• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just my guess, he wants to win against them…
    Trump is tenacious if nothing else. It's not in his nature to quit and walk away. He has shown that he will never give in to them. it's personal. Who else but Trump could've endured everything that has been thrown at him? but yet he still keeps fighting.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Nice Picture.

No Source.
    Yeah, sorry forgot cite:
    The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public on issues with significant fiscal policy impact.
    This analysis focuses on proposals specifically put forward by the candidates. It does not include the $1.8 to $1.9 trillion stimulus offer made by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), which was supported by President Trump, nor does it include the original $3.4 trillion Heroes Act introduced and passed by House Democrats and supported by Vice President Biden.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I'm pro-Trump, too. Something I think you (and others) may be missing, and I'm speaking only for myself, is that Trump is my favorite candidate out of everyone available to be President, including at this point DeSantis. If I could hand-pick someone to be in that office, I would make it Trump before anyone else, including DeSantis.

Now this is where I need you and the others to take a deep breath, because...I don't get to hand-pick that person. And neither do you. He has to be elected, in an election where everyone can vote. Including a whole lot of people out there whom I frankly consider to be low-brow mouth breathers.

I don't think Trump can win that race. He has been destroyed too thoroughly by a countervailing PR attack. He was a good President, but he's damaged beyond the ability to win. He's Tom Brady with a missing leg.

I'm asking you and others to consider - a prosthetic leg may not be able to get this done.

The people like me who are making this point, aren't "destroying Trump." We're trying to get you to see He's Already Destroyed. Some people's devotion to him won't allow them to see that.

There comes a time when your dog has to be taken to the vet for the final time. It doesn't mean you don't love the dog. If we cannot find another dog to carry on with - then America was already screwed anyway.

I know this is not what you want to hear. Don't shoot the messenger. We're trying to tell you something you might not be able to see on your own. It is not "Leftist Talking Points." It is reality. And it's coming from someone who would want to see Trump back in the White House, if I could.

All Democrats have to do to win the Presidency, is find a candidate 39% of White voters don't find threatening. That's it. Joe Biden fits that bill. He will beat Donald Trump, every, single, time he runs against him. Because at least 39% of White voters don't find him threatening. That is the threshold of victory if you're a Democrat. Democrats have run the table so completely among every other group in America, that they now only need 39% of White voters overall to cement victory. Who the Republican candidate is, or what he stands for, don't matter if the Democrats hit that threshold.

In the absence of a witch like Hillary, Donald Trump's 40-something % approval rating cannot block that key threshold from being met. He beat Hillary because well in excess of 60% of White people found her more threatening than Donald Trump. Hillary is not the candidate anymore. The "harmless grandpa" Joe Biden is. And Donald Trump's reputation has been absolutely, brutally trashed compared to what it was in 2016. It is a new world now.

If the GOP gets 61% of the White vote - they LOSE. I don't think a lot of people understand that. That is why "mean tweets" matter. The people with "Just Be Kind" signs in their yard are the White People who make up that critical slice we need to either win, or neutralize. If those people vote, they are not voting for Donald Trump. The people with Autistic kids who attend churches with female pastors are part of that 39% of the White vote that guarantees Joe Biden victory. There are literally more of them than there are of us. THAT is why "mean tweets" matter. Some Trump voters believe his ability to send those tweets is what makes him the winner. Those people are, quite frankly, what you would call "cantankerous old farts," and they are not capable of considering a reality where that attitude is more of a negative than a positive.

It is absolutely undisputed that Trump absolutely dominates the demographic of "cantankerous old farts." The problem is, they are so outnumbered by people who think, that people should be, for lack of a better word, nice. Remember, these are low-information people. They don't understand politics. They don't understand the danger of globalism, or China, or woke capitalism.

But they understand the danger of "mean-ness." And when presented with a GOP candidate who seems to be speaking from a place of anger, they will choose Joe Biden every time. Because although he's useless, he also doesn't project meanness. He reminds them of their senile grandfather that they love.
    I hear what you are saying but I cannot agree. The moment I come into agreement that he cannot win, it adds another nail in the cross. Then we both express that opinion and we convince others he cannot win, they add more nails. Those people convince others and others until the time when he loses before he was able to run. That IMO is losing a battle before it starts. I am confident on D-Day their speech was quite different than what we are expressing today, right now.

We are at war, believe it or not. To deny the only candidate we have, in spite of his track record, is like giving a doomsday speech the hour before D-Day. Why even try?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    This whole tax return thi g is ludicrous

I disagree, I think ludicrous is too strong a term. It does look petty, but the house has a statutory right to the information, so this fight was always likely to break their way, and it was really pretty dumb of the Trump team to fight it.

To me, this is just another illustration Trump’s total lack of character.

Character used to matter to Republicans, that was why it was so important to impeach Clinton for lying about getting office head...because his poor character reflects badly upon our country, and we need someone who has the integrity required for the tough decisions a president has to make.

Trump proved that was all just ********…character is something you use against your opposition, not something required of your own candidates.

I don’t care about his mean tweets. I care that he is morally bankrupt, and people are seriously willing to hand him the keys to the vault…again.

That’s what’s ludicrous to me.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    You are still on the cards deal, I was discussing the bear, the bear has nothing to do with the cards, I keep saying that and you keep bringing up the cards.
    When I opened up INGO this morning, this was the first thing on my screen, all by itself. No context, no Trump, no DeSantis, no Dems, no Rinos. And forgive me Mike, but I found it hilarious!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I disagree, I think ludicrous is too strong a term. It does look petty, but the house has a statutory right to the information, so this fight was always likely to break their way, and it was really pretty dumb of the Trump team to fight it.

Character used to matter to Republicans, that was why it was so important to impeach Clinton for lying about getting office head...because his poor character reflects badly upon our country, and we need someone who has the integrity required for the tough decisions a president has to make.

Trump proved that was all just ********…character is something you use against your opposition, not something required of your own candidates.

I don’t care about his mean tweets. I care that he is morally bankrupt, and people are seriously willing to hand him the keys to the vault…again.

People thought General Patton was a real jerk. Was that ludicrous?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

No. They had a right to it IF they were actively working on legislation that could be influenced by that information. They did not have a right to obtain it just to release it to the public.

In fact, it should be illegal for them to obtain personal information about any citizen of this country and then release it to the public. The fact that it is 100% a political move makes it even more egregious.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    No. They had a right to it IF they were actively working on legislation that could be influenced by that information. They did not have a right to obtain it just to release it to the public.

In fact, it should be illegal for them to obtain personal information about any citizen of this country and then release it to the public. The fact that it is 100% a political move makes it even more egregious.

It looks like our courts disagree.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That would be novel. Blaming Trump by definition is anti-Trump.
    Still a good point. You can be pro anything while still recognizing areas where the person or thing has problems. I’m pro free market but Incan recognize some faults, even while thinking it’s better than anything else.

I could be pro-Trump and still admit when ****s something up. That’s just intellectual honesty. If pro trump media, for example, can’t admit when he makes a mistake, then how can anyone use them as a source of truth? But people start thinking that if they criticize, they’re somehow disloyal. We see that thinking here. As if pointing out some uncomfortable facts is literally destroying Trump, so please stop. I think that’s a poison sentiment.

Now I don’t view myself as pro Trump, because I don’t think he’s the right guy for this fight. That’s an opinion just like it’s the opinion of many people here thst he is. I’m not Anti-Trump. I root for him to make good decisions, and when I think he doesn’t that deserves calling out.

Being anti-Trump, or neverTrump as INGO likes to say, is really the opposite of alwaysTrump. The former never acknowledges anything good, always takes the least uncharitable interpretation. The latter always looks for reasons that everything Trump does is good whether it’s objectively good or not. Neither is a trustworthy source of truth.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The unprecedented raid was weaponized political tooling used to gain potential information to use against Trump in the election. To be fair, Joe Biden’s personal stuff, or whomever runs for democrats, should be raided and the spoils given to the Republicans for their opposition research. I think that’s only fair.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

The way you phrased this makes me genuinely curious:

Does this line of reasoning apply to Hunter Biden’s laptop for you?

Why or why not?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The unprecedented raid was weaponized political tooling used to gain potential information to use against Trump in the election. To be fair, Joe Biden’s personal stuff, or whomever runs for democrats, should be raided and the spoils given to the Republicans for their opposition research. I think that’s only fair.

I agree.

Raid Biden‘s property to recover any stolen government property in his possession and use it to hold him legally responsible for his actions.

Works for me.

When the president breaks the law the president should be held accountable.

Are you willing to say the same for Trump?

Why or why not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom