• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. If he has no plans to deliver that, he shouldn’t promise it.

Did Trump not deliver on the wall because he couldn’t get Mexico to pay for it? He promised it because he knew his devoted followers would believe he would deliver. And as we discussed his remarks a little while ago on INGO, he had no intention of doing any such thing.
    Ron can't deliver that and you know why. He wouldn't have the authority, it would require an amendment. It's next level ********

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Carter, Clinton, W

So 1 in 4 in my lifetime, but it will be different this time, yes?
    I’d argue 3/4. Bush was arguably successful at being what he is and making the most of it. A neocon. Clinton was successful at getting things done as a Democrat. He was very popular when he left office. Carter just threw leftist ideology at everything blindly believing it would work. He failed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think you give him too much credit. You should be telling him don’t promish **** you can’t deliver. We’ve wanted to tell the neocons that. Why not tell anyone that applies to?
    If one is too stupid to understand what the campaign speech rhetoric actually means they should give up discussing politics.

Take build a wall and Mexico will pay for it, at the end of the day it has to mean one of two things, the candidate will do everything constitutional to build a wall, and will do everything constitutional to tax or tariff money to or from Mexico to pay for it, or the candidate will become a dictator, build a wall and order the military to go to Mexico and take the money for the wall.

What did Trump do? He did the former but the corruption of his own party stalled it all. With all the RINO’s as many in the party are, few would even support, much less try to achieve this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ron can't deliver that and you know why. He wouldn't have the authority, it would require an amendment. It's next level ********
    Can Trump deliver on making Mexico pay for the wall? He knew he had no authority to do that. You believed he could though right up until he finally told you he just said that, knowing that he couldn’t.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can Trump deliver on making Mexico pay for the wall? He knew he had no authority to do that. You believed he could though right up until he finally told you he just said that, knowing that he couldn’t.
    Are you arguing that candidates cannot put forth what they want to do unless they can do it singlehandedly?

As for Mexico paying for the wall, a tax, as was suggested in discussions of Mexico paying for the wall, on the remittances to Mexico, $66 billion per year which is Mexico‘s largest legal source of money, would easily pay for the wall and more. A 1% tax on remittances would yield $660 million a year. A 3% tax would pay for the wall in 9 years…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He probably could have had Mexico (indirectly) pay for the wall by taxing remittances, but since congress wouldn't let him build it anyway there wasn't really a bill to be paid

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting topic recently came up in conservative media, the VP pick and might Trump select a running mate before the actual primaries.

Front runners seem to be, Kristi Noem and Kari Lake. It is rumored that Melania favors Tucker Carlson…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    So 62% of likely republican voters aren't real conservatives? Are they real Scotsmen?

Edit: Dukakis was twice elected governor of Massachusetts, presiding over 8 years of growth and prosperity known as 'The Massachusetts Miracle' and being re-elected with a 37 point margin over his challenger - before failing miserably as a presidential candidate, carrying only 10 states and DC

DeSantis is Dukakis without the tank, seldom does success as a governor translate into success at the national level (See: Scott Walker)
    No- real conservatives like the accomplishments we’ve seen in Florida. The agenda of actually moving the needle on policy. 100% should like the results.

If some republican voters prioritizes a revenge agenda, so be it for them.

The only comparison between DeSantis and Dukakis is that they are governors. DeSantis moved a purple state to solid red. Huge difference. The idea that he would win ten states is genuinely insane.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you arguing that candidates cannot put forth what they want to do unless they can do it singlehandedly?
    I mean, why do you guys play Kathy Newman in every discussion. I said what I said, not the straw ******** you want me to have said. Stop making promises you have no intention of keeping. Trump admitted he did that when he said he’d have Mexico pay for it, and even said no one should have believed it because he can’t do that.
    As for Mexico paying for the wall, a tax, as was suggested in discussions of Mexico paying for the wall, on the remittances to Mexico, $66 billion per year which is Mexico‘s largest legal source of money, would easily pay for the wall and more. A 1% tax on remittances would yield $660 million a year. A 3% tax would pay for the wall in 9 years…
    And you guys are still trying to make it true. Astonishing.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Interesting topic recently came up in conservative media, the VP pick and might Trump select a running mate before the actual primaries.

Front runners seem to be, Kristi Noem and Kari Lake. It is rumored that Melania favors Tucker Carlson…
    Tucker Carlson just went on X with Alex Jones and asked why were aren’t rushing armed citizens to shoot at the border crosses. I think the border problem is priority one, but picking a veep who caters only to a far-right audience and has tons of insane clips would be one way to hand an election to Biden.

Kari Lake is a fascinating choice if you want Biden to win. She’s the woman who said the House has a responsibility to reinstate Trump. A true election denier. State organizations do wonders to move states. Dems have moved Michigan with good org and GOP has really claimed Iowa with good organization. Arizona GOP leadership have been a true case study in failure. Kari Lake is not a serious candidate and would help Trump lose states by a wide margin. I would enjoy seeing someone who complained that her D opponent refused to debate her in the race and then lost turn this into the election denier super ticket. Dems would be thrilled with this choice.

Kristi Noem is best of the three, but going to be drowned in coverage over her bedroom habits that recently went public.

A VP pick should complement the candidate, not drive you further into your corner. He should find someone to help unite the party. Pence was good for that because Pence and Trump are different. Trump‘s antics and bizarre behaviors will likely make it difficult to recruit a quality choice.

If Trump wants to look official and pick a candidate for Veep to make it look done before the caucus, it would be interesting. Picking one of the three terrible choices above would probably seal the Steve King crowd in Iowa, but would raise eyebrows for the non-Steve King crowd. BTW Steve King got pushed out for those who don’t follow.

People who are debating voting Trump because Biden is so bad would be instantly be turned around if someone like Lake or Carlson was on the ticket.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Suckers...

1702041680982.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean, why do you guys play Kathy Newman in every discussion. I said what I said, not the straw ******** you want me to have said. Stop making promises you have no intention of keeping. Trump admitted he did that when he said he’d have Mexico pay for it, and even said no one should have believed it because he can’t do that.
    No matter what was said it can be done You said “He knew he had no authority to do that”. Are you saying it is unconstitutional to tax remittances to Mexico? Is it not reasonable to ask if candidates cannot put forth what they want to do unless they can do it singlehandedly if it requires others to accomplish?
    And you guys are still trying to make it true. Astonishing.
    It is completely constitutional because it is actually written in the constitution that tariffs and such are a responsibility of the federal government.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A true election denier.
    Do you recognize the pattern where the left is constantly accusing the right of exactly what they are doing? You and the left are the election deniers!

I posted earlier this week another election that judges threw out, ordered a new election, on similar or less grounds than in the Trump and Lake elections…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Do you recognize the pattern where the left is constantly accusing the right of exactly what they are doing? You and the left are the election deniers!

I posted earlier this week another election that judges threw out, ordered a new election, on similar or less grounds than in the Trump and Lake elections…
    Kari Lake is an embarrassment to the party. She will get dragged as an election denier of the worst kind. You'll get a billion dollars of ads of her talking about reinstating Trump and saying crazy **** to the backdrop of Jan 6 footage.

In the real world- Kari Lake lost. She is part of the dumbass wing that refuses to vote early or play the game getting votes racked up. She got beat. She refused to get over it and ran her mouth. An election denier to the extreme. Prob the worst pick anyone who wants to win could make.

Nobody gives a **** if some election somewhere got tossed. She's the Abrams of the right.

Adding-
    The Lake/Bannon wing should be laughed out of the party. This is Trump's crowd and a huge problem for winning national elections.

How “conservatives” embrace a House decertifying an election and installing someone is really interesting.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nobody gives a **** if some election somewhere got tossed.
    The problem explained in one clear sentence.

The acceptance of corruption of our government by the vast majority of the left is at least somewhat understandable in that by these methods they win. What is inexplicable is about half of the right to support the left’s corruption…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No matter what was said it can be done You said “He knew he had no authority to do that”. Are you saying it is unconstitutional to tax remittances to Mexico? Is it not reasonable to ask if candidates cannot put forth what they want to do unless they can do it singlehandedly if it requires others to accomplish?
    There you go again. I'm actually in awe right now. Unbelievable. Trump said that he had no intention of trying to make Mexico pay for it. That he just said it, and no one should have believed it.

So again. I'll say what I'm saying, no more, no less, and we'll see what you think I'm saying.

All I'm saying, no more. No less. Is politicians, don't ****ing lie about what you plan to do, making promises you have no intention of keeping. Like drain the swamp. And yes, making Mexico pay for the wall. And if they do, make ******** promises, let's call them out for lying.

Candidates have a right to lie. It's part of free speech. So I'm not saying they are breaking any laws. Voters have a right to call them out for lying, and we should. But some candidates have supporters so into them that they'll refuse to believe that they've been lied to EVEN WHEN THE CANDIDATE ADMITS IT WAS A LIE!

It is completely constitutional because it is actually written in the constitution that tariffs and such are a responsibility of the federal government.
    This is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how feasible the promise could have been, when the candidate himself admits it was a lie, and he had no intention of fulfilling it, and that no one should have believed it!

How do you do it? Seriously. I'm curious. I want to know why people think what they think. I thought Kathy Newman was being disingenuous as she re-stated everything Peterson said as something nefarious that he didn't say. I don't think you are being disingenuous.

I suspect you believe what you're saying. I suspect you're just not capable of seeing how Trump could be any less than what you think of him. And that's your right to believe and say what you want. But I'm gonna call you out when you say I'm saying something I did not say or imply.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kari Lake is an embarrassment to the party. She will get dragged as an election denier of the worst kind. You'll get a billion dollars of ads of her talking about reinstating Trump and saying crazy **** to the backdrop of Jan 6 footage.

In the real world- Kari Lake lost. She is part of the dumbass wing that refuses to vote early or play the game getting votes racked up. She got beat. She refused to get over it and ran her mouth. An election denier to the extreme. Prob the worst pick anyone who wants to win could make.

Nobody gives a **** if some election somewhere got tossed. She's the Abrams of the right.

Adding-
    The Lake/Bannon wing should be laughed out of the party. This is Trump's crowd and a huge problem for winning national elections.

How “conservatives” embrace a House decertifying an election and installing someone is really interesting.

Here's the thing. Kari Lake is a bit of a nutter on many things. But, she totally got ****ed in AZ. If a Republican got caught doing what Hobbs did in AZ, there would be criminal prosecutions.

In terms of decertifying an election, they'd need proof that it happened and that it changed the election outcome. Such proof is very difficult to come by. Especially when the establishment has no interest in an overturned outcome.

That's where I am on the whole election fraud thing. There's not going to be any proof sufficient to overturn the entire presidential election. That's always been a delusion that it could be overturned.

But, there is plenty of evidence that the establishment who wanted Joe Biden to win tipped the scales by changing how the election laws were implemented for 2020. They did all they could do to make mail-in-ballots as easy to manipulate as they could get away with. It's hard to prove fraud in that case and that was why they made it easier to cheat with chain of custody and they even extended deadlines. It's not going to be proven that they actually did manipulate the ballots. But there is evidence enough to strongly suspect they did.

You're right that people don't give a **** if an election got tossed because they found actual evidence of the mechanism that could work, and likely did work, scaled to every state that changed their how voting laws were implemented, all of which made cheating easier not harder.

Reactions: KG1

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    The problem explained in one clear sentence.

The acceptance of corruption of our government by the vast majority of the left is at least somewhat understandable in that by these methods they win. What is inexplicable is about half of the right to support the left’s corruption…
    Kari Lake lost.
    Donald Trump lost.
    Stacy Abrams lost.
    Hillary Clinton lost.

Everyone who throws around theories about any of those sounds exactly the same.

Top Bottom