• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, what was the last bill in the Indiana General Assembly to address forfeiture reform?

What the reform proposals of various political parties, and politicians?:dunno:
    Most dems and reps seem to be fully in favour of asset forfeiture and theft, in Indiana and outside of it. The LP has always been a staunch opponent of forfeiture and the drug war that has spawned it. The gop and dnc are both filled with drug warriors who are more than happy to see peoples property stolen on a whim.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good question. Does Indiana have task forces going about and engaging in such "interdictions"?
    Not sure about the tasks forces, (maybe one of the LEO's will pipe up on this one), but asset theft along the highways does happen. We had a case here in Indiana a couple of years ago where a guy was going to buy a car and got stopped and had his money stolen. Took him damned near forever to get it back from the authorities. They play games with the money by passing it along to the feds. That way they have the chance of getting the money back but letting the bottomless trough of money at the feds disposal defend the theft.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../104903-the_governments_license_to_steal.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...8386-liberty_sanders_on_asset_forfeiture.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tors_wont_give_up_their_license_to_steal.html

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Good question. Does Indiana have task forces going about and engaging in such "interdictions"?

Yes, we do. Along the stretch of I-70 between Wayne, Henry and Hancock counties we have a "PACE" team. PACE stands for Pro-Active Criminal Enforcement. They basically target out-of-state vehicles that "fit the pattern" for drug or currency couriers. And when they seize cash, they run it through the DEA and do the 80/20 split thing.

They have seized a lot of money. I was told they have seized enough money to cover the officers' salaries for three years and has allowed them to get new police vehicles and all sorts of nifty toys.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, we do. Along the stretch of I-70 between Wayne, Henry and Hancock counties we have a "PACE" team. PACE stands for Pro-Active Criminal Enforcement. They basically target out-of-state vehicles that "fit the pattern" for drug or currency couriers. And when they seize cash, they run it through the DEA and do the 80/20 split thing.

They have seized a lot of money. I was told they have seized enough money to cover the officers' salaries for three years and has allowed them to get new police vehicles and all sorts of nifty toys.

Pro-Active? Is that as in 'pre-crime' enforcement?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There's stupid, and there's carrying $160,000.00 in a black plastic bag in the back seat stupid.

That's why there's a thing called a certified check, or better yet EFT, better than 160 grand sitting in the back seat, geez, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Now before some of you (you know who you are) go all ape :poop:, stop and answer this question....

Is there any reason for you to carry 160,000.00 dollars in a car traveling from New York to Tennessee in the F***ing back seat of your car?

No before you have a chance to ponder and reflect....

THERE IS NO REASON.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    There's stupid, and there's carrying $160,000.00 in a black plastic bag in the back seat stupid.

That's why there's a thing called a certified check, or better yet EFT, better than 160 grand sitting in the back seat, geez, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Now before some of you (you know who you are) go all ape :poop:, stop and answer this question....

Is there any reason for you to carry 160,000.00 dollars in a car traveling from New York to Tennessee in the F***ing back seat of your car?

THERE IS NO REASON.

Didnt reflect very much at all, but how about this, is there any reason why I should be carrying 50 AR-15's and 250thousand rounds of .223 in the back of my truck from Indiana to Florida? Of course there is, just like 160grand. Is it illegal to carry that much cash? From what I understand it is only illegal to carry more than 50grand in cash OUT of the country without declaring it. Why is it so hard for you to understand that just because something may not the the smartest thing to do doesnt make it illegal.

Gunner

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009

THERE IS NO REASON.

So what is the limit of cash money that I can carry and still have a reason? Please tell me that oh great and powerful one!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

THERE IS NO REASON.

Maybe he was on his way to his favorite strip club to 'make it rain'. Maybe he believes that banks and various financial instruments are the work of the devil. Who cares? He doesn't NEED a reason. What law was he violating?

If my behavior violates no law, I don't have to justify it to you or the police.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    One way to solve this problem is to address this is with local elected officials. You can get policy changed faster that way. You form a PAC ( tax free ... lol ) and get people that support your views elected.

Next step is to reform police departments that do this. They cannot exist without local funding. Give them a choice. Fed money or local money. I am positive they are not spending their time keeping the local neighborhood safe. Have a law passed that if they are not funded by local taxpayers, then their pension will be switched to the federal one. The feds would never ever support local police. This could be done very easily at the state level.

I would love to see the manpower hours versus actual money made. Police officers really want to help people. They are forced now to be freaking "money makers" instead of actually helping the people that pay their bills. You have to change the culture back. I think the officers would really like to get back to protecting and serving.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Most dems and reps seem to be fully in favour of asset forfeiture and theft, in Indiana and outside of it. The LP has always been a staunch opponent of forfeiture and the drug war that has spawned it. The gop and dnc are both filled with drug warriors who are more than happy to see peoples property stolen on a whim.

It's a revenue maker mrjarrell. I am curious as to how much "The War on Poaching/Fishing illegally" raises for Indiana's DNR. Boats, Trucks, 4 Wheelers. Firearms, Fishing Tackle, etc.... are all confiscated and sold at auction with the money going straight into the coffers of the State.

I do not think the "Legalize it" (cue Peter Tosh) and subsesequent taxes that follow would financially make up for the revenue they get from confiscation and forfeiture. I don't agree with everything Bill Hicks said (though he was constantly evolving and had he lived long enough who knows?) but he was right about one thing. Money is the reason for everything. If you follow the money the truth will usually be at the end.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

:wow: Freedom is a stupid game, legalized robbery is a stupid prize.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

THERE IS NO REASON.

THERE WAS A REASON.
    In this case, the New York businessman who was in the passenger seat did not want to admit how much cash he was carrying -- although his driver did tell the officer that they were headed to Memphis to try to buy a convenience store.

"Looking for some work, business here," the driver said.

"What kind of business do you have?" the agent asked.

"Grocery."

"You do groceries?"

"Convenience stores, yes."

Those statements never showed up in the officer's report.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

THERE IS NO REASON.

The art of negotiation. Cash is King. Ever watch Pawn Stars ? There is a certain psychological effect that cash has on people. That, and someone shouldn't need a REASON to carry cash. If it's their money, it's nobody elses freakin' business.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    He consented to a search.
    Unwise, but if they had their 'drug sniffing dog' sniff the car it surely would have 'alerted' and the search would have happened anyways. You know chompy is never wrong.

He put 160,000 in a plastic bag. Strange.
    Should he have run out and bought a briefcase instead? What's weird about it, exactly?

I could hop on one foot no matter where I go which is even stranger, but isn't any better a reason to steal my money than 'he put it in a plastic bag.'

You can wire transfer between banks for the sale and that would be much safer.
    So what you're saying is that law-abiding citizens transfer money from bank to bank and only criminals carry cash?

You do realize if it can happen to him, it can happen to you - and it doesn't have to be $160,000. Let's say you were headed to the strip club with a roll of one-dollar bills... Yep - looks like you've been selling drugs better hand that over to the police.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

Now before you have a chance to ponder and reflect....

THERE IS NO REASON THAT A CITIZEN OF A SUPPOSEDLY FREE COUNTRY SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO GIVE A "REASON" FOR DOING A PERFECTLY LEGAL ACTIVITY, BECAUSE IT IS NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S/OTHER PERSON'S GODD***ED BUSINESS!!!!!! :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Fixed that for you...! :ingo:
    Cheers, Beerman! :cheers:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom