• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like they'll vote for what they have but they'd like another choice. In saying that they'd like another choice it doesn't change anything. They can say it all they want but most will still vote for whomever the nominees are.

It's like saying I'll eat this hamburger because it's the only thing on the menu. but I would prefer steak.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But a majority of Democrats (68%), Republicans (57%) and Independents (78%) do agree on one thing in the latest Harvard-Harris poll: Rather than Trump or Biden, they’d like “another choice.”
    Okay. Maybe I can ‘splain it this way. Legislative is pretty much the most hated branch of government. Asking what you did, is like asking why can’t we have better congress critters? The problem there is the same problem with presidential candidates but it’s revealed better because there are only a few “us’s” and a lot of thems.

It’s the binary of this person or that person multiplied by all the seats. We like all the congressmen who agree with us. We hate all the congressmen who don’t. Most of them don’t. So congress gets a **** rating from the people.

Really, what you’re asking distills to the following question. Why can’t everyone like the same thing? The answer to that is we don’t have the same preferences, the same delusions, live in the same information bubbles, have the same life experiences, lifestyles, develop the same temperaments.

Instead the choices available are the number of pigeonholes our system creates, and our collective choices elected can suck to most individuals.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But a majority of Democrats (68%), Republicans (57%) and Independents (78%) do agree on one thing in the latest Harvard-Harris poll: Rather than Trump or Biden, they’d like “another choice.”
    Then why don't they vote for another choice?

Unless the voting is rigged, along with all of the polls. They could always vote LP, but they won't. They just want to complain.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don’t fear Trump becoming a dictator. I think him characterizing what he’s planning to do on the first day as being a dictator on that day is kinda dumb, but that would not be the dumbest thing a politician has ever said.

WTF? He thinks he ended RvW? As if SCOTUS had nothing to do with it? He was handed a list of litmus tested justices, who, given a chance, would overturn it. All he did was pick from the list. He could have picked any of them and the outcome of RvW would have been the same.

But. I agree with Trump on what he said about the division it causes and the political cost of pushing absolutist policies.

Okay. The Chris Christie comment was funny.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This reminds me of the business guy banging his secretary after work. He comes home, and his wife is standing there with hours of video and pictures. The husband stands there, looking at the wife and says. . . "Wasn't me".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This reminds me of the business guy banging his secretary after work. He comes home, and his wife is standing there with hours of video and pictures. The husband stands there, looking at the wife and says. . . "Wasn't me".

Yeah. Trump's administration recommended lying to people to tell them it's just for 15 days, knowing full well it would be extended indefinitely. Even trotted out catchy slogans. It created a climate where it was very risky, politically, for governors to not take the advice.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Trump needs to realize Twitter is forever, he knows **** well hes lying. And some can not understand while some hesitate to pull the lever for him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The shutdown lie was amazing.

He ends up with the ability to claim credit for it and the ability to pretend he didn't do it at the same time, since the only power that existed was a strong suggestion, and the power ultimately rest with the governors of those states. It's scummy, but it is what it is.

That's not really on the same level as Haley with trying to convince the world she was protecting young girls from abuses with transgender bills, while having actually torpedoed the bill when it crossed her desk.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    He ends up with the ability to claim credit for it and the ability to pretend he didn't do it at the same time, since the only power that existed was a strong suggestion, and the power ultimately rest with the governors of those states. It's scummy, but it is what it is.

That's not really on the same level as Haley with trying to convince the world she was protecting young girls from abuses with transgender bills, while having actually torpedoed the bill when it crossed her desk.
    Are you seriously giving him a pass on lockdowns while also saying that the severity of a trans bill has more damage than stopping people from going to church, school, work, and anywhere else? Trump's CDC. Trump's Surgeon General. Trump bragged about locking it down. But... nothing?

Also, Trump disagrees with you. "I had to shut it down, we did the right thing"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you seriously giving him a pass on lockdowns while also saying that the severity of a trans bill has more damage than stopping people from going to church, school, work, and anywhere else? Trump's CDC. Trump's Surgeon General. Trump bragged about locking it down. But... nothing?

Also, Trump disagrees with you. "I had to shut it down, we did the right thing"

I said it's scummy, but he didn't have the power to do it and shouldn't be taking credit for it in either direction.

Top Bottom