• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Wasn't the original republican loyalty pledge instituted because of Trump In 2016? Regardless, the whole notion of loyalty pledge is silly. Silly as it may be, I recall some states requiring candidate's signature to appear on the ballot. And I think there was some kerfuffle about signing to be eligible for debates. I have no problem if a candidate doesn't sign it. It's silly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Has he declared his intent to run for POTUS already?
    That makes the point, the media and RINO’s are trying to force a pledge of support to unknown candidates. Are you willing to pledge to as of yet unknown candidates, much less with unknown events that happen in a campaign right now? This is all a media gotcha game and several here are falling for it…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    That makes the point, the media and RINO’s are trying to force a pledge of support to unknown candidates. Are you willing to pledge to as of yet unknown candidates, much less with unknown events that happen in a campaign right now? This is all a media gotcha game and several here are falling for it…
    No. Which is why I said *almost* anybody in the General.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him.

“The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.” ― Frank Herbert, Dune

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

“The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.” ― Frank Herbert, Dune
    So, I guess that Trump gets to be "the streetfighter"(tm), while the rest of the field has to pussyfoot around while obeying The Marquess of Queensbury Rules? That's some ******** right there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can a man do this and still be thought to have principles? Not in my book. For checking the box to be able to run, Sununu is pledging to support a man he called crazy…

Chris Sununu, the New Hampshire governor and potential presidential candidate who once joked that former President Donald Trump is “****ing crazy,” backpedaled and pledged recently to support Trump if he’s the nominee in 2024.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

“Despite impeachment, FBI raids, lawsuits, and constant attacks, since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party

Fixed it…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting, in a search I came across this gem.

“Political parties at the state level often ask candidates to sign loyalty pledges, but it is unprecedented for Republicans in a presidential election.”

So we did not have “loyalty pledge“ requirements until Trump. Hmmm…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is great.

“But Trump, as polarizing as he is, can always expand his own base. Following Trump’s appearance at the site of a toxic train derailment in Ohio last week — a visit derided by the left and mocked on Saturday Night Live — Walker called it a “prime example of what got Trump elected in the first place.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can a man do this and still be thought to have principles? Not in my book. For checking the box to be able to run, Sununu is pledging to support a man he called crazy…

Chris Sununu, the New Hampshire governor and potential presidential candidate who once joked that former President Donald Trump is “****ing crazy,” backpedaled and pledged recently to support Trump if he’s the nominee in 2024.
    I think on INGO you can pledge to never vote for Trump again even in the general if he wins the nomination, but you have to keep an open mind about DeSantis. I think it has something to do with feels, certainly not that much to do with America First based on positions taken so far

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Obviously Republicans need every vote they can get because Democrats gonna send their army of purple haired nutters out to coerce whatever they can get. So even if the always-Trump contingent were small, R's need them. 1/4 of Republican voters isn't small. If you guys vote for Trump if he goes independent, D's will win. And I hope R's understand that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting, in a search I came across this gem.

“Political parties at the state level often ask candidates to sign loyalty pledges, but it is unprecedented for Republicans in a presidential election.”

So we did not have “loyalty pledge“ requirements until Trump. Hmmm…

It's not a big mystery. The loyalty pledge between candidates is to try to hedge against Trump running 3rd party. If Trump runs 3rd party, he might get 30% of the R vote. Maybe higher. He's not winning though. And neither is the Republican. So a 3rd party candidacy is just as spoiler.

DeSantis sure ain't running 3rd party if he loses. I doubt it's likely that any of the other top candidates would either. So this is purely about trying to get Trump to commit to supporting whoever is the winner of the Republican primaries.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And just like clockwork, news of the traitor…

Traitor? :scratch: I can see calling Ryan a number of names that fit. Or maybe Traitor doesn't mean what you think it does.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Traitor? :scratch: I can see calling Ryan a number of names that fit. Or maybe Traitor doesn't mean what you think it does.
    He is a liar and a traitor to those conservatives that voted for him and his caucus. He made promises only to not implement them when they had the opportunity to. All those with TDS that blame Trump for the legislative failures the first two years are blaming the wrong guy. Ryan is front and center.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He is a liar and a traitor to those conservatives that voted for him and his caucus. He made promises only to not implement them when they had the opportunity to. All those with TDS that blame Trump for the legislative failures the first two years are blaming the wrong guy. Ryan is front and center.
    He's a conservative. A ****ty neocon chamber-o-commerce one. He isn't a traitor to his own type. And he was never loyal to you. So there are plenty of appropriate names you can call him. Traitor isn't one of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom