• ...and so much more!
  • JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    who is the prosecutor if you don't mind me asking

Sorry it's taken so long but it is the deputy prosecutor Joe delmatto or something like that.

On another note I had more trouble last night as kids were throwing rocks at my
    home and dog. Here is where it gets good. I went outside to check on my dog ( a collie) and he broke thru the gate after the kids(this was at1:30 am). The officer who came
    out last night sat outside and talked to me for about 15 mins about the problems were
    having, and posted up in the ally this about 2:30-3:00am. Today another officer comes by the house sees me OCing and tells me to pull my shirt over my gun that it is "illegal" in the city to carry unconcealed. He knew about the problems going on and said "I was adding to the problems by being outside". I was very insulted, but held my ground. I did not get his name or badge number (sorry guys brain fart) but I wish I had.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you choose to stick it out, and it sounds like you are, there are many helpful hints on hardening your house (doors, windows, alarms, etc.) here Security Products - Home Window Security for Burglary Prevention

Edit: It was nice to see the following addressed as part of personal security:

Guns are the most effective security products – if in hand and if you’re truly willing to kill and not merely try to bluff. Get proper training from certified experts, practice regularly, and obey all laws.

The fierce political controversy of gun control laws is profoundly complex. The fundamental dilemma at the heart of the matter is that a gun may be a savior for defending yourself or a destroyer if you’re emotionally out of control – or if it falls into the hands of criminals, the mentally ill, or untrained and irresponsible children.

Better than anyone else, you know the tendencies of you and your family toward accidents, depression, and anger – or mature responsibility (after thoroughly training all family members and obeying all laws). It’s up to you to trust yourself and your family with a gun, or to take your chances on remaining unarmed in a violent world.

Last edited:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Today another officer comes by the house sees me OCing and tells me to pull my shirt over my gun that it is "illegal" in the city to carry unconcealed. He knew about the problems going on and said "I was adding to the problems by being outside".

Yes.

You should throw your guns away and stay inside your home as a virtual prisoner while the douche-bag punks in the neighborhood take total control.

The police will cruise by later to mop up any blood and take a report.

:rolleyes:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Glad to hear that you didn't take the knife lightly because a teenager was holding it. Kids can be just as vicious and deadly as big boy bad guys.

quote]

Correction kids are more dangerous than grown people as they dont have a fully developed front lobe, in other words they lack emotional control and very often act on the first impulse that comes to mind.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Lets say this played out a different way and deadly force was used. Would they be able to charge JHAWK1980 for shooting a 13-14 year old kid?? I know he had a knife but was just curious for the officers opinion.

NO, he (the kid) presented a deadly weapon which more than justifies deadly force. However Im sure his damn parents would suddenly appear so they can sue.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I suggest that you keep in contact with the PO's who are stopping by to check on you. They are aware of the situation and you can relate to them your desire to NOT have to shoot anyone or cause bodily injury. Then, if you would happen to HAVE to do so, they would be able to vouch for you and your desire to not do anything unless you are forced to do anything. This can go a long way during an investigation into a self-defense shooting, should the 'gang' attack you or your family and force you to protect them or yourself.

I also suggest that you start a notebook of every incident, complete with statements and verbage by both parties, so that you have a written report of each incident as they occur. It helps to build credibility, provide accurate statements, and be consistently factual in the face of all of the lies that will be told by others if this situation goes bad for you.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

You dont just need to keep a notebook you need to call the cops to get everything that is said and done that is adverse to you on official records. Trust me if you wind up having to shoot him or anyone else in his gang then you will need every bit of this to avoid having problems. Remember the criminal justice system is far from perfect and public outcry from someone shooting an armed teen has gotten good guys charged before.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Have you considered appealing to a higher court? And by that I mean prayer. I am not saying to stop doing all that you are doing. God helps those who help themselves. But when you have done all you can do, turn to the ultimate protector of the innocent.

I had a friend who's son was being beat up by a gang of kids daily in Price Hill in Cincinnati. He went to the parent of the main trouble maker kid. The parent then told my friend to teach his wimpy kid how to fight and then made threats to inflict bodily harm to my friend like his son had done repeated to my friends son.

My friend then made several precautions to protect his son in the future but also that night said a prayer asking God to end the threat and protect his son from any further beatings.

A mere two days later the 14 year old bully that had been mercilessly beating my friends son was struck by a car while he was jay walking across the street and died instantly. Problem solved.

My friend didn't pray for the kid to die. He just prayed for God to remove the threat. And He did!

Some would say it was coincidence. Perhaps. But I have found when I pray coincidences happen and when I don't pray they don't happen. Faith is a powerful defense.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Have you considered appealing to a higher court? And by that I mean prayer. I am not saying to stop doing all that you are doing. God helps those who help themselves. But when you have done all you can do, turn to the ultimate protector of the innocent.

I had a friend who's son was being beat up by a gang of kids daily in Price Hill in Cincinnati. He went to the parent of the main trouble maker kid. The parent then told my friend to teach his wimpy kid how to fight and then made threats to inflict bodily harm to my friend like his son had done repeated to my friends son.

My friend then made several precautions to protect his son in the future but also that night said a prayer asking God to end the threat and protect his son from any further beatings.

A mere two days later the 14 year old bully that had been mercilessly beating my friends son was struck by a car while he was jay walking across the street and died instantly. Problem solved.

My friend didn't pray for the kid to die. He just prayed for God to remove the threat. And He did!

Some would say it was coincidence. Perhaps. But I have found when I pray coincidences happen and when I don't pray they don't happen. Faith is a powerful defense.

I guess the boys father should have taught his son to look both ways before crossing the street :):

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    NO, he (the kid) presented a deadly weapon which more than justifies deadly force. However Im sure his damn parents would suddenly appear so they can sue.

Maybe in another state, but not here. Here, that shoot would have been easily legal, and the parents would be specifically prevented from suing by state law. Criminals or their families or estates, etc. are not allowed to sue their victims here. At least that's how my attorney explains the following. It applies to both criminal AND civil proceedings.

IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property
    Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Black bricks and fish hooks? Plz explain.

Ever run through poorly lighted yards, fields, around landscaping and the like as a kid? I can't run so fast as I used to but they can't either if after they've tripped over a cinder block and don't know where the next one might be. Every try to untangle a hair ball on a bait caster reel with a flopping 2 foot pike yanking on the line and flopping in the boat? In the dark? With an angry land owner chasing you?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Today another officer comes by the house sees me OCing and tells me to pull my shirt over my gun that it is "illegal" in the city to carry unconcealed. He knew about the problems going on and said "I was adding to the problems by being outside". I was very insulted, but held my ground. I did not get his name or badge number (sorry guys brain fart) but I wish I had.

If the cops were making the effort to come hang around my house to help me out with a problem like this, I'd go out of my way to help them, keep them happy, make them want to do it more and pay attention to their advice.

I'd go out of my way NOT to be an irritant or point out things I disagree with them about.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If the cops were making the effort to come hang around my house to help me out with a problem like this, I'd go out of my way to help them, keep them happy, make them want to do it more and pay attention to their advice.

I'd go out of my way NOT to be an irritant or point out things I disagree with them about.

I second that. I do think you should hold your ground though, but not to the point that would frustrate the officer. Something along the lines of "Oh, well it is legal to OC. I thought it might be a deterrent. Do you think its really that big of a deal?". I would also offer them a snack, coffee, whatever when they stop by. Keep them happy, and they will be that much more helpful.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Your story is absolutely disgusting and horrifying.

Can you file restraining orders against these kids?

As far as throwing rocks is concerned, buy a sling shot = Harborfret sales them for $4.

From a mapquest, you are not too far from where I have a home at. I am familar with the area, and the people.

I think you certainly are pegged, and perhaps the bigger homies, may take vengence on you, as the area is incredibly unforgiving.

You handled the situation as best as any could, regarding not blowing the little scumbag away; either way, you now appear doomed.

WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP YOU?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I can't believe some of you hard-chargers advocate the OP move.

Utter and complete BS!

Move?

That's what the bastards want you to do. Tremble in fear. Cry to your mommy. Quit and leave.

Eff that! It's your home. Your neighborhood. Your community. You and your sensible neighbors must take ownership of your community. Watch each others backs. Take care of each other.

This is the United States, not Iraq.

Eff living in fear.

Send the rotten pricks to hell.

This hard-charger still says to MOVE. I did my "time" in the city (40th and Capitol)...and I don't regret leaving the SCUM behind one bit. I come home every night and turn on the news to hear about gangbangers shooting each other...and it brings a tear to my eye. A TEAR OF JOY! Let the scumbags wipe each other out.

Once they decide to migrate out to the cornfields with their trouble...then I stay and fight!

I never did tremble in fear or cry to my momma though...:D

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just to clarify, I offer the officers drinks snacks etc. Unfortunately, I am on a low/no sugar diet so I only have "diet" soda and sugar free snacks lol. And they always turn me down. Other than the normal random gunshots in the night, last night was quiet for me.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It sounds like typical control and intimidation tactics backed by adults. It's a shame those kids lives are being wasted for someone elses agenda.
    Just keep the LEO's informed and hopefully, considering the area, they're right around the corner if you need them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Glad to hear that you didn't take the knife lightly because a teenager was holding it. Kids can be just as vicious and deadly as big boy bad guys.

The camera system is a great idea. You should buy a DVR camera system, then park the moped out in your front yard to taunt him. If he steals it, you've got it recorded.

If you do install a camera, make sure you turn it off before you shoot him dead next time he shows up on your property.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I've thought about cameras, only a short distance from you at 10th and Sherman. Just got new neighbors, and I'm not too impressed. I'm hoping I wont have issues, but expect I will if they last long. On the upside, I do get to hear all the latest rap music as they crank thier stereo with all thier windows open. But they don't do it at night, and mine can be much louder if I want. Best of luck to you. We've got a rough neighborhood, but as I see it, it is OURs to look after, for better or worse.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If any of you, including the OP, are seriously interested in installing a camera/DVR system at your home, I have some decent experience at doing just that and I'll offer to help you out....I won't even charge ya! ;)

Top Bottom