• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You and this thread have failed miserably. This has been tried before right here on INGO https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/133415-semi_driver_mangles_school_buses.html :noway::noway:

serpicostraight is an ass and should be banned, he brings nothing of value to this site. NOTHING. That's what you should have made this thread about, not his chosen profession.

I know his kind, he is the guy in the back of the truck stop looking for lot lizards EVERY NIGHT. He's the guy who tries to back into the easiest spot 20 times before giving up and parking next the scales. Then he goes into the truck stop and brags about how good of a driver he is. He probably works for Swift or Schneider because nobody else will hire him. I'm even willing to bet his wife left him for another woman. Probably a woman cop. That would explain a lot now wouldn't it?

Now Phylodog, I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my posts or not. I have spent time defending cops when they were right and bashing the ones who were wrong. Here is the last cop thread I have posted in https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/200464-another_punk_with_a_badge.html I see you even posted in there. As far as I know only 1 truck driver was bashing cops there and 1 truck driver was defending cops. When will you look into the professions of everyone else and bash them?:popcorn:

Now Phylodog is on the same worthless list as serpicostraight.

Interestingly enough I logged in a week ago to look into become an advertiser on this site and came across this thread first. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't want to spend my money not only supporting this site but advertising on it also. Sucks for INGO that those 2 morons are making this site lose money now.

Now for everyone wanting to see a shooter. Here's your chance, ban me PLEASE so I wont even be tempted to come back. I can start spewing off 4 letter words if you need me to. One way or another you will have to ban me and while your at it ban my IP I will get my gun news from somewhere else.

Well, that was un-pleasant. I read up thread that you had already said goodbye to ingo. I would look up the post number but who cares. I think you really did miss the point.
    Not to worry, you got your wish....see ya

Drove to the state line this afternoon on I-70 and my wife and I counted trucks. Good, bad and indifferent. We averaged out the trip both ways and got a number for the idiot driver ranks. 5% give or take a miss-que here and there. 5% of all the trucks we passed, ran with and were passed by screwed up and that was our combined opinions. The cars were a hell of a lot worse.
    Just saying.

Edit...of course I was flawless..........................:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I just read about this thread on the Ban Hammer thread, and went through the last few pages on here.

images

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    $2000.00 in computer and gear, monthly AT&T cable (internet) and the beer.....It aint free my friend, it ain't free............................;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I missed out on this thread as it was going down. But I read most of it in one or two sittings ...it had everything: accusations, angst, bacon, humor, name calling, and the ban-hammer...for a while there, it felt like I was reading a transcript of a Springer show.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    So.........I'm not in stellar shape by any stretch of the imagination, but I could pass a DOT exam. With this being said, when I go into a truck stop for a slurpee and a hot dog, or two, how do ANY of these guys pass their DOT physicals???????????

I have noticed, when a truck driver is doing something obnoxious, and you do give him the high sign, they are rather annoyed. :D

I really hate it when the fast lane of traffic is moving good, and several trucks are in the right lane, ONE will pull out and just STAY there in the fast lane just creeping up past his brother trucker. Finally when he is past, a stream of cars a mile long go flying past. HIGH SIGN to him.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    the primary reason that this happened is that the railroads came down with a huge case of hubris and gave terrible service (think perishable cargoes being lost for weeks) for decades thinking they were indispensable. After trucks took over their territory, it was hard to take back because the truck delivers to your door, not to the rail yard, and then you have to arrange transportation the rest of the way. Even now, while the railroad is technically more efficient, the rates are just competitive (sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, even with the greater technical efficiency) with trucking, even considering that the RRs have been more heavily subsidized than they had been in years past since Clinton made a big albeit not highly publicized effort to 'pick the winner' with the RR over the truck. No help from the Teamsters or the trucking industry was needed--the railroads are their own worst enemy. Tearing up the roads is pretty much an even swap. On the one hand, the trucks do most of the damage, but at the same time, they do most of the paying for the roads. The roads would last longer without the trucks, but then the construction and maintenance costs would come from direct taxation. Also, we can talk about unsafe truck drivers (with merit to the argument) but you must also address unsafe automobile drivers, including those who deliberately try to cause accidents. Hell, a few years back, there was a law firm that ran a commercial basically giving instruction on how to manufacture a collision viable for a lawsuit.
    No doubt that not having to pick up a load at the train yards is a plus, but I would like to see railroads take on more hauling, to relieve congestion on the highways, if nothing else. I have to agree that there are more than a fair share of bad passenger car drivers out there. The bad ones think that they can text, smoke a cigarette and drive a car all at the same time. The really bad ones think that they can do the above while under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs. I'm sure that you see a lot of bad driving with as much time as you spend on the road. I see plenty of dumb johns and jills with my limited travel on local surface streets.

I think that the only way to fight distracted driving with cell phones is for someone to come up with a good tool for enforcing a law and giving the offense a hefty fine, maybe a grand a pop.

I have to admit that I've had some fun at the expense of truckers here. I did have a purpose though and that is to point out that every profession is open to valid criticism. There is a percentage of idiots, jackwagons and jerks amongst us. If we step back and take our own prejudices out of the equation, we can see that the majority of folks in every profession or job are simply trying to do the best with what they have. Some folks will never see that and it is really their loss. Keep on safely truckin', drivers!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I missed out on this thread as it was going down. But I read most of it in one or two sittings ...it had everything: accusations, angst, bacon, humor, name calling, and the ban-hammer...for a while there, it felt like I was reading a transcript of a Springer show.
    this was the first time ive seen someone request the ban hammer. sounded strange to me but i guess he got what he wanted.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -snip-

I have noticed, when a truck driver is doing something obnoxious, and you do give him the high sign, they are rather annoyed. :D

-snip-

I find that most all drivers of any vehicle get "rather annoyed" when they are INTENTIONALLY being *******s and they're called on it.

NORMAL CONSIDERATE people will be apologetic when called on bad driving, because they didn't doing it intentionally.

For example, just after I was getting onto I-69 at 116th street a few weeks ago, I moved over to the left lane and DIDN'T SEE another driver overtaking me.

I "nailed it" to get out his way best I could, but he still gave me the "high sign" and I DESERVED it.

I didn't get "rather annoyed".
    Instead I was apologetic because I WAS AT FAULT.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom