• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If these people are so terrified..... and are seriously talking about wearing 2 even 3 masks...... why not just stay home.....? Let people who aren’t afraid of the bogey man live.
    The same people that give me dirty looks for not wearing a mask have their mask down below their nose anyhow....... I just smile and carry on.
    I have only worn a mask for doctors visits since all this....... and I have only had two negative experiences one was in South Carolina and one south lake mall ( I was taken there against my will lol )

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Has anyone noticed China has worn masks for years..... yet they are who started all of this ? So how does masking help?
    Also what strikes me as funny is how quickly Americans started bedazzling their muzzles.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's probably an overly "American" viewpoint at least in the case of S. Koreans. They have a more collective world view than individualist. We view the latter in terms of "freedom". I don't think they think of it that way.
    Good point.

It’s just surprising they’re so willing to roll over and follow government orders. If anyone should be willing to fight overreaching governments, it’s those who have lived through them and witnessed it firsthand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good point.

It’s just surprising they’re so willing to roll over and follow government orders. If anyone should be willing to fight overreaching governments, it’s those who have lived through them and witnessed it firsthand.
    I think our level of individualism is an anomaly in the world. It's not one that should be suppressed either. It created a nation that everyone is trying to break into instead of out from.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Has anyone noticed China has worn masks for years..... yet they are who started all of this ? So how does masking help?
    Also what strikes me as funny is how quickly Americans started bedazzling their muzzles.
    Hell, I remember when this first started we were told if we wore masks we were killing doctors and nurses. Now we are told we have to wear 2, and stores are selling masks with logos and phrases on them as a fashion statement. At my annual dermatologist appointment (brother had melanoma so now i gotta be checked annually) he said he doesn’t think we will ever go back to going to hospitals or doctors offices without a mask, because now lawyers are involved and if they allow patients to come without masks and someone catches something they’ll be held liable. I told him if that’s the case I’ll just do virtual appointments and send him pictures of my moles for him to check.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think our level of individualism is an anomaly in the world. It's not one that should be suppressed either. It created a nation that everyone is trying to break into instead of out from.
    We’re still fairly young as a country... give the left a few more years and that may no longer be the case, sadly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You forgot the purple.

I wouldn’t exactly use Korea and Germany as an example of “doing it right”. Their citizens obviously don’t have an understanding of freedom, based on history.

If masks were as effective as you say and believe, why the need to now double mask? Why isn’t every conservative anti mask town seeing higher numbers than mask worshipping liberal areas? How many masks are effective at preventing transmission? 2? 3? More than 3?

I think we should all just purchase bubbles. If you don’t wear your bubble you can’t come into a store. We’ll eat our flinstone vitamins, hop in our bubble, and save our immune systems to fight against more important things, like the common cold.
    We have abandoned science for politics. We did a miserable job of public education and are paying for it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've been able to make it my whole life knowing how not to spit on other people; why is this virus any different? We know asymptomatic spread is possible to some degree, but noone seems to agree on how prevelant it is outside of a few models. It does not appear to be a primary method of spread, despite what we were told early on.

I am not sick, nor have I been sick since this started 11 months ago. I haven't had any trouble staying physically distanced from others when necessary. I wash my hands regularly, cover my face holes when I sneeze and I have never licked a door knob. So how is forcing me to wear a mask helping again? Particularly when there is no universal standard for enforcement around the type of masks required, how often they must be washed or changed out, how they must be worn on the face, etc.

I honestly don't know how anyone can walk around in the real world, think critically about what they see with people's disgusting mask habits and think, "yeah this is helping keep people from getting sick."

It's a freaking joke at this point.
    Covid-19 is completely new. We don't know if it will zig or zag. That's the point.

Many do not think they are sick a la Typhoid Mary. The mask stops you from spitting on your fellow citizens. When you breath, cough, proclaim "meye ryyyeeettts" you are expelling spit. The mask reduces the range of the spit.

The dysfunctional public education is the joke. The lack of leadership, or often toxic leadership, is frustrating people to the point that they are placing politics over science and it is hurting us all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good point.

Fighting a pandemic is not overreaching, long precedent. Before the advent of the Welfare State and vaccines, fighting pandemics was the primary purpose of the government of Indiana.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    We have abandoned science for politics. We did a miserable job of public education and are paying for it.
    What’s the science on masks? I think education is irrelevant, even the box the masks are in says they don’t prevent the spread of viruses. I don’t think a virus with a 99% survival rate is such a big deal we should give government the power to dictate who can work and who can’t, and mandate what people wear.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Covid-19 is completely new. We don't know if it will zig or zag. That's the point.
    Hypotheticals and unknowns are insufficient justification for revoking civil liberties.

Also it's not new, it's a coronavirus, of which there have been many and will be many in the future.

SgtFury

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Memphis
    Is it really that big of a deal to wear mask? It helps prevent the spread. I hear a lot of conspiracy theories, and I am sure there are those who have used this actual event for their own gain...but the illness is real.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    News out today was Buttigieg is talking to the CDC about requiring Covid tests for domestic flights, another worthless response.
    Well, that's going to be fun... I wonder where IND would even have space logistically to set up the rapid testing. I saw that setup at DTW, across the gate from the flight departing for AMS. DTW has the space; smaller airports like IND? It will be... interesting. (And I wonder how much earlier I'll have to arrive for flights.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom