• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    U.S. Senators JD Vance (R-OH) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a letter to DOT Secretary Pete Buttigieg questioning the Department’s efforts to balance safety and hyper-efficiency. The letter reads, in part:

“In particular, we request information from the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding its oversight of the United States’ freight train system and, more generally, how it balances building a safe, resilient rail industry across our country in relation to building a hyper-efficient one with minimal direct human input.”

t is not unreasonable to ask whether a crew of two rail workers, plus one trainee, is able to effectively monitor 150 cars. While officials at the department’s Federal Railroad Administration have said that data are inconclusive when it comes to the effects of PSR on rail safety, derailments have reportedly increased in recent years, as has the rate of total accidents or safety-related incidents per track mile. The trade-off for Class I rail companies, of course, has been reduced labor costs, having shed nearly one-third of their workforce.”

I have talked about PSR,and the negative impact to railroads for about a year now here on INGO. I am not alone apparently in seeing this.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhh?

BfPWN6a.jpg

This is bad....

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Mikey says he'll drink that water If he was there. Yet the Governor of Ohio hasn't even been there personally that I know of yet.
    If I was a resident, and he came I'd demand he drink a big tall glass of city water.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    U.S. Senators JD Vance (R-OH) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a letter to DOT Secretary Pete Buttigieg questioning the Department’s efforts to balance safety and hyper-efficiency. The letter reads, in part:

“In particular, we request information from the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding its oversight of the United States’ freight train system and, more generally, how it balances building a safe, resilient rail industry across our country in relation to building a hyper-efficient one with minimal direct human input.”

t is not unreasonable to ask whether a crew of two rail workers, plus one trainee, is able to effectively monitor 150 cars. While officials at the department’s Federal Railroad Administration have said that data are inconclusive when it comes to the effects of PSR on rail safety, derailments have reportedly increased in recent years, as has the rate of total accidents or safety-related incidents per track mile. The trade-off for Class I rail companies, of course, has been reduced labor costs, having shed nearly one-third of their workforce.”

I have talked about PSR,and the negative impact to railroads for about a year now here on INGO. I am not alone apparently in seeing this.
    What is PSR?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Mikey says he'll drink that water If he was there. Yet the Governor of Ohio hasn't even been there personally that I know of yet.
    If I was a resident, and he came I'd demand he drink a big tall glass of city water.

Come eat some toxic dead fish and wash it down with a tall glass.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Wait...are you suggesting a state official would mislead and lie?

Why folks trust any of these ******** is well beyond me.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    They really should just put those folks up in a hotel until this get sorted out better, and help them keep track of thier expenses involved. The government does that much for people who are not even Americans every day.
    That’s the whole point of FEMA, and just like Hurricane Katrina, this is a disaster wherein the available resources have not been put to good use in a timely manner. I don’t know where the breakdown is, but the people are being failed.

This is an important reminder that even though the government says “pack a 72 hour bag to hold you over until we get there to fix everything,” one should not be reliant on the government for their safety and security. If you live in a flyover /working class area, you are expendable.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tony Katz pointed out something a bit ago that I hadnt put my finger on yet.

Mayor Pete and the rest of this administration is a failure. Instead of showing up quickly with FEMA and others asking "what do you need? How can we help?" they stand around pointing fingers at Trump.

As of an hour ago, reports are FEMA is actively refusing to help. They hate you, flyover Americans. You're disposable.

Top Bottom