• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One serious question I would ask staunch Trump supporters is, besides disliking Massie and Chip Roy for backing DeSantis over Trump how do they feel in general about the job they’re doing in congress?

I’ll start out by saying they are both strong defenders of the 2nd amendment so that should be one on the plus side here one would think.

Massie in particular performed masterfully in the arm brace hearings exposing the Democrats for their shear lack of understanding of what they are even talking about.

For example, the stupid Democrats in the hearing were mixing up arm braces with bump stocks trying to say that arm braces turn an AR pistol into an automatic weapon. Massie took them to task. The thick headed donkeys still insisted that they were right.

That would entirely depend on what they have said regarding Ukraine and Israel, for me to form much of an opinion on them.

If they're part of the clan beating the war drums, they're just another piece of the uniparty to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Ann might be wrong on this one. But anyway, I've heard her talk about Trump and it seems like she's mighty angry. Then I heard her talk at length recently on a podcast about him. I guess what torqued her off is the failed promises, especially the wall, the big, beautiful wall, with a magnificent gate, wasn't delivered. Or she needs fodder for a new book. Either way.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Ann might be wrong on this one. But anyway, I've heard her talk about Trump and it seems like she's mighty angry. Then I heard her talk at length recently on a podcast about him. I guess what torqued her off is the failed promises, especially the wall, the big, beautiful wall, with a magnificent gate, wasn't delivered. Or she needs fodder for a new book. Either way.
    Polls are pretty consistent that a Biden v Trump matchup is not what the country wants. Yet here we are. I think she is dead on. I think a generic R stomps Biden. I think a younger D runs all over Trump.

Americans don’t want a Trump vs. Biden rematch in 2024 — so why does it feel inevitable?
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/americans-dont-want-trump-biden-rematch-2024-why-feel-

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't think that could have been negotiated. Any negotiation would have resulted in some continuation of slavery. I know BigRed (rest his screen name's soul) thought it was about state's rights, which, generically, could have been negotiated. If it was about states' rights, it was about the Southern States' rights to continue slavery.

I'll disagree here and in the past I've posted why. The civil war was the greatest failure of leadership on both sides of the slavery issue.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Polls are pretty consistent that a Biden v Trump matchup is not what the country wants. Yet here we are. I think she is dead on. I think a generic R stomps Biden. I think a younger D runs all over Trump.

Americans don’t want a Trump vs. Biden rematch in 2024 — so why does it feel inevitable?
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/americans-dont-want-trump-biden-rematch-2024-why-feel-
    I don't know why this is even a question. It's inevitable because the majority of Republican voters want Trump. Same with Democrat's mostly, but there's a lot more nuance. It's tradition that the POTUS is the only major candidate that can run, if he wants to. If he decides not to run then other Democrats in good standing can throw their hats in. It's very frowned upon to upset this tradition and there will be consequences for doing so.

Until Joe Biden drops out, he's the candidate. And I think he will drop out, but not until it's too late to select the Democrat nominee through the primary system. So like after joe has enough delegates to win, he'll have some health problem come up and have to drop out of the race. Then the DNC will say, well, we don't have time to run another primary so we're just going to select a candidate. And then they'll declare Gavin Newsome the nominee. That's my prediction.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Polls are pretty consistent that a Biden v Trump matchup is not what the country wants. Yet here we are.
    If someone said “nobody” wants that matchup I would agree.

Logically there are few that would ever want both of those, so with the country fairly evenly divided it only makes sense that near 100% would not want that to happen.

The left will want their candidate and a Cheney or Romney, while the right will want Trump and well, nobody from the left…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If someone said “nobody” wants that matchup I would agree.

Logically there are few that would ever want both of those, so with the country fairly evenly divided it only makes sense that near 100% would not want that to happen.

The left will want their candidate and a Cheney or Romney, while the right will want Trump and well, nobody from the left…

If you poll all people and ask would you rather have different candidates than the ones we have, that’s an easy dichotomy to divide on. Factions’ preferences add up. If you hate Trump and don’t like the alternative, you’re saying no. I think this reflects a lot of the 70% or so of Americans who say they don’t like the direction we’re headed.

Unless you have two candidates well liked by their own side, I think most such polls will show a dissatisfaction with both candidates. Preference is rank-ordered even if not our ballots.

There’s only one of two parties that will win, realistically. So that’s two pigeon holes for people to sort themselves into. Some sort more eagerly. Some more reluctantly. So when you sum everyone there is probably more dissatisfaction than satisfaction.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I don't know why this is even a question. It's inevitable because the majority of Republican voters want Trump. Same with Democrat's mostly, but there's a lot more nuance. It's tradition that the POTUS is the only major candidate that can run, if he wants to. If he decides not to run then other Democrats in good standing can throw their hats in. It's very frowned upon to upset this tradition and there will be consequences for doing so.

Until Joe Biden drops out, he's the candidate. And I think he will drop out, but not until it's too late to select the Democrat nominee through the primary system. So like after joe has enough delegates to win, he'll have some health problem come up and have to drop out of the race. Then the DNC will say, well, we don't have time to run another primary so we're just going to select a candidate. And then they'll declare Gavin Newsome the nominee. That's my prediction.
    Different question. I don’t think a majority want either candidate. Not is this the two you want, rather the how the hell is this the best we can do sentiment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Different question. I don’t think a majority want either candidate. Not is this the two you want, rather the how the hell is this the best we can do sentiment.

You’re asking if this is the best we can do. Look at the answer to that on both sides. Not many Democrats at all saying Joe Biden is the best Democrats can do. On the other side a majority are a lot happier with the front runner. It’s just that people hate Trump so much they’re willing to hold their noses to vote against Trump.

And not that there aren’t any nose-holders for Trump. Just not as many. The real dynamic here is that no one really wanted Biden to run.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You’re asking if this is the best we can do. Look at the answer to that on both sides. Not many Democrats at all saying Joe Biden is the best Democrats can do. On the other side a majority are a lot happier with the front runner. It’s just that people hate Trump so much they’re willing to hold their noses to vote against Trump.

And not that there aren’t any nose-holders for Trump. Just not as many. The real dynamic here is that no one really wanted Biden to run.
    Nust looked at some of the recent polling data. Three pigeon holes. I think a lot of the nose holders are choosing Kennedy at this point.

That would suck. He’s better than Biden but at the end if the day, a more traditional Democrat is still a Democrat. And he’s a bit of a nutter.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

ChpPMF8.png

You keep saying these things while failing to realize you're in a relatively small minority.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

You keep saying these things while failing to realize you're in a relatively small minority.
    But a majority of Democrats (68%), Republicans (57%) and Independents (78%) do agree on one thing in the latest Harvard-Harris poll: Rather than Trump or Biden, they’d like “another choice.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But a majority of Democrats (68%), Republicans (57%) and Independents (78%) do agree on one thing in the latest Harvard-Harris poll: Rather than Trump or Biden, they’d like “another choice.”
    I’d like another choice for gods sake. What relevance is this to anything. This ambivalent question is meaningless because it means something different to every respondent…

Top Bottom