• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    From what I've seen, people who don't wear masks usually mind their own business, and get upset when someone tells them to wear a mask. People who wear masks get upset when they see someone with 100 feet of them not wearing a mask and confront them.

I avoid confrontation because I carry a gun, and so I wear a mask and don't tell other people what to do. I just don't want to end up in a confrontation, and wearing a mask greatly reduces that possibility.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    From what I've seen, people who don't wear masks usually mind their own business, and get upset when someone tells them to wear a mask. People who wear masks get upset when they see someone with 100 feet of them not wearing a mask and confront them.

I avoid confrontation because I carry a gun, and so I wear a mask and don't tell other people what to do. I just don't want to end up in a confrontation, and wearing a mask greatly reduces that possibility.
    I've literally never seen that in person. Ever.

Have you, or are you basing this on videos you saw?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I haven't worn a mask once since all this crap began. Haven't had a single confrontation. I'm sure I've gotten some looks but I could care less about that. Leave me be and I'll do the same.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I haven't worn a mask once since all this crap began. Haven't had a single confrontation. I'm sure I've gotten some looks but I could care less about that. Leave me be and I'll do the same.
    I don't mean to imply it's a common thing, only that the odds of mask-based confrontation based solely on news reports I've seen over the past months seem greater for people who don't wear masks than for people who wear masks. So I like to shift every bit of odds I can in my favor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I get to post this video twice in one day?!

If I see someone without a mask, I assume it's for a couple of reasons:
    A) They have respiratory or claustrophobic issues
    B) They simply don't have one at the moment
    C) They're a "mye rites"/plandemic sort of person

In any of those cases, I don't want to interact with them.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

This is hilarious. Mad because commercials during the super bowl had people that weren’t wearing masks. One of the comments a lady says “I know, especially the Sesame Street commercial... what a wasted opportunity to connect the importance of masks to the younger generations”

WTF?! Mad that puppets weren’t wearing masks?! Sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. Pinch me, I’m in a coma and dreaming the world turned retarded... this can’t be real, people can’t be this dumb

Ummmm......yes they can

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't mean to imply it's a common thing, only that the odds of mask-based confrontation based solely on news reports I've seen over the past months seem greater for people who don't wear masks than for people who wear masks. So I like to shift every bit of odds I can in my favor.
    Seems reasonable... which is a breath of fresh air on INGO sometimes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I haven't witnessed it.

What I've witnessed is masked people talking about people who don't mask, saying they "should" do something, or "should" call the police.
    Every single time I've heard that, I pointed out that they were wearing their mask incorrectly, therefore if they're going to call the police, they should call them on themselves.
    The response I get, "Oh, you're one of THOSE".

Well, I have my mask on, correctly.
    But I guess disagreeing makes the mask disappear.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You're not a whining self-righteous entitled pushy male Karen that thinks he has some sort of calling to hassle other people for not doing what the government says.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I could not care less.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Good. Less crap we have to deal with so stay away OK.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At this point, anybody that thinks a mask is doing anything to prevent the spread of the China virus, get back to me, I have a couple of bridges you might be interested in.

We are how many months into this and the Wuhan flu is still here, mask or not. Time to get back to life as we once knew it. Some people will get sick. Some will have long term effects. Some will die. Accept the reality of the situation we are in and move on already. Enough of the BS.
    SD4L, pick up the white courtesy phone for a message! ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Approaching 500,000 dead and we are calling a Global Pandemic a "scam" and bragging about not wearing a mask to reduce the chance that we spit on our fellow citizens? Not understanding the germ theory of disease is some True Scotsman test?

So much of this suffering is self-inflicted by people thinking that this is some kind of political purity test. If only we had gotten on top of it like RoK or even Germany. Instead of beating our chests, licking doorknobs and equating freedom with endangering others.

You should wear a mask when around others so you do not spit on your fellow citizens, not to show your fealty to Biden or any such brain worm nonsense. The fact that this basic science is so hotly contested shows what a miserable job of education we have done in the schools and since the pandemic.
    RoK's CFR analog calculated by worldometers data is 1.82%, Germany's is 2.75% - ours is 1.72%. Why, exactly, do we want to be more like them, again?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I haven't witnessed it.

What I've witnessed is masked people talking about people who don't mask, saying they "should" do something, or "should" call the police.
    Every single time I've heard that, I pointed out that they were wearing their mask incorrectly, therefore if they're going to call the police, they should call them on themselves.
    The response I get, "Oh, you're one of THOSE".

Well, I have my mask on, correctly.
    But I guess disagreeing makes the mask disappear.
    What they mean is “if you won’t call the government on your fellow citizen, you’re against me” ie “one of those”

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Approaching 500,000 dead and we are calling a Global Pandemic a "scam" and bragging about not wearing a mask to reduce the chance that we spit on our fellow citizens? Not understanding the germ theory of disease is some True Scotsman test?

So much of this suffering is self-inflicted by people thinking that this is some kind of political purity test. If only we had gotten on top of it like RoK or even Germany. Instead of beating our chests, licking doorknobs and equating freedom with endangering others.

You should wear a mask when around others so you do not spit on your fellow citizens, not to show your fealty to Biden or any such brain worm nonsense. The fact that this basic science is so hotly contested shows what a miserable job of education we have done in the schools and since the pandemic.
    You forgot the purple.

I wouldn’t exactly use Korea and Germany as an example of “doing it right”. Their citizens obviously don’t have an understanding of freedom, based on history.

If masks were as effective as you say and believe, why the need to now double mask? Why isn’t every conservative anti mask town seeing higher numbers than mask worshipping liberal areas? How many masks are effective at preventing transmission? 2? 3? More than 3?

I think we should all just purchase bubbles. If you don’t wear your bubble you can’t come into a store. We’ll eat our flinstone vitamins, hop in our bubble, and save our immune systems to fight against more important things, like the common cold.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Ya... because damn those “mye rights” people... they’re some horrible people that should be avoided at all costs... amirite?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You forgot the purple.

I wouldn’t exactly use Korea and Germany as an example of “doing it right”. Their citizens obviously don’t have an understanding of freedom, based on history.

If masks were as effective as you say and believe, why the need to now double mask? Why isn’t every conservative anti mask town seeing higher numbers than mask worshipping liberal areas? How many masks are effective at preventing transmission? 2? 3? More than 3?

I think we should all just purchase bubbles. If you don’t wear your bubble you can’t come into a store. We’ll eat our flinstone vitamins, hop in our bubble, and save our immune systems to fight against more important things, like the common cold.
    That's probably an overly "American" viewpoint at least in the case of S. Koreans. They have a more collective world view than individualist. We view the latter in terms of "freedom". I don't think they think of it that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom