Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    That post would have been better without the non sequitur at the end.

But yes the war on drugs is a tough one to justify, unless you believe that an imaginary voice is telling you you have to keep it up. It costs billions, it has significant collateral damage, it strips power from individuals and hands it to authorities, it provides funding for street gangs to full blown paramilitary organizations, there is no progression toward it ever being won, more and more examples are appearing to illustrate that drugs aren't the boogeyman they've been made out to be, etc etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Horn forgets his purple.

You mistake the intention of the laws that allow these kinds of actions. They are designed to produce income and any raising of the standards would impact that.

We can legislatively abolish forfeiture but it seems to me the most viable remedy is to raise the standard of proof.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "I don't own guns so meh, don't care about the laws they make for 'em"

Sheldon, here's your sign.

D342EA40-11B4-495B-A210-171709F3EB0C-207-000001BA8282207D.jpg

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Wow. I agree with you. But let's break this down a bit.

He consented to a search.
    He put 160,000 in a plastic bag. Strange. You can wire transfer between banks for the sale and that would be much safer.
    He made a settlement.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I have carried over 50K in cash with me before so these kinds of bull**** laws have to go. I am not a drug dealer, or drug abuser. I happen to deal with a lot of cash on occasion. I also have almost 2000 ounces of silver and about 50 ounces of gold in my safe at home. Does the fact that I carry large sums of cash and have precious metals in my home automatically make me a criminal. Well I guess it does since I mean the tyrants in the government could arrest me for "attempted manufacture of meth" since I have at least 80 percent of the required components. Actually I probably have all the components to make meth, but that doesnt mean I am actually going to make it.

Gunner

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The confiscation of property prior to a conviction is just wrong. Freeze assets maybe. Setting it up so the cops can use it to buy toys creates a huge conflict of interests on top of that wrong.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    "He made a settlement." The man who took your money says " pay me something or get nothing" Legal rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A shame this happens! Proved it wasnt drug money, but still got ripped off by a dirty BS trick....errrr LAW. Shame shame

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    More cash than what the state deems reasonable....you must be a criminal.

More ammo stored than what the state deems reasonable...you must be a criminal.

More weapons than what the state deems reasonable... you must be a criminal.

When the state does the same, trust them and do not ask questions...if you do, you may be thought a criminal....or at a minimum a tinfoil hatter.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    More cash than what the state deems reasonable....you must be a criminal.

More ammo stored than what the state deems reasonable...you must be a criminal.

More weapons than what the state deems reasonable... you must be a criminal.

When the state does the same, trust them and do not ask questions...if you do, you may be a criminal....or at a minimum a tinfoil hatter.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The confiscation of property prior to a conviction is just wrong. Freeze assets maybe. Setting it up so the cops can use it to buy toys creates a huge conflict of interests on top of that wrong.
    Freezing a persons assets is just another form of theft. If they cannot access their money, then how are they to provide for their defence? Or get their property back. Freezing the assets of unconvicted people is just as bad.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    If I tried that I would be arrested for theft. LEO's do it and it's just part of the job. Just another example of how upside down America has become. Things like this just add to the disappointment of Rand Paul saying he will not end the war on drugs.

Top Bottom