• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I spent a little time driving around today, windows down, music blaring, wind in my hair. I saw a lot of people walking around neighborhoods enjoying the day. I was a little mystified at how many people I saw walking outside in 70 degree sunshine with masks on despite being nowhere near anyone else.

It wasn't a majority by any means, but it was more than zero. I just don't understand what goes through someone's head to think that's necessary. Do they think there are just clouds of COVID blowing around? It's ludicrous.
    Sheep are going to sheep. When critical thought is abandoned this us what you get.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Food for thought:

1. The videos out of China had people falling down dead in the street. Did anyone see that here?

2. There were videos of Chinese authorities dragging people out of their homes and conversely, boarding people up INSIDE their homes. Which one is it?

3. The Chinese population has been wearing cloth masks for over a decade due to smog and pollution. They either caught the ‘Rona in mass numbers (according to cell phone contract cancellations and cremation urns) or they only had a few thousand deaths (per the government). Which one is it?

4. The virus itself is scientifically-proven to be smaller than anything smaller than the N95 particulate mask would be an acceptable barrier against. Yet cloth mask were deemed “better than nothing” and all those professional N95 masks were saved for frontline workers and healthcare professionals. Tell me again how many hospitals were overrun and how may doctors were let go due to low patient numbers? How many hospital ships and temporary tent hospitals were used for the overflow?

5. Did anyone bother to ask John Hopkins University why they just happened to have a global tracking map up and ready to go when this thing kicked off?

6. Why did the statistical reporting change from “deaths” to “cases?”

7. Why are professional athletes allowed to play without masks on the field but you have to wear one in your cubicle?

8. Why is the Bill Gates “Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria” receiving $3.75 billion dollars of taxpayer money (allocated out of the $1.9 trillion “American Rescue Plan”)?

These are just a few thoughts off the top of my head. But one should really ask, “How has this “pandemic” benefited those in power?”

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Don't you know it's mean to infringe upon comfort zones like that?
    Yah big ol' internet meany!
    :lmfao:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You have hit on the crux of the issue. They don't just want to control their own destiny, they want their pea brained ideas controlling everyone. It's always been about control and they are livid when they feel it slipping away.
    Mayor Hogsett announces that Marion County will not rescind mask mandate and capacity restrictions.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Mayor Hogsett announces that Marion County will not rescind mask mandate and capacity restrictions.

Mayor Hogsett says while the city is reaching goals like a lower positivity rate and lower cases, Indianapolis needs more time before restrictions are lifted. He said that time is to allow more people to get vaccinated.

But in the mean time, he said people still need to wear masks, practice social distancing as well as good hygiene.
    Of course, none of that applies to the hordes of homeless people that have taken over downtown.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I spent a little time driving around today, windows down, music blaring, wind in my hair. I saw a lot of people walking around neighborhoods enjoying the day. I was a little mystified at how many people I saw walking outside in 70 degree sunshine with masks on despite being nowhere near anyone else.

It wasn't a majority by any means, but it was more than zero. I just don't understand what goes through someone's head to think that's necessary. Do they think there are just clouds of COVID blowing around? It's ludicrous.
    Observations that are interesting to me, at least, from my current trip to OC, CA. More people are out and about now. When I take my normal walking route in the evening, the outdoor mall is much busier. I see most people still wearing masks (at an outdoor, open air mall), yet at the same time, completely ignoring the signage indicating to walk on the right side. So, the thing that actually helps mitigate any possible transmission by ensuring social distancing is ignored, while simultaneously maintaining the particularly pointless (outdoor, open air) practice of mask-wearing.

Fascinating.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Observations that are interesting to me, at least, from my current trip to OC, CA. More people are out and about now. When I take my normal walking route in the evening, the outdoor mall is much busier. I see most people still wearing masks (at an outdoor, open air mall), yet at the same time, completely ignoring the signage indicating to walk on the right side. So, the thing that actually helps mitigate any possible transmission by ensuring social distancing is ignored, while simultaneously maintaining the particularly pointless (outdoor, open air) practice of mask-wearing.

Fascinating.
    It really has become a magic talisman security blanket...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Fascinating.
    What virtue is there to signal with that? They should sell masks with accompanying neon halo. Of course they'd have to rig up some kind of solar power apparatus to power the thing.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

No worries, my money spends fine outside of Marion County.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Fascinating.
    Sheep aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    No worries, my money spends fine outside of Marion County.
    We will see Marion County Board of Health pressuring the donut counties to require masks due to businesses complaining about unfair competition. This will be interesting to see what donut counties decide.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe they're just asserting their right to walk on whichever side they want.
    Could be. It still doesn't make sense that they are still diapering their faces, which does NOT work, while asserting their rights by refraining to do something that actually would help.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Could be. It still doesn't make sense that they are still diapering their faces, which does NOT work, while asserting their rights by refraining to do something that actually would help.
    That's the thing about asserting rights - they don't always follow logic and reasoning.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    We will see Marion County Board of Health pressuring the donut counties to require masks due to businesses complaining about unfair competition. This will be interesting to see what donut counties decide.
    This is a good point. I live in Hamilton County and 96th St. is the dividing line with Marion county. Back when this started, before the statewide mask mandate, Marion Co. had a mask mandate but Hamilton didn't. Guess which side of 96th St. I shopped on.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

As if the public health people will ever willingly give up their little dictatorship.

Top Bottom