• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Oh yes, they put together a formal program including a training DVD on how to watch and snitch police-state style, but I guess it didn't pay off well enough since they have determined that we are too stupid to use the telephone, but people operating automobiles can talk, text (in most states still), read, and have sex while driving. Oh, and I almost forgot shaving and applying cosmetics.
    i think they finally figured out we are not cops and will not interfere in somebody elses life for crimes like forgetting to use a turn signal or having a tailight out. we have work to get done and dont have time to harass citizens for minor infractions.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm wearing this T-shirt today

National_Hug_a_Trucker_Day-hf38wo-s.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    News flash....

I drove the 364 mile round trip to Kings Island yesterday and did not see one truck driver that was deserving of being saluted (yes I will salute my fellow truck drivers when it calls for it), but I did have the privilege of dealing with idiot car owners who think that driving 78 in a 70mph was just to darn slow for them.

To the drivers of the two cars that decided to tailgate me a a distance of 4 foot behind my SUV, I apologize for your inability to share the road like it should be.

I don't apologize for slowing down to 70 and blocking your rear behind me and making that call to the Indiana State Police and watching in joy as you was pulled over for tailgating.

Enjoy the ticket you received, it was well deserved.

Too bad I can't make this call while driving my Class A vehicle, evidently since I'm a professional and can't be trusted to talk on my phone at the same time while driving, I can't report idiots who think it's NASCAR on the interstate and decide to draft me.
    Driving in the left lane blocking someone that wants to drive faster is wrong.
    Tailgating someone in front of you going slower is wrong.

It's always easier to just wait and go around those that will not get out of the left lane.
    Sounds like a lot of fail on the road to me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    i think they finally figured out we are not cops and will not interfere in somebody elses life for crimes like forgetting to use a turn signal or having a tailight out. we have work to get done and dont have time to harass citizens for minor infractions.

If you don't like the job, get the responsibilities of the job changed. It's a government job which means you, as a taxpayer, have that ability. Stop being lazy and slinging mud at people who are doing what is expected of them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you don't like the job, get the responsibilities of the job changed. It's a government job which means you, as a taxpayer, have that ability. Stop being lazy and slinging mud at people who are doing what is expected of them.

That wasn't an individual jab at LEOs but rather at DHS for trying to recruit us into a program that was based on reporting anyone who didn't seem quite right for whatever sane or insane reason, or even if they just inspired indigestion (hopefully it really was them and not the pizza we ate for dinner, else we should be reporting the staff at Pizza Hut instead of the driver in question). It really was a stupid idea and a potential giant leap toward an expanded police state that fizzled as it should have based on its lack of merit. If I were to observe someone driving down the highway near an airport with a Stinger or an Igla, that would be different, but I, for one, am not signing on to the paranoia patrol.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What would happen if I were to change the words Truck Driver into the words Police Officer started a thread about the last few incidents of malfeasance that I have witnessed? Minor or major.

We'll spend 32 pages lamenting the fact that all truck drivers - er, police officers are not bad, but the ones that do sometimes kill people, because they have a job that can get them killed, too. So it all makes sense now.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    What would happen if I were to change the words Truck Driver into the words Police Officer started a thread about the last few incidents of malfeasance that I have witnessed? Minor or major.

We'll spend 32 pages lamenting the fact that all truck drivers - er, police officers are not bad, but the ones that do sometimes kill people, because they have a job that can get them killed, too. So it all makes sense now.

what would happen is that your thread would get lost among the gojillion other threads on INGO covering the same topic..... that's sort of the point of this thread.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm wearing this T-shirt today

National_Hug_a_Trucker_Day-hf38wo-s.jpg

I'd hug a cop too, but I'd get the one out of a hundred who thinks I was assaulting him, and because of that I'd get tazed, thrown to the ground and all jack booted thugged on.:D

Moral of the story, don't be a hater of the 99% who are good.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Driving in the left lane blocking someone that wants to drive faster is wrong.
    Tailgating someone in front of you going slower is wrong.

It's always easier to just wait and go around those that will not get out of the left lane.
    Sounds like a lot of fail on the road to me.

Excuse me for being a donkey's rear, but what you claim as fail, I see as a impatient stupid person driving his own little rocket ship down the road endangering the life's of people around them that they have no regard for.

Think of the person who decides to merge into the left lane after being behind a truck that has to run 65mph because that's the posted speed limit for them, that after looking to see if they have enough distance to change lanes, and when they do they suddenly realize that the car that was far behind them is running 20 mph faster and runs over them because he's in a hurry.

If you're that much of in a hurry, leave 10 minutes earlier so you can drive at a speed that won't endanger my life and the other people driving on the roadway instead of trying to run 85-90 mph in a posted 70.

If you was the one that was on the receiving end of the ISP stop, sorry about your lighter wallet and increased living expenses from higher insurance.

People who want to play stupid games, receive stupid prizes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I stated up thread...in a 200 mile turn around the wife and I statistically found the 5% of the "Big" rig drivers on that stretch of road at that time screwed up in our opinions. It was not any more than the total number of trucks seen in our side of the highway and what they did. We were averaging +5 MPH and it gave us something to do. The drivers of the cars we were around did far worse than the professional drivers. I would think that 5% of the Leo's I have encountered were not the best representatives of the profession but it was usually my fault for the encounter. Now....as I said, the drivers of all the cars, SUV's, mini-vans, pickup trucks etc and so on were far worse than the pro's. I would have to say a solid 25/30% were just wondering about aimlessly causing mayhem and were not in the least aware or caring about it. From that viewpoint, who among us can throw the first brick, glass houses and all. No one is perfect and I do mean no one.
    I know many Pro drivers and many fine LEO.

Edit...I might hug a LEO but driver's, well, you all know you don't smell all that good.................:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'd hug a cop too, but I'd get the one out of a hundred who thinks I was assaulting him, and because of that I'd get tazed, thrown to the ground and all jack booted thugged on.:D

Moral of the story, don't be a hater of the 99% who are good.

I dont think Phylo would do that, but he might hug your neck for 10 minutes though :dunno:

Top Bottom