• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If it's not in the contract signed by me, then it holds no weight in my eyes. I emailed Fox 59, Channel 8 news, and my local paper. Take away one flag, and eventually they'll be gone.

If its not in the contract i wouldnt worry, and if you dont sign anything new, then you really have no worries. Id wait until they start trying other tactics before contacting the news. Either way, good luck.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Maybe try a large poster print of this:

flag.jpg

Then see how opposed he is to flag waving after a few days

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Worse they can do is tell you to move. Do you really want to give money to them? If it comes to that give me a call. I would be happy to help you box up your dishes.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Have you spoken to your property manager in person about this and voiced your concerns? I admire you for staying true to your convictions. My convictions to a potted plant are not so strong, so I was fine with what I signed. But some things to consider would be are you in good standing with the property management? And worst case scenario and/or when the lease is up are you prepared to move?

I really think it's only a matter of hanging a flag (of any kind) from a flag stand or some other loose hanging way. I'm sure if you had one against your siding, your door, or hanging from the window it wouldn't be a problem at all. It may not be exactly what you wanted but the reality of the situation is you're renting someone elses property.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Replace all curtains and/or blinds with flags hanging over your windows. I have a flag hanging over the window on my office door glass instead of a curtain, I might even have an extra one I can send you free of charge.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Any one else in for an INGO mailing campaign? Flood there mailboxes.

I would love to make calls/send letters to the apartment on behalf of a veteran who wants to display The Flag.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Any one else in for an INGO mailing campaign? Flood there mailboxes.

I would love to make calls/send letters to the apartment on behalf of a veteran who wants to display The Flag.
    I am in. Get me a Name and a Addy. :patriot: Put it on Facebook and this will go viral and be on newstations in 48hrs or less. Its the American way!

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Not a Vet but I am a Hoosier bread corn fed red blooded American and I will stand with you and I would have no problem finding other voices to stand with you !

COUNT ME IN !

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am in. Get me a Name and a Addy. :patriot: Put it on Facebook and this will go viral and be on newstations in 48hrs or less. Its the American way!

A Facebook listing would be awesome, it would be on thousands of pages in just hours.

Title it "War Veteran denied right to fly the American Flag by new owners"

That should get a few views

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    If you rent, not sure man. Wouldn't look for just a "flag" clause, but something regarding them being able to change conditions of continued rental, not including directly, race, creed, color, etc...

Wrong answer. A leasehold is a property right just like anything else. I wish they taught this in high school.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    And then there is the Tannerite remedy ...

... in their mailbox. <=(purple)
    :"Yes massah, I understand, but THIS here is an AMERICAN flag, and it trumps any of your idiot lists. ANY!!" Is standing for Old Glory the same as "causing a stink"?

I doubt causing a stink will do much, unfortunately. You may just have to take it down a notch and hang a flag on your door, window etc. Any way that it's not "sticking out" basically so that the poor lawnmower people aren't forced to exercise a shred of caution not to run over or into your stuff.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If they force you to take it down, take it to the news media. They love these stories. If Indianapolis is your tv station market, they will have a hay day with it.

This! Legally, you're at the mercy of the property. However, if you give them a black eye in the media, you may have a chance. Goodf luck.

Top Bottom