• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not a Vet but I am a Hoosier bread corn fed red blooded American and I will stand with you and I would have no problem finding other voices to stand with you !

COUNT ME IN !

I'm in!
    How about 40-50 people standing in front of the office armed with two symbols of freedom, flags and guns!:rockwoot::patriot::draw::patriot:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I would leave my flag in place until they legally or forcibly make you remove it.
    At that point I'd go to the media, INGO, VFW, ETC, and raise all the stink you possibly could.
    OR...take it down. I guess it all depends on YOUR situation/beliefs.
    And IF it will help...I'll stand with the Flag any day.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    First - slow down and thnk.

I am a patriot, a gun owner, and a landlord (in that order). While I would never ask folks to take down a properly displayed flag, there are some landlords that do - for whatever reason.

1) I am assuming that aside from this one request to take down the flag, that all else is in order. Specifically, that you are a model tenant, pay rent on time, have not had any other issues with them, etc. And by any, I mean ANY. You've not been hotheaded with them, caused drama, etc.

2) IF all of the above is true - why the heck wouldn't they WANT you as a tenant?

3) Given the above - if an otherwise good tenant came to me and said "[ArmedProgrammer], I like renting here - I'm a solid tenant - but I have a problem with this request. Can we find a way so that both of us are happy?" - What am I going to say?

4) They can then go legalistic on you , or they can be reasonable. I personally would be reasonable with a solid tenant. If I was TRYING to get the person out - not so much - but I've never had to go too far down that road.

5) THEN if it requires a response, point out to them that their position looks bad. BE SPECIFIC in your DEMANDS and VAGUE in your threats. For example - if they truly are being legalistic jackasses about it - the proper way to phrase it is this: I request to be allowed to fly my flag in my own rented area without being bothered about it. If you refuse me that ability, I will be forced to take action that neither your nor I will find pleasant and will result a lot of lost face for your company. As I am a solid tenant , I would think that we can find some room for accommodation. THEN SHUT UP.

NO DON'T SAY ANYTHING MORE - SHUT THE HECK UP. :D

NO. REALLY. SHUT UP! :D

Often when a new owner comes in - they are trying to weed out the hotheads and PITA tenants. They will pick on a number of things that will tick off hotheads. I don't subscribe to this method of landlording -but I don't have apartments in the city either. Mark yourself as one of the REASONABLE tenants - and l think all will go well. Mark yourself as a hothead - and they will evict you in a NY minute.

That's how to solve this with a minimum of drama and pain.

If you can't do that - Fenway's right call the media - they love this crap. But try to be reasonable FIRST.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm continually amused that people want to use government to create laws and regulations to govern what others do with their property and then think their properties should be immune from it.

If they can regulate your grass, they can regulate your flag.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm continually amused that people want to use government to create laws and regulations to govern what others do with their property and then think their properties should be immune from it.

If they can regulate your grass, they can regulate your flag.

That being said, we are always free to appeal to them to change their view. I don't see the OP saying the owners can't do this, but only that this particular issue makes no sense and he feels strongly that they should reconsider.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That being said, we are always free to appeal to them to change their view. I don't see the OP saying the owners can't do this, but only that this particular issue makes no sense and he feels strongly that they should reconsider.

I'm sure you'll find more than enough liberty loving patriots to demand a law preventing landlords and HOA's from banning flag displays.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm sure you'll find more than enough liberty loving patriots to demand a law preventing landlords and HOA's from banning flag displays.

Strangely enough, no one here has yet suggested there oughta be a law.

I would not put it past the legislature, however.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    First - slow down and thnk.

I am a patriot, a gun owner, and a landlord (in that order). While I would never ask folks to take down a properly displayed flag, there are some landlords that do - for whatever reason.

1) I am assuming that aside from this one request to take down the flag, that all else is in order. Specifically, that you are a model tenant, pay rent on time, have not had any other issues with them, etc. And by any, I mean ANY. You've not been hotheaded with them, caused drama, etc.

2) IF all of the above is true - why the heck wouldn't they WANT you as a tenant?

3) Given the above - if an otherwise good tenant came to me and said "[ArmedProgrammer], I like renting here - I'm a solid tenant - but I have a problem with this request. Can we find a way so that both of us are happy?" - What am I going to say?

4) They can then go legalistic on you , or they can be reasonable. I personally would be reasonable with a solid tenant. If I was TRYING to get the person out - not so much - but I've never had to go too far down that road.

5) THEN if it requires a response, point out to them that their position looks bad. BE SPECIFIC in your DEMANDS and VAGUE in your threats. For example - if they truly are being legalistic jackasses about it - the proper way to phrase it is this: I request to be allowed to fly my flag in my own rented area without being bothered about it. If you refuse me that ability, I will be forced to take action that neither your nor I will find pleasant and will result a lot of lost face for your company. As I am a solid tenant , I would think that we can find some room for accommodation. THEN SHUT UP.

NO DON'T SAY ANYTHING MORE - SHUT THE HECK UP. :D

NO. REALLY. SHUT UP! :D

Often when a new owner comes in - they are trying to weed out the hotheads and PITA tenants. They will pick on a number of things that will tick off hotheads. I don't subscribe to this method of landlording -but I don't have apartments in the city either. Mark yourself as one of the REASONABLE tenants - and l think all will go well. Mark yourself as a hothead - and they will evict you in a NY minute.

That's how to solve this with a minimum of drama and pain.

If you can't do that - Fenway's right call the media - they love this crap. But try to be reasonable FIRST.

I have lived here for three years, and have always paid my rent on time. I'm friendly with all of my neighbors as well. This is the third company that has owned these apartments since I have lived here. I think we are on the fourth lease agent. Most of the time, no one is in the office when I get home from work. In fact, I have a leaking hot water heater. There is mold in my closet and on the closet door. They where supposed to come by Wednesday and look at it, and never showed up. The lease agent is not going to do anything, they just follow corporate orders.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll be posting contact information for the property owners. I'm going to have a talk with the lease agent, if I can catch Her, which is often hard to do. I'm just trying to get other things lined up and ready to go in the mean time. Thanks to those who are willing to back me. I'll keep you all updated.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is this consistent with other things they have asked to be removed? Is it any hanging decoration attached to te apartment? Surely you could put a pole in a bucket of concrete and fly it as a ground ornament rather than hanging from their structure?

I really doubt this is anti-American, just some zero-tolerance policy being implemented.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Let me guess, this new property management company is from Chicago??? If so they are the same ones who just took over my complex. The only semi good thing I can say is that I just signed a new lease about a month ago. The good part of that is no rent increase, which I expect to be announced soon, but the bad part is I'm stuck there until at least next year.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    My HOA has rules that supposedly regulate me flying my flag. When I put it up, my wife reminded me that I should send in a change form before putting it up. I kindly reminded her that it would be a cold day in hell before I ever asked anyone to fly my flag, period. The management company might be out to get rid of PITA tenants, but they're about to get more than they bargained for.

Top Bottom