Indiana

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

one day later

I wish he was as harsh as they claim he is, it might solve the problem for more than just 4 years.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    So I guess linemen trying to get the power back on in Texas after the hurricane are getting attacked by local residents.
    Yes it's an InfoWars article. For the InfoWars intolerant, sue me. I don't have X and don't know how to embed X videos, so I chose the path of least resistance. All it is is a small collection of the videos and stories on X.

You know, I'm sick of people trying to play patty cake with these rabid animals. These linemen are trying to get your power back on, but let's attack them for some reason. What the actual f***? If they want to attack linemen so bad, then let Houston bake without electricity. Better yet, put down these animals like a rabid raccoon. I've never given much credence to people saying that these deranged people are possessed, but stories like this make me really wonder.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    So I guess linemen trying to get the power back on in Texas after the hurricane are getting attacked by local residents.
    Yes it's an InfoWars article. For the InfoWars intolerant, sue me. I don't have X and don't know how to embed X videos, so I chose the path of least resistance. All it is is a small collection of the videos and stories on X.

You know, I'm sick of people trying to play patty cake with these rabid animals. These linemen are trying to get your power back on, but let's attack them for some reason. What the actual f***? If they want to attack linemen so bad, then let Houston bake without electricity. Better yet, put down these animals like a rabid raccoon. I've never given much credence to people saying that these deranged people are possessed, but stories like this make me really wonder.
    Read the article and it never says WHY they are being attacked. Union troubles ? Out of state workers stealing jobs ?

Doesn't make sense even for crack heads. Robbery doesn't seem to be the motive.

Searching the topic just says they are fed up with no electricity. So....attack the guy who is getting it back for you.... :dunno:

Don

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country

I first heard of this yesterday. They were interviewing one of the linemen that was on the receiving end. His response was pretty pithy. He said, "I'm done. I'm never coming back. These people can just not have power and A/C."

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't blame him a bit. **** 'em.

CenterPoint CEO Jason Wells posted a video describing the threats linemen were experiencing. The company evacuated over 100 linemen working restoration Saturday “due to shots that were fired at our crews,” with law enforcement reportedly making one arrest.

CenterPoint later issued an update stating, “Initial reports we received from this location were that shots were fired and rocks were being thrown at our crews. That was the information we had at the time of the video. Our crews were shaken up by the incident.”

A Houston Police Department investigation confirmed “a gun was wielded and rocks [were] thrown.” The criminal behavior occurred at a time when CenterPoint crews were being threatened and the company continued “to experience increasing calls for, and actual incidents of, criminal actions toward public utility property and the men and women who are working hard in hot, difficult conditions to restore power.”

CenterPoint has reiterated that “the safety of our employees, contractors, mutual assistance crews and support personnel is our top priority.”

Wells also said, “We understand just how difficult it is to be without power, especially in this heat. I understand the anger. I understand the frustration. Our crews, many of whom have driven thousands of miles to help restore our customers here in Houston, are working day and night to restore that power as quickly as they can.”

While many Houstonians have responded to the power outage “with patience and grace,” he said, “there have been instances where either acts of violence have been threatened or actually committed against our crews that are working this vital restoration. This is unacceptable.”

Wells also explained that threats or acts of violence are counterproductive because they have to redirect crews to a safer area, which “just delays what is already a significant restoration effort.”

He asked the public to “please give our crews room to do their work safely.”

Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick addressed the violence, saying it must stop and won’t bring about power restoration any sooner.

• Harris County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Mike Lee has stated that anyone caught committing a crime related to Hurricane Beryl’s aftermath will receive enhanced charges.

If I was a lineman I would refuse to go back without armed law enforcement.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    CenterPoint later issued an update stating, “Initial reports we received from this location were that shots were fired and rocks were being thrown at our crews. That was the information we had at the time of the video. Our crews were shaken up by the incident.”
    He should have continued with, "I have ordered all of our crews to stand down until such time as residents begin to act like adults again. How long that takes is entirely up to you, residents of Houston. Do I have your attention now?"

Top Bottom