Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We will lose the 2024 election because of threads like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not because of threads like this. We're just disagreeing about a candidate for president on an internet forum. Or do you think that no one should ever question anything your chosen candidate does for fear that it might sway some lurker against him? Is that it? It's "go Trump" no matter what? Or else someone might notice his flaws?

Let me say this. That ship has sailed. The jig is up. People have made their minds up on Trump by now. They had 4 years to see what he's about. And in his last few months, he probably did about as much against his own reputation as the media. Ain't nobody gonna read this thread and think, "oh, gee. I was going to vote for trump, but now...I dunno. That jamil guy is so convincing." :):

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    me ready to worsen an already tense.jpg

I had no idea there were this many millennials on this forum. :D

There are an impressive number of hurt feelings here. This is a prime example of emotions dictating decisions. Because the bad orange man said things I don't like (in a way that I don't like) that means everyone else should also bad mouth him and attack him with nonsense claims. Then I'm going to attack you for not agreeing with me.

Remember, before you reply. I did not name any names of who is showing this kind of behavior. :shady:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    View attachment 244741

There are an impressive number of hurt feelings here. This is a prime example of emotions dictating decisions. Because the bad orange man said things I don't like (in a way that I don't like) that means everyone else should also bad mouth him and attack him with nonsense claims. Then I'm going to attack you for not agreeing with me.

Remember, before you reply. I did not name any names of who is showing this kind of behavior. :shady:
    Nope. But you only singled out the bolded....interesting.

Trump supporters posting here are impervious to emotion. Just read their posts....oh wait

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    View attachment 244741

I was gonna agree with you until you misidentified where the emotions are. I think they're on the side that's dismissing it as "mean tweets". And claiming it's badmouthing him. If you want to add mystery to the side you might be talking about, you might not make the clues so clear.

I'd like to find some evidence that the passionate but irrational defense is not just "must protect orange man god".

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 244741

If all you can make out of 125 pages of patiently-explained, fact-based criticisms of Trump is “orange man bad”, and “but muh mean tweets”, the problem is in your reception…not the transmission.

A lot of people are telling you why they aren’t going to go along with Trump this time. You are free to ignore them, but what advantage does it gain you?

Trump isn’t going to win, but neither will any other Republican without the support of the Trumpers…that’s where you guys have leverage…make your key issues the tent poles that support the republicans tent, and they will be forced to negotiate with you time and again.

Trump just gave them an easy scapegoat, as evidenced by his current treatment from formerly “loyal” supporters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The nevertrumpers are a lot like the liberaltarians. They feed off of each other, with no plan for a fix. They just bitch and whine about someone who HAS PROVEN their worth, yet doesn't meet the purity standard. The "perfect" is the enemy of the good.

In the meantime the nevertrumpers dissolution the overall voting populace, that know the right thing to do.

We are back to the same 'ol mean tweets stuff. Better buckle up, this will get worse before it gets better. There is a whole crowd of folks waiting desperately for the next "tweet."

This is quite similar to the abortion issue narrative that the libs VERY SUCESSFULY used to sway the midterms.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump isn’t going to win, but neither will any other Republican without the support of the Trumpers…that’s where you guys have leverage…make your key issues the tent poles that support the republicans tent, and they will be forced to negotiate with you time and again.
    That is actually a really good point. It is also probably the best way to move the whole AF thing forward.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The nevertrumpers are a lot like the liberaltarians. They feed off of each other, with no plan for a fix. They just bitch and whine about someone who HAS PROVEN their worth, yet doesn't meet the purity standard. The "perfect" is the enemy of the good.

In the meantime the nevertrumpers dissolution the overall voting populace, that know the right thing to do.

We are back to the same 'ol mean tweets stuff. Better buckle up, this will get worse before it gets better. There is a whole crowd of folks waiting desperately for the next "tweet."

This is quite similar to the abortion issue narrative that the libs VERY SUCESSFULY used to sway the midterms.

Trumpers are sore losers. They feed off each other with no plan for a fix. They just bitch and whine about someone who HAS PROVEN they lose elections for the party, while also diverting funds away from viable campaigns to pad their own losing endeavor.

In the meantime Trumpers will ignore any criticism in favor of cult-like devotion to their chosen demagogue, desperately longing for the next mean tweet to give them guidance and purpose in life…

…the old self-cuck to ”own the libs”. Classic 4d Trump.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This thread and its posts are so funny. In the Young thread I was the bad guy because I said the primary is the time to get conservative candidates on the ballot, not waste a vote on fringe candidates and had so much opposition, they were determined to teach the party a lesson. Here, discussing the primary candidates the majority seem to be saying the opposite, that candidates palatable to the lowest common denominator must be selected…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you must have been reading someone else's posts...

Why would he opine on anything when he's not yet running? If he does run, the clear objective is to focus on Florida through the end of the legislative session... that is his JOB and the performance for doing that job is a big part of what he would run on... why would he.

Ummm... Trump is running... He's announced it and also put out trading cards... and has nothing to say about US policy on Ukraine other than EU should be paying more?
    jamil called it, minimize the truth when you can't avoid it

Trump had that particular position 6 months before he announced, and has held the position we should not be involved in wars that don't further our country's aims since at least 2016

As a Buckeye, I can tell you 'playing not to lose' doesn't come to a very good end; but keep telling yourself ABT

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump "campaign insider" ahem, claims that the "magic is gone" in typical Trump fashion he brings the heat and torches that claim and the person who wrote the story with his response. He's still got the fire, no doubt.

EVERY day is the Ides of March when you are DJT

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This thread and its posts are so funny. In the Young thread I was the bad guy because I said the primary is the time to get conservative candidates on the ballot, not waste a vote on fringe candidates and had so much opposition, they were determined to teach the party a lesson. Here, discussing the primary candidates the majority seem to be saying the opposite, that candidates palatable to the lowest common denominator must be selected…
    I would also point out the ... asymmetry ... of taking someone to task for saying they WILL vote for Trump regardless of who the nominee is, but crickets when some say they WILL NOT vote for Trump, even if he is the nominee. Those seem like two sides to the same coin, but making only one 'deplorable' feeds the existing bias

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And if Trump is an AF coalition builder, where are all the AF candidates he recruited to run and take those seats that were retired?

THAT is what a successful national party leader does.
    Wasn't Trump being investigated and impeached the first time during that period? Was that somehow related to something Trump did (besides be a populist) so that he deserved/earned that in your 'mind'?

Perhaps if you wanted a rational, worthwhile comparison it would be better to look at how Clinton did in the midterms after he beat his rap

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom