• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    the outlaws aren't what you have to worry about at all unless you're a stripper. You have 18st, gutta boys, east side gangsters, sur13, and the list goes on and on. most members are under the age of 18

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would not advocate for anyone to move from their home in the face of aggressive behavior from a child, albeit a dangerous one. If you don't know the two neighbors to the left, right and four across the street, if applicable, then you need to get to know them. There are enough grown people moving from neighborhoods because of these bad kids!

I have no tactical advice for you, but I would say to know the law, well. If you believe there is the possibility you will need to protect yourself, family, or property, start creating a paper trail. Call the police and report any suspicious activity and go to the precinct and do the same. If something does happen, at least you will be able to say you did everything to prevent injury or the loss of life.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Not to piddle on the parade so to speak, if this kid was in the 13-14 age range, there would be no "bond hearing." All persons under the age of 18 in the state of Indiana are treated as juveniles. This means that he may have been taken to a detention facility and held pending a hearing. Or, he may have been released to his parent(s) or guardian.

Unfortunately, the juvenile court mindset is to keep families together and rehabilitate. We may certainly agree or disagree how this little dork should be "rehabilitated." There is the possiblility after a fact finding hearing that this little miscreant would be sent to the Indiana Boy's School for a period of time. We could agree that the "period of time" would certainly not be long enough.

The range of things to happen is between "nothing" and "everything." Most certainly it will be somewhere in between.

The price we pay for freedom is vigilance. I certainly would refuse to be stuck with a knife by anyone, whether it be a 13 yr. old or a 29 yr. old.

If someone initiates a felonious assault and is paid back with interest, that is the "price of doing business."

que said:
    I would not advocate for anyone to move from their home in the face of aggressive behavior from a child, albeit a dangerous one. If you don't know the two neighbors to the left, right and four across the street, if applicable, then you need to get to know them. There are enough grown people moving from neighborhoods because of these bad kids!

I have no tactical advice for you, but I would say to know the law, well. If you believe there is the possibility you will need to protect yourself, family, or property, start creating a paper trail. Call the police and report any suspicious activity and go to the precinct and do the same. If something does happen, at least you will be able to say you did everything to prevent injury or the loss of life.

Someone give these guys some rep for me!

TooMuchRep.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I drove on Gray/Newyork today.... Appears very quiet.

Perhaps a neat idea would be for YOU to host an MSG2 meeting, and let abunch Indy folks come and OC, show off some real neat firearms.

Grill up some great food etc.

Folks, I would say this would be an execellent time to remember a SHTF doesnt always require a big "S". I think a couple times of hosting these meetings at the OP's home might be enough to scare off a the criminally minded.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just to clarify, I offer the officers drinks snacks etc. Unfortunately, I am on a low/no sugar diet so I only have "diet" soda and sugar free snacks lol. And they always turn me down. Other than the normal random gunshots in the night, last night was quiet for me.

Well there's your problem. You should have been offering them donuts and coffee... Sorry, just had to be said. I would assume there's some regulation about officers taking candy from strangers.

Back to your problem. I assume talking to the parents is out of the question. Let them know that you don't want any trouble, but that includes not having your property stolen, or being threatened with a knife. I'd record that conversation. I'd also throw in that what seems minor now can escalate later in life.

Baring that, do you know who rents the house? Maybe an anonymous letter to them stating the trouble the tenants are causing the neighborhood might help?

If you do setup a DVR system, see if you can spare a camera to record what's going on over at the boys house. If there's suspicious behavior, like a ton of cars staying for short periods of time, turn a copy in to police.

Also, from everything I've read, as soon as you think something is going down, call 911, and keep the line open. They'll record everything the phone can hear. Including commands such as, PUT THE KNIFE DOWN, STAY BACK, I'M GOING TO SHOOT...

I'd have armed friends over as much as possible, just to hang out on your porch. An INGO BBQ isn't a bad idea either.

Feel free to come to the Aug 14th MSG2 meeting if you want to meet some good guys from the area.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i am going to throw this out there. i am glad you didn't have to shoot the kid. this is a crazy situation your in right now. i would definitely get a alarm and set up outside camera's though you have to be careful what they record based on the laws. definitely shows of force will be your best bet and hopefully you don't have to end up taking a child's life but it is what is when it comes to protecting you and your family.

i will give this little bit of incite and its a bit different from your situation but still. when i was in iraq i saw a grown man (aka the girls father) hand a 6-8 year old girl a couple grenades and pull the pins. i won't go through the whole story but i had to take her life. i killed a good amount of terrorists over there with none of them bothering me in the least. i did what i did for my soldiers so they didn't have to (who wants to shoot a kid be serious) but it doesn't change the fact that when i dream no matter what i am dreaming about i always see her. on a daily basis i see her even if its just a random child walking down the street who has similar facial features. its something i don't believe i will ever forget and always hope no one else has to experience.

i am not saying don't defend yourself or your family, definitely do that as it's always best to come out alive and protect your family. i am just saying be careful and make sure its a last resort as it may be something that is with you for the rest of your life.

sorry i am sure this wasn't much help but definitely exhaust all the options possible before it gets to crazy cause kids think they know it all and often need a good a$$ whooping before they realize otherwise. good luck and if you have a ingo bbq i will definitely head that way if i can

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i am going to throw this out there. i am glad you didn't have to shoot the kid. this is a crazy situation your in right now. i would definitely get a alarm and set up outside camera's though you have to be careful what they record based on the laws. definitely shows of force will be your best bet and hopefully you don't have to end up taking a child's life but it is what is when it comes to protecting you and your family.

i will give this little bit of incite and its a bit different from your situation but still. when i was in iraq i saw a grown man (aka the girls father) hand a 6-8 year old girl a couple grenades and pull the pins. i won't go through the whole story but i had to take her life. i killed a good amount of terrorists over there with none of them bothering me in the least. i did what i did for my soldiers so they didn't have to (who wants to shoot a kid be serious) but it doesn't change the fact that when i dream no matter what i am dreaming about i always see her. on a daily basis i see her even if its just a random child walking down the street who has similar facial features. its something i don't believe i will ever forget and always hope no one else has to experience.

i am not saying don't defend yourself or your family, definitely do that as it's always best to come out alive and protect your family. i am just saying be careful and make sure its a last resort as it may be something that is with you for the rest of your life.

sorry i am sure this wasn't much help but definitely exhaust all the options possible before it gets to crazy cause kids think they know it all and often need a good a$$ whooping before they realize otherwise. good luck and if you have a ingo bbq i will definitely head that way if i can

It will never go away either my Brother, but you DID do the right thing, and thats what you must hold onto more than the action of what you did. you saved lives that mattered more by what you did and that was your job. mission completed. That girl probly died in spirit a long time before you took that action, you might have ended her suffering and hopefully allowed her to go into a better place. all i can say is that you have to keep the dark pushed down and overpowered by the light. you will always know the dark is there, but you need to focus on the light and amplify it. live your life to its fullest for our Brothers who can no longer do that. :patriot:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    OP, there has been some fine advice given in this thread.
    However, I have to offer my :twocents: here.

Under no circumstances should you do anything that could be construed as physically harmful or threatening to this kid or any of his nasty little pals.
    Shoot him down if he threatens your life or your family, but don't pull out your baseball bat to 'teach him a lesson'.

If you harm him in any way (and don't kill him in self defense) you can expect to be sued to within an inch of your life.
    Never mind the gangland retaliation that would be sure to follow.
    Getting your name dragged through the mud by the Indy (Red) Star would be the least of your worries.

True, he deserves a good a## beating, but that's not for any of us to deliver.
    People that prey on the law abiding have been known to punish their victims in court and sue successfully for such gems as 'pain and suffering' or 'mental anguish'.

Along with that, avoid intentionally setting traps (i.e. leaving fish hooks attached to cinder blocks in your yard) no matter how entertaining the thought... it's not worth it.
    You WILL get sued if someone hurts themselves on them and you will likely be charged with a serious crime.
    Setting traps is covered by IC if I recall correctly.

Leaving a bunch of obstacles lying around in your yard wouldn't necessarily be incriminating, just take care to avoid junk/trash ordinances. Those penalties can be steep!
    You could dig some shallow holes for obstacles at random and blame your dogs!

Good Luck! and hopefully the law will take care of this little booger and his ilk before someone else has to.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Leaving a bunch of obstacles lying around in your yard wouldn't necessarily be incriminating, just take care to avoid junk/trash ordinances. Those penalties can be steep!
    You could dig some shallow holes for obstacles at random and blame your dogs!

That sounds the world like an agility course for your dogs.

Oh, some good black grease on the top rail of privacy fences is a good deterrent as well. Kept possums, raccoons, cats and squirrels off the fence at our old house. That used to drive our dogs nuts watching them run back and forth on the fence.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Would it be considered a "man trap" to glue broken glass on the inside of a Gate (So it wont scrap innocent passing by folks?

Yes. Think about anything you might do. Now, think about how a prosecutor might present that if you were ever in a self defense shoot. That should provide easy grounds to figuring out what might be considered a man trap.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Sorry to hear about your trouble. I realize you have your house paid for, but you couldn't pay me to live in a nieghborhood like that.. I wouldn't move because of this inbred little bastard, I would move because there is too great of a chance for trouble or harm to my family. If you like hearing gunfire at night and watching baggy pant wearing retards strut up and down the street I guess it's perfect. To each their own, but I wouldn't want to be around that stuff even if they all left me alone. I'm glad to live in a small town. Good luck!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I drove on Gray/Newyork today.... Appears very quiet.

Perhaps a neat idea would be for YOU to host an MSG2 meeting, and let abunch Indy folks come and OC, show off some real neat firearms.

Grill up some great food etc.

Folks, I would say this would be an execellent time to remember a SHTF doesnt always require a big "S". I think a couple times of hosting these meetings at the OP's home might be enough to scare off a the criminally minded.

I've got a Costco Membership (even though they have a no firearms sign that I've never seen) , multiple firearms and a big appetite.... +1 for an OC event at JHawks place.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    just make sure that if you do have to shoot him you kill him, but as for any other physical violence ur literally better of shooting him and killing him in terms of legality and repercussion.

In terms of moving, wether ur house is paid or not, moving up in the world includes where u live i the world, wether u like it or not, and to be honest there are plenty of places where u would never have to deal with anything liket hat and it wouldnt cost u half a million dollars to do so.

Its ur right to not have to deal with that ****, and u can shoot him if he threatens u but what about ur family and kids having to grow up there, they deserve to be able to play at ur own house, outside if they want with friends if they want and not have to worry about some little pissant harming them.

Dont ever move out of fear, but dont be afraid to better ur lifestyle or environment especially for the benefit of ur kids, id say there well being is worth a little money, and i dont even know them.

Top Bottom