• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm not trying to regulate anyone with my definition... that is the difference. You don't want to see gays get married or call themselves married? I could care less.... Make the argument that the state should uphold your views and we have a problem.

The state shouldn't recognize anyones views on marriage. Its none of their ****ing business.... and they sures as hell shouldn't be giving anyone any benefits from the title either.

If they want to be married go for it, I personally dont consider it marriage since its not between a man and a woman.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Who is telling you that?

(assuming you are married)... I don't have to call you married or even recognize that you are married if I don't want.

Once again...if this is treated as racial discrimination ..then in short order, all who do not consider the couple to be "married" will certainly face censure.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Once again...if this is treated as racial discrimination ..then in short order, all who do not consider the couple to be "married" will certainly face censure.

People are born black.... I was born white, but can call myself purple all I want to. You still will consider me whatever you want.

The only way to make it discrimination is by ridiculously trying to regulate something that shouldn't be regulated. If you tried to regulate my free speech and say that i and all other white males couldn't call ourselves purple, but allow other non-purple demographics to get away with it... then discrimination applies.

Again... the entire issue is created by recognizing marriage as anything more than a self anointed, fictitious title. Recognize it as such and all of a sudden all of these issues magically disappear just as quickly as they were magically created.

My wife and I (if I were "married") would vow to one another to be faithful to one another for eternity, good times and bad and all of that jazz. Thats between us and we can describe those vows as "us being married".

That is no different than me and my dog vowing to each other an never ending pact to be best friends. I won't hit him and he won't bite me. No one needs to recognize that pact between he and I, nor does anyone need to formally define it or try to regulate it. "Best friends" is nothing more than a title to describe what me and my dog have agreed to be.

Ask yourself why the government isn't regulating the idea of "best friends"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True..and I am partly to blame. Well, it is a divisive issue, and we should not avoid painful discussion.

Agree that things need to be discussed. It just started out with humor when I last looked in here. Now it is about the sanctity of marriage.......:dunno:

Been married 3 times. I have my own opinions on the subject.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hard to argue with most of that...The only thing that I think may be missing is; "I vote Democrat because most of the cool rock stars, movie stars, athletes vote that way. Since I do not work, all I do is sit on my broad posterior and idolize..."

I take it you avoid the threads in the break room where people are talking about their man crushes on pro athletes, actors, and musicians. I'd be willing to bet most aren't dem voters since a good portion of this website will vote for any turd with an (R) next to their name.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Ask youself the same question. If you where refused employment based of your lifestyle would you sew ?

I am sure there are conservative, Christian white people who are discriminated against, but since those are not "protected" classes there is no recourse.

The idea was supposed to be equal rights for all not special rights for some.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

That is really my big issue with the whole gay marriage thing. It seems to me its not just about being happy, but forcing others ( mostly the religious) to recognize their union. I never will until I hear it is ok from the big guy himself.

Gays would also help themselves by not trying to make examples out of bakeries that don't want to bake them a cake. There are plenty of places to go for a cake. it is done to prove a point. I can see if a bakery would not serve gays or serve them anything, but to specially baking a cake for what they believe is against their religion should not be forced upon them.

People like the ones suing the bakers really are not helping the gay community as they just make some people who might be luke warm to the idea more against it because they see it as intruding on religious freedom.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That is really my big issue with the whole gay marriage thing. It seems to me its not just about being happy, but forcing others ( mostly the religious) to recognize their union.

That is just it, they do not care if we as individuals accept them, they want the same protection provided by the State that married couples get. In some states couples do not even have to get married, they still have common law marriage.

We have a gay member here who has been in the same relationship for 23 years, why does her and her partner not deserve the same legal protection as anyone else?

Top Bottom