• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then that must make Trump Jesus Christ then. Correct? I said I was gonna sit this one out but you made it impossible for me not to comment on that line. Jesus Christ is the one and only true Saviour.
    Correct, but anyone who sells your interests down the river for 30 pieces of silver can correctly be compared to Judas - and the RINOs are certainly selling out our interests in favor of their own supply of 'silver'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think that's really true. The Left Twittersphere has been on anti-trump withdrawls since his banning. They brought him up incessantly. They've been obsessed with him. A major factor in their strategy not to get their asses handed to them in the midterms because of the horrible world they've crafted since regaining the big chair, is making this election a referendum on Trump.
    I thought it was a referendum on abortion/Roe. You guys should make up your mind

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One other thing about this. Trump is his own worst enemy. There are only so many people who can't see his own participation in self-destruction. I see that as a character flaw that prevents him from being as politically successful as he could be. But you guys, because it's criticism, think that those saying it must be in with the Democrats. And that's delusional.
    And you never can see that we think that the demand that Trump should try to be less Trump-like to appease some nebulous number of 'independents', who always seem to break democrat no matter what, is just as certain a path to defeat as nominating Rand Paul

You never can see that it is the authenticity of Trump that holds a lot of appeal. Any hint of his going with focus groups instead of gut instinct could be deadly

I understand the desire to attribute the other side's motivations to the most simplistic reasons possible makes it simpler to try to tear them down, but you must know it is intellectually dishonest

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ridiculous is calling people on a forum Judas. Judas betrayed Christ. If you can equate forum members with Judas then you are equating Trump with Christ. 2000 years is a pretty specific Judas, its not a generic Judas reference.
    Relax, there, Frankie
    From the CED

Judas
    noun [ C ]
    a person who is not loyal to a friend and helps the friend's enemies

No one called you Judas Iscariot, and we get enough faux outrage as it is without you jumping on the bandwagon

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    And you never can see that we think that the demand that Trump should try to be less Trump-like to appease some nebulous number of 'independents', who always seem to break democrat no matter what, is just as certain a path to defeat as nominating Rand Paul

You never can see that it is the authenticity of Trump that holds a lot of appeal. Any hint of his going with focus groups instead of gut instinct could be deadly

I understand the desire to attribute the other side's motivations to the most simplistic reasons possible makes it simpler to try to tear them down, but you must know it is intellectually dishonest

Can you expand on what you mean by “authenticity” in this example?

“Authentic“ is just about the last word I would use to describe Trump, for any number of documented and fact-based examples…

…Trump University and the Donald J Trump foundation are two that come to mind, but there are many more.

What are the “authenticities” you find attractive in Trump?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you are saying that everything I post other than glowing things about Trump is to be dismissed as horse****

Got it. Now who's the one trying to start something? You always like to accuse others of doing that.
    Dude, there is certainly A LOT of straw in that horse**** you're squawking about - which btw JGalt never even mentioned, it is only mentioned in the meme whose language and phrasing he does not control and that he likely only posted because it gives the general idea of what he is trying to say

I thought it was agreed that 'fact checking' memes is a stupid waste of time. Will you now claim I just called you stupid?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ETA: Also, I don't think you wrote "but" in the post I quoted, so I'm not sure how you took that personally. I made a general statement of "Questions like this are inevitably answered by yes, but......." So again, I'm not sure how you assumed I was directing that at you.
    Guilty conscience?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am satisfied with the way he represented the United States internationally. I am satisfied with the progress he was able to make domestically despite 'everyone' opposing him. Obviously I do not agree with everything that he did but the positive is greater than the negative. I would like to see him in office for a second term. If his ego allows I would like to see him in congress after his next presidency. THAT would be a disruptor to the status quo!!!
    Hear, hear!

I will caution you, however, that any level of agreement that Trump was not the perfect candidate Will. Never. Be. Enough. for some of our esteemed members

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Relax, there, Frankie
    From the CED

Judas
    noun [ C ]
    a person who is not loyal to a friend and helps the friend's enemies

No one called you Judas Iscariot, and we get enough faux outrage as it is without you jumping on the bandwagon
    Reading comprehension involves context. Apparently missed. Try again!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Correct, but anyone who sells your interests down the river for 30 pieces of silver can correctly be compared to Judas - and the RINOs are certainly selling out our interests in favor of their own supply of 'silver'
    Ok. Now do "another nail in the cross" I suppose the RINOs are the modern day equivalent of the Roman Empire. Who plays the part of Pontious Pilate? Maybe you might kind of get my point about comparing biblical analogies with Trump. I was willing to get past this whole biblical analogy thing, but you decided to broach the subject again.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom