• Status
    Not open for further replies.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Kamala didn't even make it to the first primary.

If the left is so solid, why did the anointed one lose to trump in 2016? Did the Bernie bros staying home have anything to do with that?

It's because there are more of us who find Hillary repulsive.

The left maintaining a unified front (their interests converge) is likely a general statement, not an absolute statement. It is largely true.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I notice you no longer seem to be claiming Trump doesn't have a Ukraine position or the DeSantis does.
    I think you must have been reading someone else's posts...

I don't believe he has to resign as governor to opine on Ukraine or any AF position
    Why would he opine on anything when he's not yet running? If he does run, the clear objective is to focus on Florida through the end of the legislative session... that is his JOB and the performance for doing that job is a big part of what he would run on... why would he.

Saying 'If I were in charge I would [some concrete position]' is not the same as announcing your candidacy. Waiting as long as you can to commit to some policy is the mark of a politician, not a leader
    Ummm... Trump is running... He's announced it and also put out trading cards... and has nothing to say about US policy on Ukraine other than EU should be paying more?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ummm... Trump is running... He's announced it and also put out trading cards... and has nothing to say about US policy on Ukraine other than EU should be paying more?
    A long standing issue for Trump is the US involved in costly wars that are not our problem. And if the world needs needs to solve the issue they need to pay up, not our problem.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Trump never had the support of the old school/old money/old stodgy party boss republicans. It was the popular wave to go against the establishment, that got him elected.

The uni-party learned from their mistake and have used covid to create a new electoral system. Those who control the ballots, control the election outcomes.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Kamala didn't even make it to the first primary.

If the left is so solid, why did the anointed one lose to trump in 2016? Did the Bernie bros staying home have anything to do with that?
    That's my point. Kamala was a loser yet the DNC strings said vote her in; and just like that, against all odds she won.

We can learn from that

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's my point. Kamala was a loser yet the DNC strings said vote her in; and just like that, against all odds she won.

We can learn from that
    Huh? No one votes for the VP. She was picked because she checked the right boxes

As for the senile one, I imagine he got more "not Trump" votes than Biden votes. It also helped immensely that they were able to hide him for most of the election.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    A long standing issue for Trump is the US involved in costly wars that are not our problem. And if the world needs needs to solve the issue they need to pay up, not our problem.
    That is somewhat revisionist... while Trump has always been opposed to the US being directly involved, i.e. "boots on the ground", he has also always been for providing military, lethal aid, to places like Ukraine.

He ran on criticizing Obama for only sending Ukraine blankets, pillows and sheets and in his very first year in office, approved lethal military aid for Ukraine, including Javelin anti-tank missiles.

From December 2017:

And this March, as Russia sank into the Ukrainian quagmire, he boasted that he sent the Javelins that wreaked such destruction on the Russian armor columns, while criticizing NATO as a paper tiger.

So, the word "involved" is doing some heavy lifting...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh? No one votes for the VP. She was picked because she checked the right boxes

As for the senile one, I imagine he got more "not Trump" votes than Biden votes. It also helped immensely that they were able to hide him for most of the election.
    I think she was picked because she has the temperament and intellect of a child. And, this arouses biden. So when there is no other hair to smell. He can smell hers. I mean. It’s the only way they can keep him awake.

But seriously. The establishment wanted Harris. They pushed that brainless **** as hard as they could. And then Tulsi Gabbard pulled Kamala’s pants down in the spotlight of a nationally televised debate. In the end, they still kinda got Harris for the same reason they picked her to win the nomination in the first place. She checks the boxes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think Biden voters voted for him because Kamala was picked to be on the ticket. They voted for Biden to get rid of Trump. It didn't matter who else was picked to be his running mate. IMO she added nothing of value and still to this day hasn't.

Edit:; Caveat. The only possible value that she added was entertainment value.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The reason they picked Kamala wasn’t to get votes. They we’re getting those regardless. I don’t think they wanted Biden as President either. They wanted kamala. But Biden was oddly electable. People viewed him as safe.

They wanted Kamala because she checks the boxes. First black VP. First woman VP. I think they had delusions that being VP could possibly lead to the first Black Woman POTUS. The holy grail of intersectional feminism. But then she’s proven herself to have the temperament and intellect of a child.

At least that’s how I read the tea leaves.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think republicans should hire people to watch and film the ballot boxes and provide some discreet protection close by for the watchers for what will be the inevitable reaction. Film and track everybody involved after whatever fracas develops after confrontations. I don't think republicans can get an activist ground game going in the places where ballots are harvested so for a short term start this might provide a return.

I still think the important thing is to make the penalties for election interference draconian, activist organization leadership is going to have a hard time motivating their troops if they are looking at 20 year sentences if caught and convicted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In a lot of states ballot harvesting is legal. Most states allow someone other than the voter to return the ballot. Some states don’t specify. Several specify a family member or oerson in the home. If there’s no law against a voter returning many voters’ ballots. You can camp outside the boxes all you want. Maybe you record someone dropping off hundreds of ballots. If it’s legal what can you do?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The reason they picked Kamala wasn’t to get votes. They we’re getting those regardless. I don’t think they wanted Biden as President either. They wanted kamala. But Biden was oddly electable. People viewed him as safe.

They wanted Kamala because she checks the boxes. First black VP. First woman VP. I think they had delusions that being VP could possibly lead to the first Black Woman POTUS. The holy grail of intersectional feminism. But then she’s proven herself to have the temperament and intellect of a child.

At least that’s how I read the tea leaves.
    Well that just shows how superficial they are. They picked a real doozy just so they could break those milestones. It's a joke. I mean weren't there any other minority women that could've represented that pick with dignity, intelligence and competency to honor with such an achievement?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In a lot of states ballot harvesting is legal. Most states allow someone other than the voter to return the ballot. Some states don’t specify. Several specify a family member or oerson in the home. If there’s no law against a voter returning many voters’ ballots. You can camp outside the boxes all you want. Maybe you record someone dropping off hundreds of ballots. If it’s legal what can you do?
    I think another big issue was the handing out of unsolicited mail in ballots.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well that just shows how superficial they are. They picked a real doozy just so they could break those milestones. It's a joke. I mean weren't there any other minority women that could've represented that pick with dignity, intelligence and competency to honor with such an achievement?
    I mean. Who is really in charge now? Joe? Kamala? I think the DNC is the infamous “The White House” that keeps correcting the president on his own policies. Biden or Kamala. Aren’t they just figureheads anymore?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

You can't do anything legally in those states, much like trying to stop election corruption in chicago. You can put the machine on the defensive in places where it is illegal, and help push it out into the light. Anything is a start and right now republicans are way behind. Sitting in a country club sipping a martini isn't going to get them back in the national game. Get in and start spending money, find out what the other side is paying, hire your own mercenaries.

There is a Japanese saying I learned in the 80s that means "Business is war".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think another big issue was the handing out of unsolicited mail in ballots.
    If you can catch them doing that. That might be something. Every state that has vote by mail either mails out ballots to all registered voters each year or has some way to get on the list. Colorado is an example of that mass mailing to every registered voter. By being registered you are soliciting being on the list.

If you catch someone pushing blank ballots and filling stuff out on the spot, I think that would run afoul of their election laws. But as we saw in AZ, even if you prove they did something to put their thumb on the scales, you have to prove they intended to do it. So it depends how ****ed ip the election laws are. No chance that law is getting fixed in AZ when they have a governor who used it to get into office.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump "campaign insider" ahem, claims that the "magic is gone" in typical Trump fashion he brings the heat and torches that claim and the person who wrote the story with his response. He's still got the fire, no doubt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom