• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've heard that's a good way to make INGOers heads explode

I knew a guy who got a flu shot and was dead less than a month after. He was killed by a drunk driver, which I've learned on INGO, is a victimless crime... unless of course there is a victim, which in this case there was... who had recently had a flu shot.

Don't be a victim, avoid flu shots!

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I knew a guy who got a flu shot and was dead less than a month after. He was killed by a drunk driver, which I've learned on INGO, is a victimless crime... unless of course there is a victim, which in this case there was... who had recently had a flu shot.

Don't be a victim, avoid flu shots!

Mind. BLOWN!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Also, and I realize this is a bit off topic, but I get a flu shot every year and I've never had the flu.

I've also been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and hepatitis B... oddly, I've also never had any of these diseases. :scratch:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Also, and I realize this is a bit off topic, but I get a flu shot every year and I've never had the flu.

I've also been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and hepatitis B... oddly, I've also never had any of these diseases. :scratch:

Merely a coincidence.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The thing is...I've literally been in the lab and have done tests on Afluria. I literally know for a fact what is in it...but it doesn't even matter.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    keep-calm-and-get-a-flu-shot.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I second this , every time I get a flu shot I get sick as a dog, so I don't get them anymore just not worth the risk.

usually it's for a day or two. Your body thinks you have the flu since it sees the proteins and mounts an immune response. Fevers, chills, body aches, etc. All part of the joy of creating antibodies. It means your shot works.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I used to think I knew flu shots were BS. I never get the flu so why have one mentality. Then I watched a documentary on immunizations and it caused me to rethink it. So I asked my trusted 30+ year nurse friend, my family Dr and another well seasoned nurse. All agree that the flu immunization works very well, is safe and they suggest getting one every year. They also suggest the same on the shingles immunization. :twocents: So I have had a flu shot and had zero side effects. The needle is very tiny and you almost feel nothing. All of the flu shots are the same wheather your doctor gives it to you or you go to a Kroger pharmacy. Same stuff. I used Kroger because they have the ability to tell you immediately if there is a fee. My meger insurance covered it 100%. With no insurance the cost is between $16 at Sams and $35 at CVS. If you have not had the flu you are not a bad Jose, just lucky.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Last year I was badly sick with the flu for over 3 weeks, like hospitalized sick. Bad deal.

I got the shot Monday morning, the first one in 15 years. As I remember, that one made me sick. This shot also made me sick. By 6pm Monday I felt terrible, and weak. Tuesday I could barely function, spent the day napping, never leaving the house. I ached EVERYWHERE. Even the backs of my fingernails hurt. Wednesday I started feeling some better, and ran some errands. Even well dressed, I could not stay warm. (which in fairness, I have serious heart desease, so that affects my cold endurance also) Today, I am still feeling sluggish and my joints hurt. Never got a temperature or upset stomach.

If I end up getting the flu this year, in spite of the difficulty dealing with the vaccination, this year will be the last flu shot I ever receive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom