• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Isn’t there a federal tax credit for EV’s? Isn’t that effectively tax payer money?

ETA: even if you did not get the credit, the point remains that tax dollars should not be used to prop up an industry, and they are.
    The accusation was not about the industry. It was pointed specifically at me, basically calling me a liar.

I'm still waiting to be shown all the Korean factories the US has subsidized with tax dollars.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It really is not that difficult if one follows the money. Did the KIA/Hyundai cars ever get tax credits for EV? Then their production of EV’s was subsidized. The funny part is how loud they screamed when they got left off the list. So it wasn’t eschewance of government largess, it was that they got screwed by bidet, the expectation was built into their EV production plans.

Is your play to deny they have received tax money?
    Now you are shifting to they complained when they were removed from the list. Of course they complained, it gave their competitors an advantage in making a sale. You'd complain too if your competitors got a $7500 incentive to sell their product, and you didn't.

Technically, they did not receive any tax money. The purchaser of the vehicle gets a tax credit when they submit their income taxes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's not a logical conclusion from what I actually said that I'm implying there are no unbiased sources. You infirred it.
    No, no - I'm the one saying I believe there are no non-ideologically based sources and that since you took the trouble to single out some sources as 'ideologically based', I'm wanting you to list those sources that are not. I'll wait

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, no - I'm the one saying I believe there are no non-ideologically based sources and that since you took the trouble to single out some sources as 'ideologically based', I'm wanting you to list those sources that are not. I'll wait
    I’m not playing your game. I never said there were any. The statement was specific to the post I replied to. Now if you want me to imply you’re saying everything you didn’t specifically exclude I guess we can play that game. It’s dull though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you guys take a point constrained to what I was replying to, so that you could claim that what I didn't say implies the thing you attacked. Why not try to attack the point I actually made? Wouldn't that be more intellectually honest? You think I'm wrong? Make your case. Tell me how ideologically based (again, based, not just biased) sites aren't unreliable. That would then be arguing in good faith. But you aren't arguing in good faith, or truth. Your intrest is in making what you consider your enemies, sound wrong.[more on this in asseverate aside] If you did argue in good faith, I would react to you in like kind. Either way, you get what you give.
    I thought the immediate pivot to ad hom was indicative of not having a reply and instead seeking a distraction. Your need to make comments about the commenter and not what is being said just seems a sign of weakness. You seldom speak to the points raised in an honest and forthright manner. Personally, I think you just don't do your research and dress up your opinions as careful considerations of all sides of an issue by inspection, because they're yours

The aside: I don't consider you an enemy. I consider you to be full of yourself and quite fussy about it if your self-image is questioned

Do carry on

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The EV thread is a prime example of hyper-ideologically driven opinions. EV's are bad because the government is pushing them for ideological reasons. Truth is, there are good things and bad things about EV's. They're not viable for everyone. But if you're ideologically opposed to them it's like you're on a team. You can't go against the team. There are no legitimate qualities. Attack the infidels.

I think EV's aren't capable of replacing ICE vehicles yet. Whatever market there is for it should be organically grown. Shouldn't need government subsidies to grow. Shouldn't need ideologues pushing them to be viable.

That said, I'm not gonna **** on EV's because of the politics. If it fits your use case. Buy it. If not, don't. That there are government/corporate ideologues pushing EV's, shouldn't be part of people's decision about whether or not they're a good fit for them. It's not an ideological decision unless you make it one.
    EVs are like communism, ideas so good they have to be made mandatory. What makes people suspicious about EVs is government moving at several levels to eliminate any other choice despite the fact that the grid will not be able to handle the demand

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m not playing your game. I never said there were any. The statement was specific to the post I replied to. Now if you want me to imply you’re saying everything you didn’t specifically exclude I guess we can play that game. It’s dull though.
    See! Never specifics, just ducking and weaving and insisting on comprehensive lists from anyone else

You shouldn't need to think about it, if you truly think there are unbiased sources you should be able to rattle them off ... so we can mock them

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now you are shifting to they complained when they were removed from the list.
    I am not shifting. They have received the largess in the past.

Of course they complained, it gave their competitors an advantage in making a sale. You'd complain too if your competitors got a $7500 incentive to sell their product, and you didn't.
    They complained because their budgets were likely built on the government providing incentives instead of themselves.

Technically, they did not receive any tax money. The purchaser of the vehicle gets a tax credit when they submit their income taxes.
    So it costs nothing to the people when tax incentives to buy specific products subsidized by tax credits? That money is like a fart in the wind.
    Why spend time nailing the tax credits on him? It doesn’t matter. What matters is there is a program for giving tax credits because many people would not buy the cars Without.
    Because he wants to play sanctimonious that his car did not have the tax incentive totally ignoring the fact the entire EV industry is built on government money...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep, at one time they did. It's been a little bit, and I did not get one. So I don't see how it is relevant to saying I did.
    Never said you did. The company has had and probably still has some incentive from the US government as well as SK government to build EV’s. The point being they are not a free market product. The consumer tax credit is not all that was given…

Top Bottom