• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    After wrecking , the first thing that went through the kid's mind was " Imma git that danged tony stewart , hey ya'll wat'iz" . The last thing was his ass .
    Look, I'm really sorry but nothing about Kevin Ward fits in to your stereotype of the Appalachian hillbilly. Church it up however you want, but he was still a rich Yankee, not a hillbilly.

Do you really think wealthy New Yorkers talk like they are from the Appalachians?

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    Getting out on an active track to give someone "a piece o'yer mind " is hilbillie all day long , so is nascar and dirt track racing .
    I got out of my car numerous times on an active track but just did not run towards the running cars and also competed in well north of 1000 a-main feature events in sprints on dirt so I would have to say by your definition I am the biggest hillbilly here except I still have all my own teeth ....B-lou

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    From a racer:

For all of you new dirt track racing experts, this is the view from inside a sprint car cockpit in broad daylight!

10390382_927085433973229_8522207100459412449_n.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not at all . I just find it hilarious that an actual rule has to be made instead of common sense or self preservation . Apparently his parents didn't teach him to not play in traffic , then again , this is the same crowd that gave us "Hey ya'll wat'iz" .

If you stop being a butt head and think about what you are saying and who you are impugning.
    Every rule we are forced to live with is due to the actions of an idiot. Not all of them are hillbillys. Rules are made as a result of some one doing something wrong and forcing others to fall in line.
    You live in the heart of motor racing and these people are hillbillys.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    After wrecking , the first thing that went through the kid's mind was " Imma git that danged tony stewart , hey ya'll wat'iz" . The last thing was his ass .

From whut I seen on vid.....more like....

"YOU !........Yeah YOU, mutha*&^%$ !!.....C'MEERE you sunvab*&&^^!!......C'MON, a***ole!.......C'MEERE ,you f*&%^'n sh**stain !...... "

:dunno:

know whut 'at got the kid ?..........at's rite........DIRTnap........

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Red Farmer says Tony Stewart 'hurting bad' over fatal incident | AL.com

"What upsets me is there are so many so-called racing experts in the grandstand and the media and everywhere else that really don't know how those cars operate and what they do and how they work and are drawing conclusions," Farmer said. "I heard the other day on the news that (Stewart) had a glass eye in his right eye, and that's the reason he ran into him. Stupid stuff that's come out. People trying to get a headline and be the first one out there. The other day they had a whole article about that Rusty Wallace and Michael Waltrip had been talking to Tony and he's going to retire, he's going to sell his part in Stewart-Haas Racing. And you look down there and it says he's so nervous he don't even like to drive his Ford Taurus to the grocery store. He would never even get in a Ford, much less drive back and forth to the grocery store. He's a Chevrolet man."

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    He is skipping Bristol now too. . . . I am now starting to believe we have seen the last of him for the rest of the season. I hope he does not run into sponsor issues as he only ran half a season last year as well. They are putting out a great deal of money for him to be in that car and Jeff Burton in not the caliber of driver Stewart is.

Stewart to skip Bristol: Tony Stewart has decided not to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. Veteran driver Jeff Burton, a winner of 21 Sprint Cup races, will pilot the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing in place of Stewart for the second straight week. Burton subbed for Stewart last weekend at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. Burton has 40 Sprint Cup starts at Bristol, which includes a victory in the 2008 Food City 500. This driver change pertains only to Bristol. Stewart's plans for upcoming Sprint Cup races have yet to be determined.(SHR)(8-20-2014)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He is skipping Bristol now too. . . . I am now starting to believe we have seen the last of him for the rest of the season. I hope he does not run into sponsor issues as he only ran half a season last year as well. They are putting out a great deal of money for him to be in that car and Jeff Burton in not the caliber of driver Stewart is.

Stewart to skip Bristol: Tony Stewart has decided not to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. Veteran driver Jeff Burton, a winner of 21 Sprint Cup races, will pilot the #14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing in place of Stewart for the second straight week. Burton subbed for Stewart last weekend at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn. Burton has 40 Sprint Cup starts at Bristol, which includes a victory in the 2008 Food City 500. This driver change pertains only to Bristol. Stewart's plans for upcoming Sprint Cup races have yet to be determined.(SHR)(8-20-2014)

I don't claim to have ANY knowledge of racing sponsorships, however I have a fair understanding of public relations.
    1 - The sponsors would be fools to bail on Smoke while he is "grieving."
    2 - If handled correctly, Smoke will come out of this more popular than JR.
    3 - Presently and in the foreseeable future, the sponsors are getting 2/3 times as much exposure as before.

Top Bottom