• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    No. I got the shots for a lot of years and often got sick soon after. I don't go 'mingle' that much anymore and I've had the flu once in the last decade and it only lasted a day. So for me anyway the choice is pay to get a shot and get sick or stay home and don't.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    No. I got the shots for a lot of years and often got sick soon after. I don't go 'mingle' that much anymore and I've had the flu once in the last decade and it only lasted a day. So for me anyway the choice is pay to get a shot and get sick or stay home and don't.

Was your case confirmed as influenza? What were your symptoms?

What symptoms do you experience after getting the flu shot?

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Was your case confirmed as influenza? What were your symptoms?

What symptoms do you experience after getting the flu shot?

I know you're not asking me here, but you didn't ask me when I posted so I'll answer you now. :p

Back when N1-H1 was the hip thing, I got the shot for that was for that bug. I felt crappy for about a week after I got the shot, which seems fairly normal. 3-4 weeks later, I came down with the flu. I went and paid a doctor to tell me I had a confirmed case of N1-H1. I told him I had gotten the shot, and he told me that the shot is only about 50% effective.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I know you're not asking me here, but you didn't ask me when I posted so I'll answer you now. :p

Back when N1-H1 was the hip thing, I got the shot for that was for that bug. I felt crappy for about a week after I got the shot, which seems fairly normal. 3-4 weeks later, I came down with the flu. I went and paid a doctor to tell me I had a confirmed case of N1-H1. I told him I had gotten the shot, and he told me that the shot is only about 50% effective.

NO BODY ASKED YOU! :p

Honestly though, what I'm really trying to get at is the level of misinformation and ignorance out there.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    NO BODY ASKED YOU! :p

Honestly though, what I'm really trying to get at is the level of misinformation and ignorance out there.

I'll agree with that. It's crazy how many people just don't understand what the flu really is. I've noticed a lot of times in the winter if someone gets a cold, they call it the flu. When I had the flu, I was so sore I could barely move, I think I was hallucinating at one point, and cant remember most of that ~week. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'll agree with that. It's crazy how many people just don't understand what the flu really is. I've noticed a lot of times in the winter if someone gets a cold, they call it the flu. When I had the flu, I was so sore I could barely move, I think I was hallucinating at one point, and cant remember most of that ~week. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Oh yeah. Stomach flu, flu bug, etc. Any sickness is called a flu by so many people. I've never had the flu but like you said...it's serious business and people DO die.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

It's highly unlikely that you had an actual influenza infection that only lasted a day. It was probably something else.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

What were the symptoms, Thor?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I finally got my flu shot last week and it gave me ****ing EBOLA!! Fortunately it was only a mild 24hr Ebola, but unfortunately it still killed me... May I rest in peace.

Don't get flu shots, they will kill you with Ebola!!!!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I finally got my flu shot last week and it gave me ****ing EBOLA!! Fortunately it was only a mild 24hr Ebola, but unfortunately it still killed me... May I rest in peace.

A year ago if you'd told me that you'd troll me more than anyone else, I wouldn't have believed it. Why must you do this to me, chez? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I do not want Ebola so will not get the flu shot!! Thanks for the warning!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A year ago if you'd told me that you'd troll me more than anyone else, I wouldn't have believed it. Why must you do this to me, chez? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!

Ha! Nothing I've said is any more ridiculous than some of the other posts in this thread. The difference is you know that I'm only posting stuff to torment you. :p

Top Bottom