• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hugh Hewitt was probably the best moderator I’ve seen to date. I think he handles it well.
    the others have been hit and miss.

If you want to lead a nation, you should be willing to stand in front of your party then your opposition to discuss the difference in strategy and beliefs. Trump hasn’t had to address concerns the way the others have, because he chose to opt out. We haven’t heard him discuss how he would handle the challenges today. The world has changed since he left office. He does choose insults over substance now at his rallies and with his so-eloquent Truth Social postings. None of this is an excuse to not tell the people what you would do in office.
    Trump is running on his 2016-2020 record. It speaks for itself. Besides the overzealous prosecutors are doing his campaigning for him. He gains more for his political campaign because of it with each indictment.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump is running on his 2016 record. It speaks for itself. Besides the overzealous prosecutors are doing his campaigning for him. He gains more for his political campaign because of it with each indictment.
    There are things about that record he should answer questions about.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not as much as they want(ed) to (be) accepted by other parents.

I'll agree they want healthcare. I think they're agnostic on abortion.

I'm not talking about the young hipster moms that shop at Whole Foods.

The suburban Mom demographic is my customer base. I'm talking about women in their 40's and early 50's. They lived in suburban belt counties that were once reliably red. They have their kids in every activity, academy, travel sport and private coaching program they can squeeze in. They mean well, but tend live vicariously through their kids. Some are helicopter parents. They live in houses they can barely afford. They drive SUVs they can barely afford. They shop at Costco. They go on vacation for every break. They rely on 401(k)s for davings. They don't make the big money decisions like houses and vehicles, but unilaterally make the consumer spending decisions - weekly goods, grocery shopping, dining and entertainment, extracurricular spending.

In 2004, they wanted the stability of GWB. In 2008, they wanted to be part of the club that voted for BHO. In 2012, they wanted Romney. In 2016, they settled for Trump. In 2020, they were sick of Trump. Well now, they know they may have thought Trump coarse, but they loved how their monthly income vs monthly out-go looked during the Trump Admin (even though the spending never slowed and the printing began ramping up).
    At the point in their kids lives you describe I mostly agree, my point comes after your point when the kids are just out of college, they were the driver that gave us the stay on your mommies insurance until you are 26…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hugh Hewitt was probably the best moderator I’ve seen to date. I think he handles it well.

If you want to lead a nation, you should be willing to stand in front of your party then your opposition to discuss the difference in strategy and beliefs. Trump hasn’t had to address concerns the way the others have, because he chose to opt out. We haven’t heard him discuss how he would handle the challenges today. The world has changed since he left office. He does choose insults over substance now at his rallies and with his so-eloquent Truth Social postings. None of this is an excuse to not tell the people what you would do in office.
    We agree on something! HH is a good guy.

Todays challenges while worse than in 2020 are still the same ones Trump was trying to battle all while battling endless investigations and impeachments…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1- We should worry as a country if we don't have debates. That's not acceptable. It shouldn't be accepted that Trump won't attend the ones we have now. We're retreating to ideological corners and refusing to debate. Biden should be pressed on his performance.
    If the debates were actually debates I might agree with you. No one’s debating. They’re preening for the cameras and trying not to flub up their focus group tested one-liners.

How is the fat ass pussbag’s “Donald Duck” line anything like a debate. Christie only managed to beclown himself. Trump is in a position not to have to play that game. It’s just the way it is no matter how “right” we want things to be.
    2- There's a term for people who love and forgive those they adore unconditionally... You keep waiting for that krakken. You'll probably talk about it here when acting to be confident Trump is the only option in 28.
    Trump isn’t the only option. But he is the option we’ll be left with by May, when Hoosiers get to vote. It’s what it is.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country

With all due respect, Trump stood in front of the Party in 2016, with the Presidency and control of the House and Senate, which were voted in on is coattails, and the Mickey Mouse-voiced bedwetters that had been pontificating "Wait until we get control, just wait until we get control..." got control and stone-walled Trump. Trump got knifed in the back by the party. He shouldn't give them the time of day.

We have four years of the Trump agenda and four years of mostly successful executive governance. Nobody is perfect. He's got more track record and results as the Chief Executive of a country than the rest of the field. When his polling is so far ahead, he doesn't need to tell anyone why they should vote for him, it's up to his challengers to change the mind of the electorate and, so far, they have not. Why would he sit at the kid's table?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I see your 'lips' move, but all I hear is 'my guy can't get any traction against Trump, so Trump should debate him to help out with that'

Trump skipping debates should be a YUGE opportunity for those other candidates to tell us how they will handle all of America's problems when they get into office - why are they so focused on scoring points?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump isn’t the only option. But he is the option we’ll be left with by May, when Hoosiers get to vote. It’s what it is.
    I don't believe you really think that, else you would be acting on that 'certainty' and be doing all you could to assure he wins the general and has the longest coattails possible, not grudgingly deigning to only pull the lever for him on Election Day

I have great faith that you and others of like attitude will, however, blame Trump solely and entirely if he loses with no blame accruing to your own fecklessness

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    All one has to do is watch the last SOTU before Covid blew everything up and truly, honestly, and objectively ask him or herself “do we want to be there again, or continue along the path we are on now?”. That should be a pretty easy question for most rational people who aren’t blinded by TDS or otherwise incurably poisoned by partisanship.

The whole thing is really that simple for me.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "Perfect is the enemy of good enough"
    You are a world class deflector. He does need to answer some questions about his first term. We aren't all as enamored of him as you are. A lot of people don't even know who they will vote for. He needs to convince them to vote for him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't believe you really think that, else you would be acting on that 'certainty' and be doing all you could to assure he wins the general and has the longest coattails possible, not grudgingly deigning to only pull the lever for him on Election Day

I have great faith that you and others of like attitude will, however, blame Trump solely and entirely if he loses with no blame accruing to your own fecklessness
    Let’s make sure who’s gonna represent the GOP before we agitate too much. I don’t see much getting in his way at this point, but **** can happen. We don’t know how indictments/convictions will play out.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I see your 'lips' move, but all I hear is 'my guy can't get any traction against Trump, so Trump should debate him to help out with that'

Trump skipping debates should be a YUGE opportunity for those other candidates to tell us how they will handle all of America's problems when they get into office - why are they so focused on scoring points?
    The leading candidate of each party shouldn't be hiding from debates. His ideas should be good enough to present.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are a world class deflector. He does need to answer some questions about his first term. We aren't all as enamored of him as you are. A lot of people don't even know who they will vote for. He needs to convince them to vote for him.
    No, he doesn't. IMO if you can't make up your mind by now, you'll find some excuse why you can't vote for him anyway. His time is better spent convincing persuadable voters who will help him now, not the people who want him to kiss their ring

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    His time is better spent convincing persuadable voters who will help him now, not the people who want him to kiss their ring
    Voters that will help him now? What voters are those?

No want wants him to kiss any ring. The only one ever wanting a ring kissed would be him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let’s make sure who’s gonna represent the GOP before we agitate too much. I don’t see much getting in his way at this point, but **** can happen. We don’t know how indictments/convictions will play out.
    Maybe you should have taken your own advice 6 months or so ago

The DeSantis cavalry isn't coming

Are you prepared for the fact that given current circumstances if not Trump it might be Haley?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Voters that will help him now? What voters are those?
    Those prepared to donate time and/or money to his re-election effort

You know that ground game you all are always on about? Do you think that is delivered by all - or even mostly - paid staffers? Or is it maybe reliant on volunteers

Top Bottom