• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ok since your internet expertise has drudged up old code, if memory serves me correct, there must be a sign stating for example "Right 2 lanes trucks only", and this is only seen on 3 lane wide interstates, not 2 lane which makes up majority of the interstate system in this country.

Also that sign, this is for people who feel the need to travel slower than the posted speed, if the speed limit is 55 and your traveling 55, tough :poop: 55 is the speed limit, that sign is not an exemption to travel above it. So when you're tooling down the road and wander up behind that guy you think is moving to slow, look to the right for these signs...

images

You'd be amazed at how many do drive the speed limit.

That's why I don't have red and blue lights on my vehicle and carry a CCW badge to make it look like I'm a LEO.:cool: I had my friend make the call, it was to inform LE of a possible reckless driver, after all, is it not correct you yourself can be arrested for not reporting a crime?:D

Rules of the road, what are the rules of the road?

Really, please enlighten me, because upwards to 30-35 percent of the people driving passenger vehicles have no clue what the law is, little alone what the rules of the road are.

Now as far as being concerned with passing the line of TRUCKS, not cars (helps to read the post), I had a good 550 feet to pass the last truck.

So my concerns are to not get a ticket. You see us CDL drivers get 2 tickets in one year and we loose our CDL privileges for 6 months (now I'm on un-employement and you're footong my bills with tax money), bet you folks that drive 4 wheelers don't know that (driving a rig or passenger vehicle, does not matter)

So that means I'm not speeding up.

Keep him off my rear, well I'm not swerving out of the way and creating a accident to let the idiot by, so that falls back to part one, not speeding up.

So that means I'm not moving over, nor speeding up.

So him and the guy behind him both fell into the dangerous drivers category. Therefore I deemed it was necessary to give LEO's like Phylodog a little P&T exercise.

P&T means Pursuit and Ticket if you did'nt get it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why do I get the feeling from your demeanor here, that your behavior on the road can be considered anything other than vindictive?

Vindictive enough, perhaps enough for you to "brake check" (your words), and risk the well being of not only yourself and the guy tailgating you, but of any number of people around you as well? Stupid games and prizes indeed.

I suspect that you take an inordinate pleasure in all those "speeders" that are 10 cars deep behind you in the left lane, simply because you feel that you have some obligation to contribute to the 'Nanny' road ownership mentality you apparently keep close to your heart.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's what I like about the autobahn. If you're doing 120 mph in the left lane and a guy comes up on you at 160, you better get the hell out of his way or you're in the wrong.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    That's what I like about the autobahn. If you're doing 120 mph in the left lane and a guy comes up on you at 160, you better get the hell out of his way or you're in the wrong.

Its preferable to some guy with a notion that he should take it upon himself to slow down traffic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My father-in-law was a long-haul trucker for some 40 years and loved it (aside from it keeping him away from home so much) until the last 5-10 years or so. He said he just got to the point where he couldn't stand the brash, selfish "rookie" mentality that permeates the industry these days. Before that period, he was like most truckers, in that they never met a stranger. There was a strong sense of brotherhood and responsibility on the road.

It was enough to make him glad he made it to retirement age when he did.

Excellent point!

The driving schools and companies running their own driving schools are operating for the sole purpose of putting asses in seats and that typically is exactly what they are getting. It gets harder to find old-school drivers every day much to the detriment of all. This is before we even start considering the 'imports' from countries where they drive like the highways are a giant demolition derby which are becoming more common every day.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I talk in generalities, and you take it personally. Nowhere did I accuse you of anything.

I guess you missed this part in the Indiana Driving Manual Chapter 5
    Changing Lanes and Passing
    Other Vehicles
    Only change one lane at a time. When changing lanes to prepare for a
    turn, do so at least 200 feet before the turn. Do not weave in and out of lanes, which greatly increases risk of an accident. On the highway, slower vehicles should use the lane to the right. Leave the left-hand lane for faster moving or passing vehicles.

Please enlighten me where it states that you have the privilege and right to exceed the speed limit in chapter 5, :dunno:.

Why do I get the feeling from your demeanor here, that your behavior on the road can be considered anything other than vindictive?

Vindictive enough, perhaps enough for you to "brake check" (your words), and risk the well being of not only yourself and the guy tailgating you, but of any number of people around you as well? Stupid games and prizes indeed.

Define Assume.... and think about it.

Vindictive, no, do not read more into it than it is.

Do you know there is a multitude of ways to brake check someone?

Simple tap to light up the brake light (which was what I was going to do, too if you are driving a tractor trailer by reaching over and laying on the trailer brake and smoking the rear tires.

I did not brake check him because I was returning from the state of Ohio which does not honor Indiana's LTCH, and if the idiot decided to have a first hand case of road rage, I was unarmed.

I suspect that you take an inordinate pleasure in all those "speeders" that are 10 cars deep behind you in the left lane, simply because you feel that you have some obligation to contribute to the 'Nanny' road ownership mentality you apparently keep close to your heart.

I think you need to take a reading comprehension course and re-read what I said. I do not own the road, but I do not intend to share the 5 feet behind me with an a-hole trying to push his bumper through the rear hatch of my SUV while he tries to nudge me out of the way while I'm traveling 78 mph in a 70 and passing slower traffic to the right.

Also it was him and his traveling buddy, no 10 cars, again read what I said, don't read what you want to put into it.

If you care to really feel what was going on, let me know where and when and I'll be fully prepared to give you a similar experience that I will guarantee you will not like it anymore than me.:cool:

I don't care if your the safest driver on the road, there are no grab bars on my
    donkey-icon.png
    , do not try and ride there. 10 feet for every 10 mph, get the idea.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

But the autobahn has a "recommended" speed limit, there is not set speed limit there, we are talking about a stretch of roadway that has a speed limit.

Its preferable to some guy with a notion that he should take it upon himself to slow down traffic.

How the heck to you get slowing down traffic from a person traveling 78 in a 70 and passing vehicles on the right and a person running up and trying to push you faster?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    How the heck to you get slowing down traffic from a person traveling 78 in a 70 and passing vehicles on the right and a person running up and trying to push you faster?

As you claim to be such an experienced driver, I'm positive that you could find a way to get out of the left lane and allow those tailgating you to pass. Your implied tone from your previous posts, tend to give the implication that you won't do anything that you just don't want to do......even at the price of your ego.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Much like gun owners should be stewards for the gun industry, truckers should be stewards of the roadways. There will always be uneducated jerks on the roads, but those who are additionally trained and reliant upon those roadways for their livelihood should not be among them, but instead lead by example.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    As you claim to be such an experienced driver, I'm positive that you could find a way to get out of the left lane and allow those tailgating you to pass. Your implied tone from your previous posts, tend to give the implication that you won't do anything that you just don't want to do......even at the price of your ego.

Again, reading comprehension, it's an amazing thing.

here is where the problem lies, I was in the left lane running 78 passing 5 trucks (in my SUV in case you missed that), I'm just in the middle of the 2nd of 5 I'm passing when he (driving a Dodge Nitro) and his running partner behind him (looked like a Cadillac) runs up and tries to encourage me to speed up and move faster or move over abruptly by doing an communistic maneuver in between two guys and create spacing problems.
    Yes I'm a profession driver, I also know that if I have to abruptly move over to get out of an idiots way that I force guys driving 70,000 pound trucks that do not speed up to fast to hit the breaks and maintain a safe distance according to law and physics.

So if he can't handle driving 78 in a 70 for a minute (which seems exactly like a problem you must have with other drivers) then tuff :poop:.

Breaking two laws by tailgating and speeding does not make it right.

I can see by your approach to this that other drivers must bow down to your whims and must make sure that they have an advance and improved ESP skill set so they may know in advance that your right away down the lane must be vacated.

BTW, I have no ego, but If you choose to be an idiot and do the above, be prepared to suffer the consequences. I feel no pain for you or anyone else who tailgates, take the six points and enjoy them along with your higher insurance rates. It's not a me hold them back thing, just wait long enough for me to clear safely so you can speed on down the road recklessly and hopefully you won't kill yourself or some innocent person.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Again, reading comprehension, it's an amazing thing.

Yes, it is. However, you convey more of a sense of arrogance than that of desiring a safe and efficient roadway. That must be too bad for you.

BTW, just because you drive a truck for an income, doesn't by definition make you a professional truck driver.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Yes, it is. However, you convey more of a sense of arrogance than that of desiring a safe and efficient roadway. That must be too bad for you.

BTW, just because you drive a truck for an income, doesn't by definition make you a professional truck driver.
    sez who?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I had a trucker pull some $h!7 on me the other day on 465.

I was getting pinched in traffic, I was in the left-most land and there was a left-lane exit coming up. I had to make a quick-ish lane change. The truck I pulled in front of did by no means have to slam on his brakes, as him and I were both going around the same speed, but I did pull in front of him a little close, my bad. It was that or slow down till he passed, then get over behind him... but I would have had to slow down too much.

So now I was then in the center lane, and the guy I was trying to pass (another big rig) was in the left lane. So the guy behind me proceeds to pull up beside me on the right, and repeatedly speeds up and slows down using his loud engine brake, while driving over the line into my center lane. I had a big semi on the other side, and a minivan in front of me. So, I was literally being boxed in. He kept doing this, getting closer and closer to my car until I could have touched his truck with my left hand. I was veering away from him to the right as far as I could. He continued to do this until the minivan in front of me finally pulled up enough to left me out on the left in front of the other rig.

Had this been an encounter on the street, it would have been the equivalent of a big thug backing me up against a wall because I looked at him wrong.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I had a trucker pull some $h!7 on me the other day on 465.

I was getting pinched in traffic, I was in the left-most land and there was a left-lane exit coming up. I had to make a quick-ish lane change. The truck I pulled in front of did by no means have to slam on his brakes, as him and I were both going around the same speed, but I did pull in front of him a little close, my bad. It was that or slow down till he passed, then get over behind him... but I would have had to slow down too much.

So now I was then in the center lane, and the guy I was trying to pass (another big rig) was in the left lane. So the guy behind me proceeds to pull up beside me on the right, and repeatedly speeds up and slows down using his loud engine brake, while driving over the line into my center lane. I had a big semi on the other side, and a minivan in front of me. So, I was literally being boxed in. He kept doing this, getting closer and closer to my car until I could have touched his truck with my left hand. I was veering away from him to the right as far as I could. He continued to do this until the minivan in front of me finally pulled up enough to left me out on the left in front of the other rig.

Had this been an encounter on the street, it would have been the equivalent of a big thug backing me up against a wall because I looked at him wrong.
    why didnt you just stay in the left lane until it was safe to change lanes?

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I guess that also must mean just because you sit behind the wheel of a passenger vehicle, it does not mean you can actually drive it.

I've driven my million miles without an accident of my fault, I guess I might be actually doing something right then.

So we'll agree to disagree.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I guess that also must mean just because you sit behind the wheel of a passenger vehicle, it does not mean you can actually drive it.

I've driven my million miles without an accident of my fault, I guess I might be actually doing something right then.

So we'll agree to disagree.

There you go, presuming that you know me, what I have driven, how many miles in such a capacity, how many PI and PD incidents, and so on and so forth.

I can only imagine those accidents that weren't your fault, but only on paper. So just keep on truckin' with wanting to play those little passive aggressive games you keep playing on the road. Hopefully none of your loved ones won't be on the road when its does.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There you go, presuming that you know me, what I have driven, how many miles in such a capacity, how many PI and PD incidents, and so on and so forth.

I can only imagine those accidents that weren't your fault, but only on paper. So just keep on truckin' with wanting to play those little passive aggressive games you keep playing on the road. Hopefully none of your loved ones won't be on the road when its does.

Let me re-quote that because evidently you don't see it...

For your info, 3 accidents two people running red lights in downtown Indy and the girl who decided to run up the rear of a east bound mini van @ 90 mph because she was late to work for the 5th time in 6 days.

Because I was paying attention when they can across the medium in front of me we are all alive today, instead of a head on, it was a glancing blow.

Now as far as you thinking I know you, no I don't, what I gather is that you are of the mindset that you own the road, if you or any one else is traveling faster we must immediately move to the side and let you pass regardless if we can or can not.

What you are failing to see is that if our moron of a driver could share the road responsibly there would have been no problem. He would have been inconvenienced for a mere bit while having to travel 78 instead of the 85-90 he wanted to. Instead he decided that he was one of the privileged ones and was entitled to try and push me faster and try to enhance his skills as a NASCAR driver from the many times he has watched Days of Thunder or maybe thought he was the second coming of Ricky Bobby.

For that he got what he deserved, patience and a little respect on the road and he would not have been inconvenienced and ended up with what happened.

This is it, there will be no further replies, spout all you want.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011

So you're hoping each & every member of his family IS on the road when he is passive aggressive, thus you're saying you hope they are injured or killed....OR you don't have a grasp of the English language? Or maybe just a typo.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom