• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't say anything about your writing skills or your education. I didn't say that you, personally, were simple. I don't think it's 'arrogant' to point out faulty logic when it occurs.

Both points made and taken. It is in your delivery.
    No harm no foul....consider me enlightened.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Trust in the fact I am not simple. Also that I wanted him to put out something to explain his broad brush stroke paint job on those of us who do not have the oh so wonderful writing skills that he and others have. I respect the skills, enjoy the banter, made a point. Carry on....................;)

Edit...I agree with UncleMike, a lot of those who bash LEO are using these threads in a miss-guided attempt to push off some anger at their own shortcomings and mistakes they have made.

2nd Edit....I have asked of folks if they own firearms after some of these encounters and get no response. This is a gun owners forum. I own guns. I shoot them, a lot....do you.
    In response to Phylodog and VUPdblue. Both of you mentioned this fact. I often wonder. Not of you fellas but many others in these threads.

Yup!!!
    :yesway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I didn't say anything about your writing skills or your education. I didn't say that you, personally, were simple. I don't think it's 'arrogant' to point out faulty logic when it occurs.

The point is you're trying to force this thread to have logic. I think the larger point being made was the LACK of logic in any of the other threads that have been mentioned. THAT is where the correlation you are looking for lies.

gdog243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    When your Government did not help the railroads that had money problems. In return it put all the idiot Truck Drivers on the road to haul the products!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Why did the government need to help the railroads? Aren't banks designed for that?
    I see both sides. Yes, private industry should be able to support itself. OTOH, the railroads not only have to maintain their "fleet", they also have to maintain their "roads". Trucks use roads paid for by taxpayers.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I see both sides. Yes, private industry should be able to support itself. OTOH, the railroads not only have to maintain their "fleet", they also have to maintain their "roads". Trucks use roads paid for by taxpayers.

??????????

Trucking companies pay excise and usage taxes too. Just because they fuel as exempt vehicles, doesnt mean taxes arent levied. Every month, trip reports are reviewed and each State that a truck travels though is paid a road tax according to the miles driven within its borders.

For those who remember and those who werent around, the complaints were just the opposite a couple decades ago. Truckers drove too fast, Truckers took too many chances, Truckers NEED TO BE REGULATED!!!!
    Guess what? ..... DOT stepped in and gave to people what they wanted.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    ??????????

Trucking companies pay excise and usage taxes too. Just because they fuel as exempt vehicles, doesnt mean taxes arent levied. Every month, trip reports are reviewed and each State that a truck travels though is paid a road tax according to the miles driven within its borders.

For those who remember and those who werent around, the complaints were just the opposite a couple decades ago. Truckers drove too fast, Truckers took too many chances, Truckers NEED TO BE REGULATED!!!!
    Guess what? ..... DOT stepped in and gave to people what they wanted.
    Where did I say that trucking companies weren't taxpayers?:scratch:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i just realized whats going on here. phylodog got rejected by jb hunt and had to settle for impd that would explain the animosity. jb rejects alot of people dont feel bad. keep your chin up sport theres always swift. i have faith in you i know you can do it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    i just realized whats going on here. phylodog got rejected by jb hunt and had to settle for impd that would explain the animosity. jb rejects alot of people dont feel bad. keep your chin up sport theres always swift. i have faith in you i know you can do it.

You should be ashamed of yourself. That was weak, even for you.

2421_retarded_pig.jpg

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    is that the impd mascot or next chief?

You know how after you listen to someone on the radio for awhile you start to imagine what they would look like based on the sound of their voice and the things they say? Well. When I read your posts, for some strange reason, that picture is pretty close to what I imagine except it isn't driving a truck in the picture.

Strange.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    You know how after you listen to someone on the radio for awhile you start to imagine what they would look like based on the sound of their voice and the things they say? Well. When I read your posts, for some strange reason, that picture is pretty close to what I imagine except it isn't driving a truck in the picture.

Strange.
    im a lean mean truck driving machine. and dont need to yell stop or ill shoot because i damn sure cant chase you. i always thought there was fitness standards for cops but its amazing at how how many i see that look like they swallowed a beach ball. in all fairness there are drivers that look like that too but they didnt graduate police academy with mahoney and hightower and are not expected to be a k-9 on 2 legs.

Top Bottom