• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The better question is why do self described conservatives constantly have to slight Trump?
    Well I’m not gonna suck his ****. If there’s something to praise, I’ll praise. If there’s something to criticize I’ll criticize. Don’t get too bent out of shape about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is true, but if the majority of one’s posts are negative toward Trump, especially when he was President it leads others to question one’s conservatism.
    :rofl:

Trump isn’t conservative. He’s a populist. I don’t hold that against him though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. You can see the wall from space. The swamp got drained. On and on. We’ve been through it before. He did some good stuff. He did some bad stuff. On balance more good than bad. That’s about the most an honest person can say about it.
    An honest person would say Trump did more for the conservative agenda than any other republican President, which is why they are so focused on taking him down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An honest person would say Trump did more for the conservative agenda than any other republican President, which is why they are so focused on taking him down.
    He had some good policies while in office. Like I said, more good than bad. Ut we’ve already been through the discussion about lasting changes. If the next schmuck can just undo everything the previous guy did with a stroke of the same pen, what really got done?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    He had some good policies while in office. Like I said, more good than bad. Ut we’ve already been through the discussion about lasting changes. If the next schmuck can just undo everything the previous guy did with a stroke of the same pen, what really got done?
    Real conservatives like the kind of things they’ve done in states like Florida.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    All beyond the control of any one man. I grade on what the man did, not what was beyond his control.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So 62% of likely republican voters aren't real conservatives? Are they real Scotsmen?

Edit: Dukakis was twice elected governor of Massachusetts, presiding over 8 years of growth and prosperity known as 'The Massachusetts Miracle' and being re-elected with a 37 point margin over his challenger - before failing miserably as a presidential candidate, carrying only 10 states and DC

DeSantis is Dukakis without the tank, seldom does success as a governor translate into success at the national level (See: Scott Walker)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like what DeSantis got done in FL. But you can do things when you have a legislature that’s supports the vision. Trump did have a legislature of his own party for a bit. I think some blame can be laid at his feet for not knowing how to work the machine. But they were openly hostile. They wanted the gravy train to stay on schedule. And if the swamp doesn’t want to be drained, prolly not gonna get drained.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All beyond the control of any one man. I grade on what the man did, not what was beyond his control.
    I think you give him too much credit. You should be telling him don’t promish **** you can’t deliver. We’ve wanted to tell the neocons that. Why not tell anyone that applies to?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you give him too much credit. You should be telling him don’t promish **** you can’t deliver. We’ve wanted to tell the neocons that. Why not tell anyone that applies to?
    You mean like Super Ron promising to single-handedly end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So 62% of likely republican voters aren't real conservatives? Are they real Scotsmen?

Edit: Dukakis was twice elected governor of Massachusetts, presiding over 8 years of growth and prosperity known as 'The Massachusetts Miracle' and being re-elected with a 37 point margin over his challenger - before failing miserably as a presidential candidate, carrying only 10 states and DC

DeSantis is Dukakis without the tank, seldom does success as a governor translate into success at the national level (See: Scott Walker)
    See Ronald Reagan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean like Super Ron promising to single-handedly end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens?
    Yeah. If he has no plans to deliver that, he shouldn’t promise it.

Did Trump not deliver on the wall because he couldn’t get Mexico to pay for it? He promised it because he knew his devoted followers would believe he would deliver. And as we discussed his remarks a little while ago on INGO, he had no intention of doing any such thing.

Top Bottom