• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm in agreement that certain things need to be hashed out in the primaries but IMO I think DeSantis is a worthy option to vote for in the general if Trump should lose to him in the primary.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The only Republican nominee that Trump will support is Trump, himself.
    Do you understand the difference between a republican and a America first nominee?

Shoud Trump be obligated to support those that did not support him when he was President or running for re-election just because they win the nomination? How about those that distanced themselves and are on record saying negative about him, like Pence, Trump should be obligated to back them too.

In a short phrase, HELL NO…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Do you understand the difference between a republican and a America first nominee?

Shoud Trump be obligated to support those that did not support him when he was President or running for re-election just because they win the nomination? How about those that distanced themselves and are on record saying negative about him, like Pence, Trump should be obligated to back them too.

In a short phrase, HELL NO…
    I hate to keep bringing DeSantis's name into the picture, but has he ever exhibited those kinds of things?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I will not vote for Trump in the Primary under any circumstances. However, I will vote for almost anyone who wins the elephant nomination in the General, even Trump. For those of you with whom I sparred during the past Indiana senatorial election, this will have a familiar ring; to me, Trump is the Todd Young of 2024.

It seems that it is not possible for Trump supporters to express similar intentions.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I will not vote for Trump in the Primary under any circumstances. However, I will vote for almost anyone who wins the elephant nomination in the General, even Trump. For those of you with whom I sparred during the past Indiana senatorial election, this will have a familiar ring; to me, Trump is the Todd Young of 2024.

It seems that it is not possible for Trump supporters to express similar intentions.
    Are you good with Paul Ryan?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Has DeSantis ever come out and tried to blame Trump for "organizing" or "inciting" what happened on J6?

Has DeSantis not come out and publicly defended Trump about what happened with the bull*** raid on Mar A Lago?

Has DeSantis never supported Trump when he was POTUS? Seems to me he was one of the leading vocal defenders of Trump while he was in office.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Speaking of people that appear to be distancing themselves from Trump let us not forget his own daughter Ivanka who was a big part of his prior administration has distanced herself from her father this go around because he is a hot potato over this whole J6 thing. and she doesn't want any part of it. No mass says she.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Speaking of people that appear to be distancing themselves from Trump let us not forget his own daughter Ivanka who was a big part of his prior administration has distanced herself from her father this go around because he is a hot potato over this whole J6 thing. and she doesn't want any part of it. No mass says she.
    Good riddance to Ivanka. She and her, ahem, man were among the things I most disliked about Trumps 1st term. I'm more likely than not to vote for D'tis in the general if he wins the nomination. I suppose he could say or do something between now and then that might persuade me to not vote for him, though unlikely. But the one thing that would prevent me from voting for him would be who ¡Ron! puts on the bottom of his ticket. I'm not going to name names, but there is more than one name, that if selected for his vp slot, would prevent me from voting for him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get it that this is a tough topic, heck, it is tough to decide what to do for just myself.

What deity decreed that a presidential primary candidate must support the nomine, that did so for reasons other than that of selfish self interest? I now believe it to be contrived by the media and RINO‘s to keep a lid on America First supporters. They create this narrative that one is a bad guy if they do not support those that have agendas different from themselves.

I can see how in the past the whole support the team thing worked, candidates with very similar goals competed to execute those goals. That is not the case today, the goals for republican candidates are vastly different. In fact, when it is said and done I suspect several candidates goal will be to keep Trump from winning, not winning on their own platform. (Mike Pence, looking at you.)

“Asked recently whether he intends to support the 2024 Republican nominee, whomever that might be, Trump ominously rejected any such promise. "It would depend," he told The New York Times. "It would have to depend on who the nominee was."

So it is unreasonable to say it depends on the nominee? The whole premise reeks of control…
    This sounds an awful lot like you’re hedging your support for Trump as a third party candidate if he loses the primary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder if DeSantis is a traitor not worthy of ever voting for in the general if he runs in the event that Trump loses the nomination to him? I'm mean that's what we are really talking about. Not Paul Ryan or Holcomb or Todd Young.

Well, obviously. Since that Soros endorsement.

Reactions: KG1

Spencer2A

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2021
    Muncie,IN

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Got my vote even with no video lol

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. So my 2 cents on this question...

It may surprise some folks. But I kinda agree with Mike, at least on face value.

Practically speaking, I can't see myself voting for a Nicky Haley for POTUS in the general. I'm just saying. Same if some other ****** R wins the primaries. Mike Pence? Nope. Mitt Obamney? Nope.

So I think "it depends" is a fair point. Baically, if you don't know whether you should vote for the Republican nominee, look at Mitch McConnell's pants. If he's sporting a boner after primaries, don't bother voting. It's probably rigged anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good riddance to Ivanka. She and her, ahem, man were among the things I most disliked about Trumps 1st term. I'm more likely than not to vote for D'tis in the general if he wins the nomination. I suppose he could say or do something between now and then that might persuade me to not vote for him, though unlikely. But the one thing that would prevent me from voting for him would be who ¡Ron! puts on the bottom of his ticket. I'm not going to name names, but there is more than one name, that if selected for his vp slot, would prevent me from voting for him.
    I would look unfavorably on his nomination as well if someone like NH was selected for him just like who was selected for Biden's **** VP pic.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

It may surprise some folks. But I kinda agree with Mike, at least on face value.

Practically speaking, I can't see myself voting for a Nicky Haley for POTUS in the general. I'm just saying. Same if some other ****** R wins the primaries. Mike Pence? Nope. Mitt Obamney? Nope.

So I think "it depends" is a fair point. Baically, if you don't know whether you should vote for the Republican nominee, look at Mitch McConnell's pants. If he's sporting a boner after primaries, don't bother voting. It's probably rigged anyway.
    I would rather not look at the Turtle's pants to see if he's sporting a boner.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Except the article in question was about the candidates supporting the nominee.

The way things are going Soros may have been right in his prediction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom