• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    You guys in E'ville eat some wierd stuff at the fall festival. What's that thing that you line up for, I think deep fried pig brains or something? Had a friend describe it to me as a "mushy" fish sandwich. *gag*

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It just called a brain sandwich and the line is usually about 20-30 minutes long. My wife loves them so I'll get a coke and a brat with kraut and stand in line with her and eat my sammich. I've never tried the brains and don't have any desire to.

BTW the festival is billed as the 2nd largest festival in the US, behind only Mardi Gras. It's a heck of a deal.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    It just called a brain sandwich and the line is usually about 20-30 minutes long. My wife loves them so I'll get a coke and a brat with kraut and stand in line with her and eat my sammich. I've never tried the brains and don't have any desire to.

BTW the festival is billed as the 2nd largest festival in the US, behind only Mardi Gras. It's a heck of a deal.

Wow! I never new it was that big! Maybe I'll have to make it down one day (it'd be nice if they finished that Indy-E'ville interstate soon). Heck I might even try one of those brain sandwiches! I always say I'll try any food at least once!

What was this thread about again?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You guys in E'ville eat some wierd stuff at the fall festival. What's that thing that you line up for, I think deep fried pig brains or something? Had a friend describe it to me as a "mushy" fish sandwich. *gag*

Bishopp, the donut bank sausage burger is at a school booth. Check out a munchie map.

I ate a brain sandwich today, pretty good actually! No line in the rain ;)

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Bishopp, the donut bank sausage burger is at a school booth. Check out a munchie map.

I ate a brain sandwich today, pretty good actually! No line in the rain ;)

I think I found it online.

76 - Cynthia Heights Wildcats. OK, in the spirit of the Fall Festival comes a sandwich that could only be found on Franklin Street in Octoboer. Try this - a sliced Donut Bank glazed donut with a sausage patty, bacon strips, and melted American cheese. Incredible! Get a note from you doctor before ordering one. PICK OF THE DAY!

- I will head there tomorrow. I might stop by tonight since it says the festival is open till 11pm nightly. Hope that booth is still open if I do.

EDIT: Looks like this year it is number 41.

Link to current "munchie map":

http://www.nutclub.org/images/stories/pdfs/2012_munchie_map.pdf

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Touche.

Anyone know how to put that stupid little mark above the "e" so I can look all smart and French? Sylvain? Anyone seen Sylvain?

:D
    COMPOSE-E-' = é

Have I mentioned I'm on Linux?

@ mrortega:
    Only Square Donuts I know of is on US 40 (Wabash Ave.) around 9th(-ish) street, just west of a rail road crossing (if that helps in this town). Never patronized the place, though.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    COMPOSE-E-' = é

Have I mentioned I'm on Linux?

@ mrortega:
    Only Square Donuts I know of is on US 40 (Wabash Ave.) around 9th(-ish) street, just west of a rail road crossing (if that helps in this town). Never patronized the place, though.
    Didn't it used to be on the right side of 41 just before you go up the rise to the main part of town heading north?

Top Bottom