

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I really bought into the drain the swamp rhetoric in 2016.

When it didn't happen, ardent Trump supporters educated me on why it didn't happen.

At CPAC. Trump again was talking about firing.

Please call the Trump campaign and educate them too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wish any one man could drain the swamp. Sadly, that's an impossibility. I think the only thing that brings an end to the swamp and the duplicitous pols that inhabit it will be national collapse. We'll buckle under our own bloated weight; with that will come some type of reset. The wrong president might speed the process up while the right president might slow the process down. But the course has been set.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let’s say Trump wins the big chair in 2024. When 2028 rolls around and we post the statistics that show zero swamp drained, you guys gonna be mad? Make excuses? Claim 4D chess? Claim fake victories?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump said it in his CPAC speech. He has experience now. He learned the hard way, first time around.

Exactly what he needed to say. :rockwoot:
    According to the explanation I received here, he didn't learn anything because it is an impossibility

I am willing to hear you out on how what I was told is wrong

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let’s say Trump [DeSantis] wins the big chair in 2024. When 2028 rolls around and we post the statistics that show zero swamp drained, you guys gonna be mad? Make excuses? Claim 4D chess? Claim fake victories?
    Whither the obverse? Will it be Trump's fault somehow because being POTUS is nothing like being governor of a state with a republican legislative majority? Will DeSantis claim he didn't know what treatment he should expect? Can I get on his case because he doesn't fix everything in his first 100 days?

Do Trumpers OWE you a chance to fail spectacularly? If Trump is re-elected, when 2028 rolls around it will be 'Ron who?'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Whither the obverse? Will it be Trump's fault somehow because being POTUS is nothing like being governor of a state with a republican legislative majority? Will DeSantis claim he didn't know what treatment he should expect? Can I get on his case because he doesn't fix everything in his first 100 days?

Do Trumpers OWE you a chance to fail spectacularly? If Trump is re-elected, when 2028 rolls around it will be 'Ron who?'
    Dude. Listen to yourself. This is not a cogent rebuttal. You don’t have the point you think you do. Any president who you vote for because of the promises made, and can’t get it done, deserves criticism for that. Doesn’t matter who it is.

I’d wager that if Trump wins and fails against, you’ll have zero issues finding an excuse. If DeSantis wins and doesn’t get it done, the excuses you would have found for Trump won’t even come to mind. That’s because you have an idol (not in the Biblical sense), not just a candidates you support.

If DeSantis makes promises and can’t deliver he deserves the same criticism Trump deserves if he fails. See Ann Coulter, for how to be consistent and hold your candidate accountable.

BTW, Trump only picked up the drain the swamp stuff because the crowds started chanting it. It was just a campaign ploy. Ain’t no swamps getting drained. Not by Trump. Not by DeSantis. And if the do promise it, they better ***damn well deliver on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Leaving this here for jamil

Hey. Show me some evidence, make a well reasoned argument, and I can change my mind. Someone promises the Kraken and then folds like a lawn chair, and it’s just silly at that point to think you have any reason at all to believe in the Kraken.

You think instinct beats reason. If you don’t have a good model of reality you might be right on rare occasions for the same reasons a broken clock is right twice a day. And then you’re so impressed with yourself you start thinking you can intuit the truth every time rather than with solid information and reasoning.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The bar has been set on 100 day accomplishments…
    And that’s ridiculous. What did he/she say he/she was going to do, and when did he/she say it would be done? Hold your elected officials feet to the fire.

If they promised it done in the first 100 days, and they don’t get it done, that’s a strike. If they didn’t say when, and they get it done in their term, that’s a win.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And that’s ridiculous. What did he/she say he/she was going to do, and when did he/she say it would be done? Hold your elected officials feet to the fire.

If they promised it done in the first 100 days, and they don’t get it done, that’s a strike. If they didn’t say when, and they get it done in their term, that’s a win.
    The bar has been set, and set pretty high by the standard set in my lifetime, for what can be accomplished in the first 100 days.

No caveat's needed. Just do it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Leaving this here for jamil

I really like this articulation of a point I try to make often.

“Using evidence as the sole reporting standard can be misleading because, as in the Wuhan case, existing evidence may be deliberately hidden from public scrutiny. Sometimes, new evidence, such as the impact of school closings and mask mandates on children, comes to light. Concluding narratives based on insufficiently-known proof can be dangerous and lead to wrong policy choices.”

“If a reasonable person can believe a theory is probable, reporting standards demand that it should at least be subjected to the usual scrutiny of quality journalism. This would include interviewing multiple "experts" with opposing views and airing out both points of view, without bias. Let the public judge for themselves.”

The above is sorely missing from our media…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom