• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So if it's live and let live when it comes to wearing masks, is it the same for standing/sitting or being quiet/talking during the National Anthem?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    1. Just because you believe you know what is good for everyone doesn’t make it so.

2. A surgeon standing over an open orifice in my body for hours at a time is way different than me buying a frozen pizza in the frozen foods section of Kroger.

3. Quality of sources over Quantity. Don’t post 10 sites to make your point, give me 1 source that proves heavily masked areas in America have lower transmission rates than areas that are unmasked.
    You read all those studies in 6 minutes? Wow!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You still don't get it. For Jetta to be safe, EVERYONE ELSE has to weak a mask!
    Page 206 and you still haven't gotten this one down????

Com'on man!
    No, I get it. In order for Jetta to be safe, everyone has to do exactly as he wants them to so he feels safe.

Also, only using Jetta because you did, this isn’t saying he demands people do as he says... just using the name given in the comment.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You read all those studies in 6 minutes? Wow!
    The virus has been here for over a year now. I don’t need to read 10 links at this point. We’ve all read studies that contradict each other. Not to mention, the “studies” only referenced what he wanted me to read, not what I asked him to provide.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    1613006242652.png 1613006260934.png 1613006280414.png 1613006303796.png
    1613006322262.png 1613006341546.png
    1613006368699.png 1613006388477.png
    1613006433865.png 1613006485136.png

Why don’t masks work on the general public? For one, if you read the fine print on most consumer masks you will see something along the line of “not intended for medical purposes and has not been tested to reduce the transmission of disease.” Masks can work well when they’re fully sealed, properly fitted, changed often, and have a filter designed for virus-sized particles. This represents none of the common masks available on the consumer market, making universal masking much more of a confidence trick than a medical solution.

If we actually wanted effective masks, then manufacturers should be conducting scientific tests evaluating masks specifically for their ability to reduce the spread of coronavirus. The Food and Drug Administration and CDC should be making recommendations on which masks to use and approving masks based on their scientific efficacy rather than promoting the wrapping of any piece of miscellaneous cloth around your face.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The virus has been here for over a year now. I don’t need to read 10 links at this point. We’ve all read studies that contradict each other. Not to mention, the “studies” only referenced what he wanted me to read, not what I asked him to provide.
    ok. I will remember that when asked to prove something with sources :) Not that I didn't already know it. That pretty much goes for everyone posting. I am not gonna post studies. I am going to just make up my own facts!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    ok. I will remember that when asked to prove something with sources :) Not that I didn't already know it. That pretty much goes for everyone posting. I am not gonna post studies. I am going to just make up my own facts!
    You do that anyway? :):

How about Indyblue’s post above? Is that not sufficient enough to disprove all the mask nonsense? Cite all the sources you want, I can find the exact same amount that says the opposite. Which is correct? The ones you want to believe are the ones you will accept as fact, and disregard any that doesn’t agree with your point of view.

Again, the sources he posted didn’t reference the question I asked, so why would I read them? That’d be like you asking for a recipe for meatloaf, and I tell you steak is better and post a recipe for steak instead...

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Faking ‘Science’ to Achieve Political Goals​

These same politicians and health officials are so desperate to make people believe in masks that they doctor charts to make their case, even when their own data actually undermines them. So what is the actual science behind masks? Let’s begin by reviewing the leading scientific studies.

The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University summarized six international studies which “showed that masks alone have no significant effect in interrupting the spread of ILI or influenza in the general population, nor in healthcare workers.” Oxford went on to say that “that despite two decades of pandemic preparedness, there is considerable uncertainty as to the value of wearing masks.” They prophetically warned that this has “left the field wide open for the play of opinions, radical views and political influence.”

A study of health-care workers in more than 1,600 hospitals showed that cloth masks only filtered out 3 percent of particles. An article in the New England Journal of Medicine stated, “[W]earing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection” and that “[T]he desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

There are many other credible studies showing lack of mask efficacy, such as studies published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, Cambridge University Press, Oxford Clinical Infectious Diseases, and Influenza Journal, just to name a few.

Studies do show masks can help in the case of direct respiratory droplets, which would matter if somebody is coughing, breathing, or sneezing directly on your face. That happens normally in a tight and highly confined space.

But the plentiful evidence we have indicates masks would not meaningfully help with aerosol transmission, where two people are just in the same area, or even the same room. This is because the two people end up breathing the same air, with or without a mask, as visually demonstrated in this video.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It is understandable that people want masks to be effective. Masks are easy and visible and give gullible people warm fuzzies.

The problem is they want it so bad they are willing to...
    Ignore the facts
    Make up :poop:
    Demand that others act silly like they do

If you wear a mask that is not tight sealing and not capable of filtering virions you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I just wish people would go about their business and let others do the same. If people honest to god thought if someone wants wearing a mask it was risking their life they wouldn’t approach them to scream at them for not wearing one. It’s a control thing. Nothing more nothing less. Do as I say you should do, for others.

No thanks. I’ll wear it when I feel I need to. Other than that, don’t approach me, I won’t approach you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You still don't get it. For Jetta to be safe, EVERYONE ELSE has to weak a mask!
    Page 206 and you still haven't gotten this one down????

Com'on man!
    Hey - why are calling out me? :dunno:

I've been consistent in stating (A) I don't agree with mandates, (B) I think they are effective, but (C) I'm not going to tell anyone they have to wear one.

For crying out loud, I'm at church every Sunday with with a partial congregation and almost no one (incl. myself) wears a mask.

I wear one at stores and places, and one when in meetings at work.

If you're in the store, and not wearing a mask, you won't even get a dirty look from me.

What I am against is the politicization and lack of grace from all sides.

And here's my opinion: You're not being a savior by yelling at people without their mask, and not being a patriot by refusing to wear one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have abandoned science for politics. We did a miserable job of public education and are paying for it.
    That's not what drives belief. Well. I mean it can, but not so much because of knowledge. Lots of educated people believe some wild ass ****, even contrary to what they've been taught. Intuition drives belief way more than knowledge or ability to reason. At least that's what the scientists have said. You may believe something different.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's not what drives belief. Well. I mean it can, but not so much because of knowledge. Lots of educated people believe some wild ass ****, even contrary to what they've been taught. Intuition drives belief way more than knowledge or ability to reason. At least that's what the scientists have said. You may believe something different.
    I took Kirk's comment as "educating the public" and not referring to grade schools.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hey - why are calling out me? :dunno:

I've been consistent in stating (A) I don't agree with mandates, (B) I think they are effective, but (C) I'm not going to tell anyone they have to wear one.

For crying out loud, I'm at church every Sunday with with a partial congregation and almost no one (incl. myself) wears a mask.

I wear one at stores and places, and one when in meetings at work.

If you're in the store, and not wearing a mask, you won't even get a dirty look from me.

What I am against is the politicization and lack of grace from all sides.

And here's my opinion: You're not being a savior by yelling at people without their mask, and not being a patriot by refusing to wear one.
    Finally, I agree with every bit of this :):

I’m not saying people shouldn’t wear them. I’m just trying to get people to stop demanding others do so. I could care less what anyone does, as long as they aren’t being paid to do a job and using that time to promote their beliefs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you wear a mask that is not tight sealing and not capable of filtering virions you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I using different masks and face covering depending on what I'm doing.

They are not always respirators.

Keep in mind I (not being blessed with American freedom here) can go to jail (up to 6 months I think) for not wearing a mask.

Sometimes I do have to wear "face covering" just to stay legal.

If I go to the beach where I can stay 50 feet away from people I just wear a scarf, especially since it's freezing cold at the moment.

When I go get groceries, where I can stay several feet away from people, and talk to the cashier behind a glass, then I just wear a surgical mask most of the time.

When in close, to very close, contact to other people (also wearing masks) for long periods of time I will wear a FFP2 or FFP3 mask.

Never wearing a mask for any situation is as stupid as always wearing one even when it's not needed (folks alone in their cars).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where is the science that shows wearing masks for prolonged periods of time does not have an adverse affect on your health???

I think that may be more dependent on the person. I've tested my own blood oxygen with and without various masks. It's been awhile since I've run the tests, but I think it dropped about 7 or 8 points with one type of mask, and maybe only 2 or 3 points with another. The worst one was a neck gaiter, which seemed pretty breathable when I first got it, but after several washings, not so much. I'm wondering if the washer gets all the laundry soap out before it dries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom