• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I can't believe some of you hard-chargers advocate the OP move.

Utter and complete BS!

Move?

That's what the bastards want you to do. Tremble in fear. Cry to your mommy. Quit and leave.

Eff that! It's your home. Your neighborhood. Your community. You and your sensible neighbors must take ownership of your community. Watch each others backs. Take care of each other.

This is the United States, not Iraq.

Eff living in fear.

Send the rotten pricks to hell.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Think of your children and what's best for them!

If the rat kids aren't bluffing, Can you guard your children 24/7? They will more than likely be the targets of any retaliation instead of you especially if they are close to the same age as the bangers. The BG's know they don't have weapons and would be easy targets.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am sorry that you have such a rotten situation to deal with there.

I live in a very small town to avoid urban types. My experience here has not been as tranquil as I hoped, worthless scumbag rednecks can be a lousy lot to live near also. Obviously I have had problems too.

I installed a video camera and recorder, I think that is a good idea.

Stay safe if you can,

Terry

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is there any place that I can move to where I KNOW this type of situation will not occur? The answer is no. What I can do is learn from the situation and try to make sure that it never happens again. My kids don't play in this neighborhood, they don't ride IPS buses, they are very well aware of the area. They know how to dial 911 and they are never ever left alone. I believe that someone has already posted but, if I move then that just opens up another spot for the BG's to dwell and that turns another neighborhood to crap. This will pass and if not I will be judged by twelve and not carried by six. I hope I never have to use my firearm but I don't just carry "because I can". It's not a fashion statement. I am not looking for a real estate agent. This is my home.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Man, this scenario is one that keeps me awake at night. I know I can't be around to protect my family and property at all times, and I know that if you don't wipe the threat out immediately it's likely they have more spare time on their hands than you do to make things annoying or dangerous. I think it's best to not attract attention around your own place, but then again I know I couldn't stand by and do nothing if I saw some little hooligans breaking in or vandalizing my neighbors house. Honest folks start with a huge disadvantage in these situations...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I wouldn't give away ANYTHING for free, not one ounce of information/recon. I'd make them "pay" for everything they learned about me that I could keep from them.

I'd get vid/audio tape surviellance going and as covertly as possible. I'd find one of those scooter/bait pile things cheap at a yard sale and polish it until it literally sparkles. I bury concret or block in the ground so it's not obvious and chain the scooter to it so you couldn't tell until you were right on top of it or trying to drag it away. I'd have the sherrif, police, and 911 all on speed dial and have the phone on my belt right next to my 45 as much as is humanly possible and a loaded shotgun hanging over the bedroom door. I'd have fence to slow their entrance and egress and black painted bricks and fish hooks out after dark every night. Then I'd try to arrange the things I normally do and want to do in a manner that allowed me to keep an eye on things with minimum disruption to my own family's preferred routine.

Where do you come up with this stuff!? I wish we were neighbors!

stanicus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    It doesnt matter if they are kids or not. The kid who stole my bike when I was 12 is now serving life in prison for killing an 80 year old woman. I know it sounds harsh, but i'd end him the next time he came at me with a weapon.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    2912200879_5a2c99c93e.jpg

WWPKD?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Lets say this played out a different way and deadly force was used. Would they be able to charge JHAWK1980 for shooting a 13-14 year old kid?? I know he had a knife but was just curious for the officers opinion.

A justified SD shooting is the same no matter the age of the dead guy. The spotlight on him would be a lot brighter being the POS was 13-14, but the situation that caused the incident does not change since he was only 13-14. Sometimes stupid should hurt.

Something I left out of my last post:

To the OP.....good job on being able to desculate when the situation called for it. Had you shot him you would have been legally in the right, but it would have been a traumatic incident for you too. Some deal with it better than others and it's good that you didn't have to find out. By shooting him you would have solved one issue but created untold more. At least now you have an idea what the issue is.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Seriously.... Move? Someday I hope you guys stand up straight like a man and protect what is right with the world.

I support this message. :D

If people keep running when things turn bad, eventually there will be noplace left to go.

Neighborhoods can and have been taken back from douchebag gangs. All it takes is a few residents to stand up and band together. Yes, it's dangerous. Yes, it's worth fighting for.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Big thumbs up for you keeping your cool.

My wife knows that if someone tried to harm me, my family, or friends of mine that I would inflict great and mercfull-less violence upon them (not not mean I would or would not shoot them). There are two kinds that come trhough the area every now and then that I don't trust but don't really see them as much of a threat... they are in their mid teens but could still do damage.... they are really the only ones that I keep an eye out for.... there are enough cops in the area that I doubt they would be stupid enough to do anything..... not to mention my imediate area is well armed.

My neighbors know me pretty well and know that I keep a cool head.... this is also handy because if something was to happen I know my neoighbors would not be telling the investegators that I am a hot head and keep my cool..... I even grab their trash cans for them after the trash comes from time to time...

Like mentioned above getting stuff on camera I am sure would help a bunch, if they keep coming and making threats and you have it on time and date stamped video then it helps you case even if it is for a restraining order.

If I had any real problems I would knock on a few officers doors and mention it to them so that they can keep an eye out.

Personally I have no problem inflicting great voilence on someone protecting my family... but I would not want my wife or son to have to see that happen.

The other day I was talking to my wife about getting a hamoc and our son could play outside and one of us could relax in the hamoc from time to time...... she said she wants a fence first to keep someone from grabing him so that she has time to run after the person....... I told her I would shoot them dead from the hamoc.... that is if my neighbor does not shoot them first........ maybe the BG will get caught in the cross fire lol......

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Update:

I talked to the prosecutor in charge of the case. I also received a victim impact statement today and learned that the BG was a 13 y/o. He was released on the 27th on house arrest. I have had officers stopping by daily to check on us, and they are looking for the rest of the "gang". I guess this will go to trial sometime in august I will keep everyone informed.
    Thanks, James

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    cameras to see your yard near your house, garage, car etc as well as the most likely points of entry doors, windows. make sure you put the monitor/recording device somewhere that wouldn't make it easy enough for them to steal the dvd/tape that they're recorded on and the cameras somewhere they wouldn't be able to damage them before being recorded.. however wearing a mask would ruin any real video evidence anyway

Crawl spaces and attics, obvious places, but we arent talking about the most intelligent criminals, so that should suffice. Depending on the setup, you might be able to get it installed in a cutout behind a picture or something. If you are intending to stay indefinitely (and it certainly sounds that way, +1 for you!) its a good spot, unless of course they trash the house and the painting comes down.

As far as advice goes, most of the bases have been covered. I would keep guns hidden (OC is fine, but nothing more) and I would keep them locked up in a safe, in a hidden location. Visibility is the best thing you can do as a preventative. I like the idea of setting a trap. My method would be along the lines of buying a POS, cleaning it up a bit, seizing the wheels, and filling the tank with cement. Its not going anywhere, and they will look dumb as all heck if they try to steal it.

Since they know you have at least one gun, a shootout is an unfortunate possibility, so be vigilant. Unfortunately, Im sure its happened before. Lastly, if you feel it might be getting to that point, and you genuinely fear for your life (or rather that of your kids or wife's), you should move. I know you dont want to, but renting an apartment for a few weeks could make all the difference. A cheap sublet would give you enough time for this to blow over, you would still have your house, and you could still stay there. Once school starts up, things will be easier to manage, at least in my experience. Its not an end all, but it does seem to help.

Best of luck to you, and if this INGO OC event happens, it would be worth my time to drive down to show my support.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I suggest that you keep in contact with the PO's who are stopping by to check on you. They are aware of the situation and you can relate to them your desire to NOT have to shoot anyone or cause bodily injury. Then, if you would happen to HAVE to do so, they would be able to vouch for you and your desire to not do anything unless you are forced to do anything. This can go a long way during an investigation into a self-defense shooting, should the 'gang' attack you or your family and force you to protect them or yourself.

I also suggest that you start a notebook of every incident, complete with statements and verbage by both parties, so that you have a written report of each incident as they occur. It helps to build credibility, provide accurate statements, and be consistently factual in the face of all of the lies that will be told by others if this situation goes bad for you.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    books

Black bricks and fish hooks? Plz explain.

I would start with the video and seriously think about some type of ballistic shielding on the street side of your house. A few book cases filled with old phone books if nothing else is in the budget.

2x4 cross supports and hardware are cheap for inside exterior doors as a way to barricade against a greater attempt. Might be unsightly but in light of the threats it would provide one more layer to keep the zombies at bay.

Mirrored window film also stops rocks or bricks from just shattering windows.

Good luck, hopefully the kid isn't going to do more than run his mouth once he is done with house arrest.

Unfortunately there will always be some retard causing trouble.

Stay safe.

Top Bottom