Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WOW! A libertarian circle jerk! Can I play? Woke up too early, checked e-mail, cleaned up an old rarely used acct (which I give out when I don't want to be bothered with junk). Checked CNN for the latest trivial happenings, then google fu'd some auto dealer inventory to not find what I was looking for and tried a 'live chat' where the guy checked inventory for me and found nada but tried to get my info 'just-in-case.' Then I came here which I do with decreasing frequency and found this thread.
    To answer your question, All of the above, and yes, I'm happy for what I voted for if only because this president appeals to my sense of skepticism about how Washington works, and can appeal to my sense of reason. IRS scam? Most of these groups don't deserve tax free status and that should apply to either side of the aisle. Benghazi wasn't pretty, but not a deal breaker. Obamacare tries to solve a shameful problem for a first world country. We already pay for everyone's healthcare whether we realize it or not. Let's make everyone contribute that can. Being prez is a tough job. Dealing with legislators in districts that have been gerrymandered into partisan enclaves makes compromise impossible, and short term interests prime e.g., getting re-elected. Has he made mistakes, yes! Is he trying to do the right thing? Yes. Does he speak to me like an adult? Yes. Is he a great politician? No! He doesn't use his power to sway the opposition. Is he aloof and entitled? I would say he doesn't stoop to the game and this works against him for getting his policies through (he's no LBJ). He's more professorial than confrontational. There's a little there for everyone to like/hate. Got Osama, NSA snooping, stayed out of wars that are unwinnable, etc. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I really believe what I'm saying. I could stay out of this, but what fun is it just talking to yerselves.......OK, I'm done. Shoot me. :D

In the end we all vote for who and what we believe in. That is your right to do so. It is my right to agree or disagree but not to condemn you or anyone else for using that right as you see fit.

JMHO....Barry is not a good pres. We have not had a "Good" one for such a long time.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    WOW! A libertarian circle jerk! Can I play? Woke up too early, checked e-mail, cleaned up an old rarely used acct (which I give out when I don't want to be bothered with junk). Checked CNN for the latest trivial happenings, then google fu'd some auto dealer inventory to not find what I was looking for and tried a 'live chat' where the guy checked inventory for me and found nada but tried to get my info 'just-in-case.' Then I came here which I do with decreasing frequency and found this thread.
    To answer your question, All of the above, and yes, I'm happy for what I voted for if only because this president appeals to my sense of skepticism about how Washington works, and can appeal to my sense of reason. IRS scam? Most of these groups don't deserve tax free status and that should apply to either side of the aisle. Benghazi wasn't pretty, but not a deal breaker. Obamacare tries to solve a shameful problem for a first world country. We already pay for everyone's healthcare whether we realize it or not. Let's make everyone contribute that can. Being prez is a tough job. Dealing with legislators in districts that have been gerrymandered into partisan enclaves makes compromise impossible, and short term interests prime e.g., getting re-elected. Has he made mistakes, yes! Is he trying to do the right thing? Yes. Does he speak to me like an adult? Yes. Is he a great politician? No! He doesn't use his power to sway the opposition. Is he aloof and entitled? I would say he doesn't stoop to the game and this works against him for getting his policies through (he's no LBJ). He's more professorial than confrontational. There's a little there for everyone to like/hate. Got Osama, NSA snooping, stayed out of wars that are unwinnable, etc. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I really believe what I'm saying. I could stay out of this, but what fun is it just talking to yerselves.......OK, I'm done. Shoot me. :D

"IRS scam? Most of these groups don't deserve tax free status and that should apply to either side of the aisle."

Meanwhile, while right-aligned groups are waiting months and years to get approval, groups aligned with the President politically sail through the process. And you have no problem with that?

" Benghazi wasn't pretty, but not a deal breaker."

The issue with Benghazi isn't so much the incident itself, but blaming it on a random YouTube video, then lying about it repeatedly. Guess you think that's all right.

"Got Osama, NSA snooping, stayed out of wars that are unwinnable, etc. "

I'll give you Osama. But since there's no President in American history that wouldn't have made the attempt, is that really something to brag about?

Unwinnable wars? Why do we have troops in Libya? Syria? Why are we sending riot troops to Egypt? CNN apparently isn't giving you much in the way of news.

Last edited by a moderator:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Please don't anyone post that Obama got Bin Laden. Is there any POTUS who would NOT have given that order?

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Why are all these newer members on here saying well yep I support and love my president no matter what color of a dump he's takin on my countries constitution and wellp if he tells me the sky is green imma gonta believe it because that's my president and the govt would surely never lie to us citizens.

You know what? If you wanna try and blow smoke up your own behind and pretent that its a smurfing fantastic ****ing day then go right ahead and fool yourself. But don't get on here and tell ME the same lies your telling yourself because it just isn't gonna work and I'm done putting up with it and sure have your own damn opinion but when it causes you to support a traitor to my country then go pound sand and I do not support or respect your opinion and your wrong. Period. Not gonna sit here and listen to it.
    I you support Obama your a terrible American!

I think that there are probably a lot of people on this great site that are not necessarily socially conservative. It probably more closely resembles the percentage of non socially conservative people in Indiana who own and love guns, and there are an awful lot of them.

If it seems that the newer members are more liberal than that older members, it is probably only because the older liberal members are not choosing to get involved in political discussions. They probably want to keep their discussions related to guns.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Now, with what you have said, a couple points. Benghazi happened, and the same thing has happened under Dubya Bush, yet no Republican or Democrat batted an eye. I really do feel like Republicans in congress are just throwing anything they can because they legitimately want Obama to fail.

Responding to posts like this got me banned last month. So I will respond and walk away.

I am sick and tired of Democrats twisting the truth to serve their elitist positions.

The truth is that there were 13 attacks on US embassy's under Bush. There were attacks on US embassy's before Bush. There is no question or doubt that attacks have happened in the past and will happen in the future (Unless the Muslim in the White House turns this country into a Muslim paradise on earth, that would stop the attacks, and seems to be his agenda).

None of the 13 attacks went down like Benghazi did. In Benghazi the State Department had been forewarned about potential threats, some of the attacks during Bush also has intel before the attacks. However never did the state department ignore the warnings either out of ignorance or indifference. None of the attacks under Bush did the state department refuse to respond to calls for assistance either out of ignorance / incompetence and or elitist indifference. And in none of the attacks under Bush did the administration come out and slap the American public in the face and insult the dead with statements like Clinton did "What does it matter". I know she was making that statement in reference to the exact cause, but the flippant insult still brings up emotions of anger at the blatant disregard for human life and honorable service of those that paid for the administrations actions with their lives.

Clinton who is part of Obama administration has demonstrated hatred and loathing for the US military and that same attitude seems to be applied to the state department personnel as well.

The Obama administration is digging its own holes with the numours scandals and attempted cover ups / refusal to cooperate with investigations. The likes of to name just a couple Susan Rice and Eric Holder openly lying to protect Obama is disgusting! The current administration does not need opposition to make them look bad, they are doing it all on their own.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    120202_debate_605_ap.jpg

I've been to better tobacco spittin' contests.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Why are all these newer members on here saying well yep I support and love my president no matter what color of a dump he's takin on my countries constitution and wellp if he tells me the sky is green imma gonta believe it because that's my president and the govt would surely never lie to us citizens.

You know what? If you wanna try and blow smoke up your own behind and pretent that its a smurfing fantastic ****ing day then go right ahead and fool yourself. But don't get on here and tell ME the same lies your telling yourself because it just isn't gonna work and I'm done putting up with it and sure have your own damn opinion but when it causes you to support a traitor to my country then go pound sand and I do not support or respect your opinion and your wrong. Period. Not gonna sit here and listen to it.
    I you support Obama your a terrible American!

Who said you have to love your president? You don't have to and nobody is making you. It's about respect for the office. Let me put it this way: if we had a president that you absolutely loved, what would you think of people saying what you just said about your president? A lot of Dubya supporters back in the day would call me a "traitor" and blah blah just because I did not approve of what he was doing. Well, they would have a pretty valid argument if it were the late 1790's. Now since most of them are in that boat, are they the new traitors by their own definition? I've wondered this for the longest time. I personally think not. No one's a traitor for simply disagreeing with the president and their policies.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I used to have much reverence and respect for the office of.the president.

I cant remember how.long ago I realized the puppetry behind it all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well according to politicaltest.net, I'm a Neoliberal Democrat...aka Right Wing Libertarian. Socially I'm liberal, fiscally I'm conservative. Neither party is my friend.

Political test - The great site for testing and comparing your political alignments - free of charge and independent!

Is that the definition of "Democrat" here?

Good find!

It accused me of being as follows:

You are a democratic mercantilist. 0 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 7 percent are more extremist than you.

I have to admit not being entirely sure what to think about that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well according to politicaltest.net, I'm a Neoliberal Democrat...aka Right Wing Libertarian. Socially I'm liberal, fiscally I'm conservative. Neither party is my friend.

Political test - The great site for testing and comparing your political alignments - free of charge and independent!

Is that the definition of "Democrat" here?
    It tagged me as a:
    You are a democratic National Liberal. 4 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 6 percent are more extremist than you.
    Knowing European nomenclature they called me a Libertarian. Although I find it interesting that their graphic cube essentially lists me as an Anarcho-Capitalist. I can live with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom