• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My daughter turned crazy when she moved to Chicago 3 years ago. Last February, she moved to LA, which removed any common sense that I tried to instill in her.. She just sent me this:
    4e50005cffe9d38c9ef5b65742b4dd9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

How about people just mind their own business and be kind to everybody, regardless of what people choose to wear?
    And that's not just true for masks, but also skirts, yarmulkes, yoga pants, berets ,hijabs etc ...

See someone with a mask? Mind your own business, you don't even need to know why they want/need to wear one.

See someone without a mask? Same thing.

Just don't talk to random people on the street.They don't need to hear your opinion on masks (on anything really).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The employees had them but most were pulled down on the chins.
    WE are over the lies.
    I think stores like Lowes, or Meijer, or really anything in a larger building should never have required masks. I think they'd tend to be a lot like outdoors where the airflow is typically decent and it's very open.

A study came out recently that quantified exposure time and viral load required to infect people. And basically, in a wide open environment like that, you're just not gonna be there long enough to get enough virus to infect you. Now, if you're cooped up in a small room for many hours with someone who has it, you're probably going to get infected.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My daughter turned crazy when she moved to Chicago 3 years ago. Last February, she moved to LA, which removed any common sense that I tried to instill in her.. She just sent me this:
    4e50005cffe9d38c9ef5b65742b4dd9b.jpg

The biggest problem I have with this is what else it implies. Please be kind to those people. Because they're not worthy of your scorn like the other people are. Why would I go up to someone and be mean to them just because behaving in a way I don't agree with? I may think they're nuts, or have CDS, but I'm not going to go up to them and ridicule them to their face. That would be rude. That would indeed be unkind. I'll just keep my opinions to myself, like my mamma taught me to do.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I live in Marion County (unfortunately). My wife and I have been on opposite viewpoints of the whole thing. She’s happy to play along, being successfully indoctrinated by the MSM. Once I figured out it was all a sham in April/May of last year, I called it for the horrible social and economic impacts it was going to have for the country. We came to an agreement that she would do her thing, and I would do mine.

Fast forward to yesterday, and we went out shopping as we very rarely get time alone to do so. We went to Costco in Indy, and I played the game, so I could spend time with her. I pointed out all the folks that were either not wearing masks, not wearing an actual adequate mask (everyone,) and those who weren’t wearing it with any semblance of effectiveness (which again, was all of them.). She was nonplussed.

Next stop was Pottery Barn, and I told her to “watch this,” and she said, “at least act like you care about their rules.” I replied that I would do my best. Now mind you, this store is in Marion County as well, but much less stringent on masks. I did not wear one the entire trip in the store, but she wore in through the door. She quickly removed it once we were inside and shopping. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow and commented that it must be easier to breathe and it’s nowhere near as scary as not having the mythical force field on your face... she just gave me a smart-aleck smirk and punched me in my left shoulder. I remarked that the punch may have been a little painful if I had subjected myself to the experimental drug injection.

The last stop of the day was Wal-Mart. I specifically drove to the one just south of County Line Road, in Johnson County, which does not require masks. We both walked in the door, heads held high, faces full of fresh Wal-Mart hoodrat air, and strolled through the store, unaccosted by mask nazis. Upon exiting the store, I remarked how crazy it was that covid stopped dead in it’s tracks at the county line. Truly amazing how intelligent the deadliest virus in the world is. She had no retort.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I live in Marion County (unfortunately). My wife and I have been on opposite viewpoints of the whole thing. She’s happy to play along, being successfully indoctrinated by the MSM. Once I figured out it was all a sham in April/May of last year, I called it for the horrible social and economic impacts it was going to have for the country. We came to an agreement that she would do her thing, and I would do mine.

Fast forward to yesterday, and we went out shopping as we very rarely get time alone to do so. We went to Costco in Indy, and I played the game, so I could spend time with her. I pointed out all the folks that were either not wearing masks, not wearing an actual adequate mask (everyone,) and those who weren’t wearing it with any semblance of effectiveness (which again, was all of them.). She was nonplussed.

Next stop was Pottery Barn, and I told her to “watch this,” and she said, “at least act like you care about their rules.” I replied that I would do my best. Now mind you, this store is in Marion County as well, but much less stringent on masks. I did not wear one the entire trip in the store, but she wore in through the door. She quickly removed it once we were inside and shopping. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow and commented that it must be easier to breathe and it’s nowhere near as scary as not having the mythical force field on your face... she just gave me a smart-aleck smirk and punched me in my left shoulder. I remarked that the punch may have been a little painful if I had subjected myself to the experimental drug injection.

The last stop of the day was Wal-Mart. I specifically drove to the one just south of County Line Road, in Johnson County, which does not require masks. We both walked in the door, heads held high, faces full of fresh Wal-Mart hoodrat air, and strolled through the store, unaccosted by mask nazis. Upon exiting the store, I remarked how crazy it was that covid stopped dead in it’s tracks at the county line. Truly amazing how intelligent the deadliest virus in the world is. She had no retort.
    My sympathy's to you sir. You are far more understanding than I would ever be. But good on you for it.

I am so fortunate that CKW and I are pretty much like minded in most things. We have our differences and as with most disagreements she usually ends up on the positive side in the end as we tend to listen to each other. Not a day goes by that she does not have an impact on my thought process either good or bad. But in this idiotic Scamdemic she has stood steadfast in my camp on this. It is a ****ed up lie. And SSsoooooooo many idiots are still locked in full stupid over it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    How about people just mind their own business and be kind to everybody, regardless of what people choose to wear?
    And that's not just true for masks, but also skirts, yarmulkes, yoga pants, berets ,hijabs etc ...

See someone with a mask? Mind your own business, you don't even need to know why they want/need to wear one.

Just don't talk to random people on the street.They don't need to hear your opinion on masks (on anything really).
    Knowing my daughter and her kind, the meme was intended as an implication that I and my kind are mean, and would most likely be accosting random strangers for wearing masks.

But on the contrary, when, for example, I see or hear someone worrying about the people in the crowd at the PGA Championship being too close together on beautiful sunny, windy South Carolina day, I wouldn't think about pointing out their folly. I wait for a quiet time and only then giggle my ************* head off.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My employer ran around and put up a new round of signs notifying everyone that masks a STILL required regardless of vaccination status because we've been very bad boys and girls who haven't gotten the vaccine at the rates they wanted to see. :rolleyes:

I've never worn one at work. My coworkers don't wear them. None of the people who actually work in the field wear them. There's a small mask cult in the admins but the rest of us are done with it. They can put up all the signs they want, masks are over.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Eh, I think it's maybe a little hyperbolic to frame this in such binary terms, as a sort of all or nothing. There should be plenty of space in between to resolve that one can think it's not oppression/slavery to require masks, and still not agree with requiring masks.

The point was to point out the mocking and ridicule of opposing points as opposed to an exchange of ideas.

That in and of itself is "binary". It sets the stage for the sole existence of diametrically opposed positions, and nothing else [e.g. no middle ground].

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I can agree with everything, except what I bolded/italicized. I'll talk to just about anyone, maybe not about masks but... And maybe not about the yoga pants, well actual yoga pants I probably agree. Those leggings that people call "yoga pants", sometimes something should probably be said. When I can count the hairs on places that are generally covered, or I hear the fabric screaming in pain from a couple of blocks away...

The biggest problem I have with this is what else it implies. Please be kind to those people. Because they're not worthy of your scorn like the other people are. Why would I go up to someone and be mean to them just because behaving in a way I don't agree with? I may think they're nuts, or have CDS, but I'm not going to go up to them and ridicule them to their face. That would be rude. That would indeed be unkind. I'll just keep my opinions to myself, like my mamma taught me to do.
    They are projecting, they believe that they should and do (or at least want to) accost people for not wearing masks. And by extention they think those who do not wear masks feel the same about those who do.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, that's what they are.

Gonna add something here about left versus right.
    Any society, any civilization, stands or falls on what is right and wrong. Left versus right neuters right versus wrong and takes down your culture: Collapse from within.
    You really don't have to facilitate your own destruction.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Burn it man.
    The wife & I were at Louisville Tile today & of course we had both put on our mask before we went in as we would going into any public place.
    After being in the store sorting through backsplash tiles, I realized that the nice lady helping us & her fellow worker didn't have mask on.
    I laughed & said, I guess we don't have to wear our masks in here.
    She said no, the company had just mandated that they didn't have to do so in the store anymore.

After I had put my mask into my pocket, it was priceless to see the expression on the wife's face (ok, just her eyes), as I sat there maskless. :laugh:
    The researched article I read here this am gave me confidence that I wasn't going to pick up a virus for the wife. :coffee:

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    I've gotta say, I haven't worn a mask once thru all this ******** and really the only place that pissed me off was Menards. They followed me thru the store badgering me about wearing a mask, but never actually asked me to leave. This happened before face diapers were mandated, and when menards made it their policy. Will never shop there again

Other than that, I've never been asked to wear a mask or refused service. I've gotten some stink eye from patrons, but never encountered a screaming Karen.

Definitely nice seeing more and more faces, each weekend, when I'm running my errands!

Countless times when a customer would walk thru the door with a mask on, I would let them know they dont need to wear it of they dont want too. 95% of the time I was thanked and the customer pulled their mask down.

I think most that wore the mask, wore it for fear of repercussions and not wanting any conflict, rather than fear of the virus
    Same here.

In March and April of 2020, I was pretty scared of Covid. Then, in late April, a co-worker got full blown Covid. He was in the ICU on a ventilator for quite some time. At work, he was visibly very ill. He was sneezing and coughing all over everything. Despite there being a dozen of us in the small 20 ft by 30 ft room with this man for 12 hours, NONE of us got Covid. That is when I saw that this was really not as bad as they were making it out to be. Since May 2020, I have lived normally, and will not go back. I have ZERO fear of this Covid.

I only had one Karen confront me, but she did not make a huge scene.
    She just said "You know you could kill people by not wearing a mask?"
    I said "how?"
    She said "by spreading the virus".
    I told here that "I can't spread what I don't have".
    She walked away.

I will never shop at Menards again also.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The wife & I were at Louisville Tile today & of course we had both put on our mask before we went in as we would going into any public place.
    After being in the store sorting through backsplash tiles, I realized that the nice lady helping us & her fellow worker didn't have mask on.
    I laughed & said, I guess we don't have to wear our masks in here.
    She said no, the company had just mandated that they didn't have to do so in the store anymore.

After I had put my mask into my pocket, it was priceless to see the expression on the wife's face (ok, just her eyes), as I sat there maskless. :laugh:
    The researched article I read here this am gave me confidence that I wasn't going to pick up a virus for the wife. :coffee:
    My friend this info has been available since that start of this insanity.
    I understand protection of cherished loved ones I really do. My daughter is that way with the 14 year old as she has her share of issues. And I respect it for them both.

Here is the thing Amigo, I found out my blood carry's the antibody's pretty much by accident. I was dog sick end of December early January before Pelosi got her claws into this and the money started pushing the agenda. I was dog ass sick.
    But I have a compromised immune system so even a simple cold kicks my keister hard. Turns out I apparently had the Dreaded world ending everybody hide C-19. News flash.....no one around me caught it. No one and we are a close nit group. CKW has some immune issues as well and NADA. Nothing. The terrorists took care of me while I was sick as they always do......Nada. Daughter was here every day as usual and nope......NADA. Her significant other as well.....nope. Nothing.
    So I call a major Bull **** play on us. Yes people died. But people die from the flu all the damned time. The numbers were fudged. On purpose for monetary and political reasons.

**** all this happy horse ****. Those bastards stole over a year from us. they completely screwed up the work force. Stifled a bitching economy. Put suicides on a serious rise along with mental health/rage issues. So burn the damned masks. Stand up and be free again before we loose what little we have left.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Same here.

In March and April of 2020, I was pretty scared of Covid. Then, in late April, a co-worker got full blown Covid. He was in the ICU on a ventilator for quite some time. At work, he was visibly very ill. He was sneezing and coughing all over everything. Despite there being a dozen of us in the small 20 ft by 30 ft room with this man for 12 hours, NONE of us got Covid. That is when I saw that this was really not as bad as they were making it out to be. Since May 2020, I have lived normally, and will not go back. I have ZERO fear of this Covid.

I only had one Karen confront me, but she did not make a huge scene.
    She just said "You know you could kill people by not wearing a mask?"
    I said "how?"
    She said "by spreading the virus".
    I told here that "I can't spread what I don't have".
    She walked away.

I will never shop at Menards again also.
    That’s the problem with CDS. People become deluded into strongly believing that not wearing masks put everyone else in danger as if wearing them doesn’t.

Top Bottom