• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't claim to have ANY knowledge of racing sponsorships, however I have a fair understanding of public relations.
    1 - The sponsors would be fools to bail on Smoke while he is "grieving."
    2 - If handled correctly, Smoke will come out of this more popular than JR.
    3 - Presently and in the foreseeable future, the sponsors are getting 2/3 times as much exposure as before.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't claim to have ANY knowledge of racing sponsorships, however I have a fair understanding of public relations.
    3 - Presently and in the foreseeable future, the sponsors are getting 2/3 times as much exposure as before.
    I'm pretty sure Tony is and has been more popular than Junior.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm pretty sure Tony is and has been more popular than Junior.

Jr. is NASCAR born and bred. He has not rose to the occasion. Very little return.

Tony is a racer tried and true. Anything with wheels on it and he will race it with some success.
    I was lucky enough to have been involved with the Menards Indy team when TS was flying low in one of those yellow cars.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, I started following Tony when I was doing a job in one of the suites at the track and he was out there doing some testing in Indy cars. He was pretty young, I just remember watching him run perfect lines and wondering who he was. It was obvious that he was going to be (already was) a great driver.
    I think it comes natural for some, and he is one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I started following Tony when I was doing a job in one of the suites at the track and he was out there doing some testing in Indy cars. He was pretty young, I just remember watching him run perfect lines and wondering who he was. It was obvious that he was going to be (already was) a great driver.
    I think it comes natural for some, and he is one.

If it was a yellow Menard car I may well have been there.
    He is a natural.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if this coming back was planned for this holiday weekend? Same as the politicos know when announcements and actions are more likely to get back-burnered by the B Team news anchors and crews?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The prosecutor in NY is sending the case to a grand jury for a determination of criminal charges against Tony Stewart.

In unrelated NASCAR news, Marcose Ambrose is leaving NASCAR, and the continent. Will race a V8 Supercar for the Penske organization in his native Australia.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

not to go off on a tangent, but exposure and sponsorship is pretty varied.
    Some sponsors like Target look to the exposure, but also to the driver appearances and corporate getaways/functions.
    It is also an an example why Michael Waltrip is highly paid via sponsorship despite a poor performance in terms of winning races.

Recruitment is very high for military sponsors involved in nhra and nascar events, but those dollars are going away because the rest of America views 'making pretty racecars' as a waste of money. Like anything else, politicians meddle.

Likewise, one measurement teams will use to report to sponsors is 'tv time'. These minutes translate into raw dollars. However, it's apples to oranges when one considers the time in advertising a particular message (such as a commercial which was created to produce a certain response or image), vs time where your brand was seen in an unctrollable environment (such as a 3 second spot of a car with your brand on it, being passed on the final lap of a race)

It changes from year to year. Back in the 90's the demographic for nascar was married women aged 30. Hence why you saw sponsors like tide, kellogs and maxwell house. Those sponsors would react differently from today's sponsors..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom