• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Smoke has nothing to gain by making a statement.
    Hopefully, he has an excellent PR team advising him. I stand by my earlier suggestion of sitting out this season, no reason to announce that decision though. That would be a big announcement in itself, maybe too big for now, low profile is good. Play it by ear, week by week.

Good to see Burton behind the wheel again! Go Go Go #14 !!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Smoke has nothing to gain by making a statement.
    Hopefully, he has an excellent PR team advising him. I stand by my earlier suggestion of sitting out this season, no reason to announce that decision though. Play it by ear, week by week.

Good to see Burton behind the wheel again! Go Go Go #14 !!!

If he can and keep the sponsors happy it might be a good idea.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    And say what?

Agreed.
    I think the statement that can be made is 'oops, we should enforce the rules for safety' and that I am convinced will be front and center soon enough. And not by Tony.
    Stay in the car is right up there as one of the four rules imo.

It sucks, but it might actually have saved a life in this case. And I am surprised it hasn't cost others in the past, Tony Included, to be honest.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What he saw, what he did to react
    Why does he need to to this?
    There is video and a police statement made, (from which no charges have been filed.) Any comment Stewart makes is subject being twisted around every way possible by a bloodthirsty news media whose only mission is to make themselves look as if they were first uncover something.

Tony's smartest bet is to STFU for the foreseeable future. There is absolutely nothing to gain by speaking of this and a whole lot to lose.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He doesn't have to do anything. A question was posed and I answered it. I honestly couldn't care less about the man. I don't follow racing in the least.

he a professional driver. He struck and killed someone in an official race. I would think if he wants to get back into professional racing he needs to talk about it to the fans, sponsors, etc about it. But as I said, I couldn't care less what he does.

if someone taunts tiger all round and when the guy gets close he nails him with a follow-trough and kills him, I would expect some sort of discussion about what happened.

if you like interviews after wins, step up and give one after tragedies too.

Last edited:

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    Why does he need to to this?
    There is video and a police statement made, (from which no charges have been filed.) Any comment Stewart makes is subject being twisted around every way possible by a bloodthirsty news media whose only mission is to make themselves look as if they were first uncover something.

Tony's smartest bet is to STFU for the foreseeable future. There is absolutely nothing to gain by speaking of this and a whole lot to lose.
    +1^

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Should be a common sense rule, but hot heads after an accident happen. I have personally sat in a sprint car without a helmet and buckled in, field of view is very low without a helmet. I can't imagine with a helmet and a wing with someone being in a black driving suit being seen in time. Many racing series in the sprint car field are making rules like that also.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a chase/championship-contention driver, a two race suspension would be devastating, and so would be a reasonably effective threat to keep their butts planted in the seat on a still active raceway.

For a part timer or perennial also-ran, not so much. There, it might be more effective to hit them in the pocketbook.

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    I ran a bunch of winged sprint races and when I felt I was wronged (crashed)on the track I always got out of my car after they were slowed down and packed up behind the leader and maybe fliped the guy the bird or threw a dirt clod at him but never ever ran down the track to confront while the cars were moving then we "talked" in the pits afterwards sometimes more than talked then when everything cooled down seems like we always had a few beers together.....but I never forgot what happened and who did it and if given the chance...well....B-lou

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom