J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Guilty conscience?

Sure. Possibly.

Or a good faith attempt to clarify what the intended meaning was.

You choose the option that best suits your preconceived notion. :ugh:

[Before anyone jumps to the religion thing, I meant good faith as in sincere effort. Nothing to do with anyone's God(s).]

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hear, hear!

I will caution you, however, that any level of agreement that Trump was not the perfect candidate Will. Never. Be. Enough. for some of our esteemed members

I can accept and respect their opinions. There's no need to try and change anyone's opinion. We can share ideas to come to a better understanding of things. Maybe people are not the way they are interpreted online.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sure. Possibly.

Or a good faith attempt to clarify what the intended meaning was.

You choose the option that best suits your preconceived notion. :ugh:

[Before anyone jumps to the religion thing, I meant good faith as in sincere effort. Nothing to do with anyone's God(s).]
    In the greatest interest of understanding we worked it out. Bug doesn't seem to be interested in that part.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you never can see that we think that the demand that Trump should try to be less Trump-like to appease some nebulous number of 'independents', who always seem to break democrat no matter what, is just as certain a path to defeat as nominating Rand Paul
    I absolutely understand what it is that you like about Trump. But what that amounts to is you thinking that Trump's behavior is more of an asset than the liability it is. He stirs up more opposition than he'd need to, and that's going to make him lose. He's poison to over half of Americans right now. That you think he can get most people to vote for him given the perception that he himself helped create, is astonishing. It's a perception you have that is far from what is evidenced by reality.

You never can see that it is the authenticity of Trump that holds a lot of appeal. Any hint of his going with focus groups instead of gut instinct could be deadly
    I do see that this appeals to you. I don't think anyone here thinks highly of using focus groups to decide how to best con the American public. As far as instinct, they can be right or they can be wrong.

I understand the desire to attribute the other side's motivations to the most simplistic reasons possible makes it simpler to try to tear them down, but you must know it is intellectually dishonest

This in itself is simplistic reasoning. You've assumed that I don't see what you like about Trump. I do. In fact I recall a post where I explained to someone else what you guys like about Trump and you posted in agreement. But you don't see your own illusions re: Trump. You think that more people are with you than there really are. You think that Trump's behavior is an asset when it's actually a liability. It doesn't matter that you like it. It matters that the false perception the media has pushed about Trump is aided by Trump's own behavior.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can you expand on what you mean by “authenticity” in this example?

“Authentic“ is just about the last word I would use to describe Trump, for any number of documented and fact-based examples…
    Trump would often explain his reasoning by just openly saying what his motivation is. Politicians usually making up some politically correct way of spinning it, or outright lying, because their reasoning sounds bad to some group. Trump will just say it. So when they say "authentic", they mean he speaks his mind.

…Trump University and the Donald J Trump foundation are two that come to mind, but there are many more.

What are the “authenticities” you find attractive in Trump?
    That's not what they mean by authentic. Here's an example. Muslims. He spoke his mind about that. The media was able to make a pretty strong likeness of Trump out of straw. But he says what he thinks without fear of what people will think of him. That's an asset in the real world. You want people to be up front about their thinking. It's a liability in the political world. Because political enemies will use that against you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    'Rino's are the Judas' of 2000 years ago."

That's a pretty specific Judas
    I mean. C'mon. Do you really think that he meant to imply Trump was Christ? People who are fiercely loyal to Trump are just using that as symbology that they betrayed Trump. Don't make any more out of it than there is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought you guys were all about 'proof'

But that seems to be innuendo. Perhaps you have proof you are not sharing?
    I would be surprised if he's doing it for nothing. But, it's possible the "something" isn't money. It could serve his ego. It could serve nothing more than to make heads explode. Or, he could be making lots of money on it. We'll just have to leave that to instinctive speculation. So that means Trumpers think it's angelic. That means neverTrumpers think it's satanic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok. Now do "another nail in the cross" I suppose the RINOs are the modern day equivalent of the Roman Empire. Who plays the part of Pontious Pilate? Maybe you might kind of get my point about comparing biblical analogies with Trump. I was willing to get past this whole biblical analogy thing, but you decided to broach the subject again.
    Uh, actually I think Bug assigned that one to me at least once. :):

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hear, hear!

I will caution you, however, that
    any level of agreement that Trump was not the perfect candidate Will. Never. Be. Enough. for some of our esteemed members
    Yeah, but we all know that's not actually the way it is, right? One, no one's looking for perfection. No one is perfect. Two, this is a cop out for excusing any legitimate complaints about Trump.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I mean. C'mon. Do you really think that he meant to imply Trump was Christ? People who are fiercely loyal to Trump are just using that as symbology that they betrayed Trump. Don't make any more out of it than there is.
    No.

Point to the post where I said so and I will apologize.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    In the greatest interest of understanding we worked it out. Bug doesn't seem to be interested in that part.

We're good. :cheers:

I'll occasionally respond to **** stirring so that anyone reading, who didn't read previous posts, doesn't get the wrong message. People are easily led down the wrong path. [I believe there is a long thread on the corona response and the "vaccine" to illustrate this point.] :D

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No.

Point to the post where I said so and I will apologize.
    Well. The post I replied to. Maybe I misunderstood what you applied that to. You didn't quote anything. It was already put out there that comparing RINO's to Judas is like comparing Trump to Christ. And that post is reasonably construed as arguing that point given the context of the posts in proximity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I missed that post. LOL. It has been done again, posting a celebrity and believing it TG. :lmfao:

Yeah. You can use google to search for images of a person, and then use google determine the image's origin, only to find out it's not an image of the person that google said was the person. I think there's a bug in one of their algorithms.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We're good. :cheers:

I'll occasionally respond to **** stirring so that anyone reading, who didn't read previous posts, doesn't get the wrong message. People are easily led down the wrong path. [I believe there is a long thread on the corona response and the "vaccine" to illustrate this point.] :D
    Unfortunately attempting to seek resolution instead of constantly seeking to stir the **** is sorely missing these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom