Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's not a surgical mask. This is:

View attachment 125024
    30098854-8464195-Fired_up_Dr_Megan_Hall_a_pediatrician_in_South_Carolina_hit_out_-m-48_1593195239036.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    You know what else a mask restricts? Oxygen. Oxygen needed for the brain to function properly.

Thus the introduction of "Karens" into the viral video world (my apologies to all the more reasonable Karen's and people in general).

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The larger point is, a surgical mask is as acceptable as a cloth gaiter in terms of mandates, when you need something far more capable to really be effective.

Mandates without standards are political theater.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Exactly.
    The silly masks that Karen makes in her basement should only be worn to let others know you are an idiot.
    or because we are required to. that is the only time i wear one. maybe it won't kill me, but it does cause discomfort, I have a rash on my face, my eyes burn, my lips are chapped and my glasses fog up. i do get shortness of breath and it makes me anxious. over it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly.
    The silly masks that Karen makes in her basement should only be worn to let others know you are an idiot.

Yeah those have been proven to not offer much protection.

But to be fair we shouldn't make fun of people who made those masks.
    I know a lot of people who started making those back in early 2020 when first responders and hospitals had a lack of PPE.
    People made them for others out of compassion and gave them away for free.
    I think it's a beautiful thing.

I myself received several from strangers at a time where it was hard to get surgical masks.

I never used them but it was a kind gesture.
    Folks even started to 3D print visors for hospitals.

That's what we should see.People coming together to help eachother out of kindness.

Making fun of someone for wearing a mask, or not wearing a mask leads nowhere.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That's not a surgical mask. This is:

View attachment 125024

They are basically paper, intended to stop body fluids, not germs.
    I have never had a procedure done by someone just wearing this, unless it was something simple done in a standard room. Normally it's a larger tie on style or combination of 2 with a face shield.

Your statement of body fluids I agree with, but the body fluids are what carry the germs (not all germs but the ones they are intended to stop).

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It does not. We need science, not the teeth talk of the gun shop.

Wear a mask, you will not suffocate.

Stop telling everyone to wear a mask. Show me the “science” that proves a mask does anything to protect others. Show me the statistics to back it up. Why do areas that are heavily pro mask have higher cases than areas that are anti masks if they are so effective and efficient at stopping the spread of viruses? I’ve asked that twice and still haven’t gotten an answer, all I’ve gotten is the repeated “people need to be more educated”... well then educate me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Stop telling everyone to wear a mask. Show me the “science” that proves a mask does anything to protect others. Show me the statistics to back it up. Why do areas that are heavily pro mask have higher cases than areas that are anti masks if they are so effective and efficient at stopping the spread of viruses? I’ve asked that twice and still haven’t gotten an answer, all I’ve gotten is the repeated “people need to be more educated”... well then educate me.
    I don't have a science answer. But I sure wouldn't believe any of the numbers being put out. I think you would have to compare an area with a certain population density, to another of the same population density. Not just population vs population.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Everyone cool with this?

Haha, I'm not cool with anything that clown Fauci says. I'm also not convinced everything will be going back to normal. To much power to be gained.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Everyone should wear a mask.

2. This proves my point that people do not even understand the germ theory of disease. You want a study about source control? Holy crap are we in for multiple pandemics. It is why surgeons wears masks to stop them from spitting into the patients. So, wear your mask so you do not spit on others.

3. There are a myriad of studies both in the private medical field and in government across the world (the Germans, big surprise, were on top of this sub-field), but if you want to start, here you go, and don't forget to wear your mask so we fight the virus instead of aiding and abetting it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    1. Everyone should wear a mask.

2. This proves my point that people do not even understand the germ theory of disease. You want a study about source control? Holy crap are we in for multiple pandemics. It is why surgeons wears masks to stop them from spitting into the patients. So, wear your mask so you do not spit on others.

3. There are a myriad of studies both in the private medical field and in government across the world (the Germans, big surprise, were on top of this sub-field), but if you want to start, here you go, and don't forget to wear your mask so we fight the virus instead of aiding and abetting it.

1. Just because you believe you know what is good for everyone doesn’t make it so.

2. A surgeon standing over an open orifice in my body for hours at a time is way different than me buying a frozen pizza in the frozen foods section of Kroger.

3. Quality of sources over Quantity. Don’t post 10 sites to make your point, give me 1 source that proves heavily masked areas in America have lower transmission rates than areas that are unmasked.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. This isn't about politics. It is about science. You want to turn this into some True Scotsman badge. It is not. It is about combatting a pandemic. We have had the anti-maskers during each pandemic. They are obsessed over politics and they are wrong.

2. It is still source control. If someone sneezes on the freezer handle then the chances of you being infected when grabbing a Red Baron are higher. With a mask it is lower.

3. Read. Read the studies and learn about the germ theory of disease. Learn how the body works. Learn how viruses are transmitted. Learn what we can do to lower the risk instead of feckless posturing for political purposes.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just wear a mask? :dunno:
    I imagine wearing a mask would be perfectly acceptable, and probably not wearing one as well. If you are fine with the risk involved why is it others problem. Now if the mask is required and he refuses that is a different issue. He could be worried that the event won't be allowed to happen, but that's a different issue with overreach. IMO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom