Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Copyright, Longbow Entertainment a Division of Upland Hills

20 days have passed since the most of the crew left the ISS. Every camera they had was taking pictures of every spectrum possible. Daily logs of upper atmosphere temperature levels and other trends were being studied. Nothing significant in the southern hemisphere has improved.

The husband and wife team was having daily conversations with the President. Data was being read by at least 4 countries based on the emails they were still getting.
    One trend with the weather remains intact. Areas that were heated or cooled by sea currents are still much warmer than inland areas. The problem is this warmth is in places that have been destroyed by tsunami’s. Almost every island is destroyed, but survivors in several of the islands with higher plateaus are trying to rebuild based on the ham radio reports leaking out.

About a two dozen cruise ships have been found in working condition and have joined up with the 9 remaining aircraft carriers. Oil tankers, cargo ships and other vessels that were out to sea when the big wave hit are at or moving to the equator. Marine radio traffic is easy to pick up as the ISS circles the earth every 90 minutes. They have been relaying information on new contacts as the discover them.

They worked on the most recent temperature report for the President. They were using a black and white map and using Adobe to type temperatures on the document. When they get it done, they email when they are over the pacific.

From North to South
    Ely Minnesota -124
    Chicago -89
    Detroit -88
    Indianapolis -80
    Memphis -54
    New Orleans -1
    Miami 18
    From West to East
    LA 25
    San Francisco 15
    Las Vegas -20
    Denver -76
    St. Louis -80
    Pittsburg -78
    New York -60
    DC -60

Temperatures in the Southern hemisphere on average were 20 degrees lower than northern locations the same distance from the equator. Very few radio transmissions were coming from south of Equator. The loss of life in the Southern hemisphere must be already near 100%. Ash layers downwind from the two eruption sites vary. The radar system on one of the earth monitoring satellites showed 96 feet of ash on the western edge of Australia to just about 3 feet in Sidney. New Zealand had almost 3 feet cover the entire country.

The ash was bad, but it was the rains that made it worse. Very few roofs remained after the ash fell. Soon after that, whole areas of the planet stopped transmitting on the radio. Those areas must look like the surface of the moon.

Everyone is sleeping too much! I don’t think we are depressed, but just very bored. Everyone is keeping a journal now and we let the others read our work. Our journals are very much like facebook was, but now it is on paper.
    Close quarters and the cold outside have created a massive cabin fever. The only good thing is everyone is keeping the place very clean. The emergency cold shelter is ready if we need it. The well and septic system is working. We are eating half of what we did when we were getting ready and burning all those calories. The talk is that our mind is in a survival mode and somehow we are eating what we need and not much more. The kids are still eating like they should.

The sister survival group has been in contact with us with a FRS radio. They are having a bad run in with the flu and diarrhea. From what we can tell it is not pleasant over there. They have a better generator than us and at least are keeping ahead of the laundry. None of us wanted to think about the smell.

50 miles south a small group was holding out in caves in Southern Indiana. They have plenty of water and about 140 days of food remaining. Sprits are high and they are enjoying temps in the 50’s. Every few days they send one or two to venture up see what is going on outside.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    Shouldn't have read this while in my tree stand! I'm suddenly really cold. Lol I just need a warm deer carcass to warm up my hands!

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    C'mon! Keep it coming :D

One idea...I noticed that you haven't explicitly said that BHO is president. While I'm sure that the White House would have had sufficient notice to bug out, maybe the snow hit DC fast and he didn't make it out; thus a continuity of government plan was put into operation. A mini-story all by itself :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    No...not today

But you can say Happy Birthday to Mrs. Longbow she is 39 again! She is having a tough week and anything you all can say might cheer her up on this big day!

Congratulations to Mrs Longbow. God likes her enough to let her see the green side of the grass for one more day. That is a good start. Aging with grace is a challenge for us all and not for sissies.:rockwoot:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    that only pertains to the call signs of aircraft while transporting the president.

A ship would keep it's name the same even if the president was on it.

(As the son of a Naval Aviator) I know. ;) But, I suspect it wasn't a dinghy that got POTUS onboard. :D

Granted, it wasn't likely an S-3 that delivered him, but still....

:D

Top Bottom