• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Reading this is a struggle; not because I feel like the police are our enemy, nor do I think they will be instruments in the dismantling of our sacred 2nd Amendment, but because of the soapboxing of opinion based on no person experience, conjecture, and gross misinformation.

Mr. Freeman, local law enforcement has dealt with MANY armed and barricaded subjects throughout recent the years - not all of which ever make the news. Local law enforcement deals with situations where, prior to having an armored vehicle, they had to approach on foot or in a patrol car. It is foolish to speak to the contrary just because you do not know about it. It is equally foolish for any of you to speak of maintenance budgets, how "other departments would trade it for 10 vehicles", or any of the other unsupported comments that are being spouted as if you had even a shred of first-hand knowledge. Mr. Freeman, you are an attorney. I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge, nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street. I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line. (Though I would love to see Officer Freeman's mad dash to the first MRAP he can find when shots are fired - which has happened numerous times while officers have been on scene in this county.)

God Bless this free country. Our First Amendment Right guarantees us the ability to drivel our opinions all over the internet. However, we have a duty to be intellectually honest with our speech. May God also bless our local police officers - their job is a tough one. And if I could just wish one little wish... May Sheriff Richard PLEASE put that MRAP in the Christmas parade so that Mr. Freeman can stand idly by hoping to get thrown a piece of candy by a cop.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Reading this is a struggle; not because I feel like the police are our enemy, nor do I think they will be instruments in the dismantling of our sacred 2nd Amendment, but because of the soapboxing of opinion based on no person experience, conjecture, and gross misinformation.

Mr. Freeman, local law enforcement has dealt with MANY armed and barricaded subjects throughout recent the years - not all of which ever make the news. Local law enforcement deals with situations where, prior to having an armored vehicle, they had to approach on foot or in a patrol car. It is foolish to speak to the contrary just because you do not know about it. It is equally foolish for any of you to speak of maintenance budgets, how "other departments would trade it for 10 vehicles", or any of the other unsupported comments that are being spouted as if you had even a shred of first-hand knowledge. Mr. Freeman, you are an attorney. I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge, nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street. I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line. (Though I would love to see Officer Freeman's mad dash to the first MRAP he can find when shots are fired - which has happened numerous times while officers have been on scene in this county.)

God Bless this free country. Our First Amendment Right guarantees us the ability to drivel our opinions all over the internet. However, we have a duty to be intellectually honest with our speech. May God also bless our local police officers - their job is a tough one. And if I could just wish one little wish... May Sheriff Richard PLEASE put that MRAP in the Christmas parade so that Mr. Freeman can stand idly by hoping to get thrown a piece of candy by a cop.

Thank you for the lecture in your first post. Let's just say that I'd like some bonafides before I sign up for your classes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mr. Freeman, local law enforcement has dealt with MANY armed and barricaded subjects throughout recent the years

Did TCSD deal with these armed and barricaded subjects with or without an MRAP? They didn't have an MRAP. They don't need an MRAP.

1928. 1928 and they were shot inside their own vehicle. Both deputies dead and the Sheriff does not memorialize them.

It is foolish to speak to the contrary just because you do not know about it.

I know a lot about paying taxes and voting. As a taxpayer and voter in Tippecanoe County, I get to have an opinion. My opinion is that I am skeptical of this new toy.

I am willing to listen to a counterargument. But so far the counterargument is "Shut up, Freeman". It's like all my ex-girlfriends are here or something.:D It is akin to asking questions of Libertarians.

Mr. Freeman, you are an attorney. I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge, nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street.

I am an attorney, more importantly I am a taxpayer and voter in Tippecanoe County. I get to have an opinion and a say.

I am having my say. Telling me to "shut up" usually has an adverse impact on my volume level.:D

I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line.

BTDT, got the golf shirt (I think I still have the golf shirt Jerry gave us). Did not need an MRAP in LE and cannot see the need for an MRAP now.

I am willing to listen to your counterargument. You know, that whole reasoned debate that we taxpayers should have.

May Sheriff Richard PLEASE put that MRAP in the Christmas parade so that Mr. Freeman can stand idly by hoping to get thrown a piece of candy by a cop.

I'll buy my own candy, just like the coppers should buy their own toys.

And, before I forget, welcome to INGO. I am glad you are here, finally.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Mr. Freeman, you are an attorney. I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge,...

That's going to make it hard to fit in around here.

...nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street. I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line...

When the police fund their operations without the citizen's money....and have no interaction with the citizenry in any way (what, exactly would they be doing then?), only then will the opinions of the non-police citizens be irrelevant.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line...

Welcome. Nonsense is often called out around here, even in a first post.

I would encourage you to not comment on the proper role or limitations of the presidency until you don a suit, successfully campaign and win the general election.

Silly, right?

Vocational or experiential qualifiers such as this, while commonly asserted, are not intellectually sound.

titanxt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2014
    Lafayette
    Mr. Freeman,

Sounds like your ex-girlfriends were very wise....

Please do not count your brief and uneventful time with the prosecutors offices as having ANYTHING to do with being a "cop". Hearing that is akin to someone buying a "sniper rifle" and trying to convince others they were a Navy SEAL...

Gentlemen, my points still stand. Reading your replies smacks heavily of how CODE PINK talks about or military - no first-hand knowledge, only conjecture fueled by emotion.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok dude. Who are you really? :D You just seem WAY too familiar with which buttons to press here on INGO. :)

But, Kirk, I'd like to take up CIB's point about budgets.

Your taxes already paid for the 2015 TCSD budget. If they rearrange appropriations so that the MRAP doesn't impact the bottom line, does that change your view at all? You would be paying nothing more for this toy.

And, to pre-empt the response that if they didn't have the MRAP, they could decrease the budget, I laugh in your general direction. :) That money would've found a receipt no matter what. The budget would not have gone down. So, they tighten their belts in some other areas to pay for this, then what's the big deal?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I am willing to listen to a counterargument. But so far the counterargument is "Shut up, Freeman". It's like all my ex-girlfriends are here or something.:D It is akin to asking questions of Libertarians...

Don't worry, Kirk, libertarians will continue to defend liberty, truth and justice

...even when doing so occasionally defends you. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2015
    Perry
    So lets get past the issue of the MRAP sitting in a field somewhere not being used . What? Mr Freeman would you suggest would be the best stewardship of the truck for the tax dollars already spent? (and not buying it in the first place or any other slam on Federal spending doesn't count I think we all would agree that is a gimme) You are correct that as a community Tippecanoe County has been blessed to not have an officer killed in the line of duty. You suggest that the last line of duty death being in 1928, that somehow Tippecanoe County is free of any violence, or potential for violence. I am suggesting that this tool/toy is no different than any other tool/toy that is used by Law Enforcement. When Sheriff Richard uses this tool to come seize my grandpas .22 (providing I get to Gander mountain on Thursdays to even get any .22 ammo)that I use to hunt paper product with menacing circles on it, then I shall be VERY against such a tool, but until then, I don't have a problem with it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Mr. Freeman,

Sounds like your ex-girlfriends were very wise....

Please do not count your brief and uneventful time with the prosecutors offices as having ANYTHING to do with being a "cop". Hearing that is akin to someone buying a "sniper rifle" and trying to convince others they were a Navy SEAL...

Gentlemen, my points still stand. Reading your replies smacks heavily of how CODE PINK talks about or military - no first-hand knowledge, only conjecture fueled by emotion.

If an MRAP is a logical thing for local law enforcement to have because sometimes people barricade themselves and shoot (something that probably took place for the first time about 20 minutes after the Chinese invented gunpowder, before that a bow and arrows, before that, the atlatl, before that the rock), why not a full compliment of military hardware. Once upon a time, I was a '60 gunner. One of those would sure be nice and may help some boys in blue make it home safe. Why not?

As for the "Code-Pink" / military comparison, what you are suggesting is akin to having no civilian control over the military. Sure, great idea.

I happen to be a big believer that our police forces are, by and large, filled with guys doing a hard job and trying to do it well. I am not a believer that police are in favor of oppressing the populace or in the us vs. them mentality.

You are promoting an us vs. them mentality and Lord only knows what the result would be if non-police did not speak out on law enforcement issues. I have a feeling the result would be closer to what the Cop-Block people think is already in place.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It is a vehicle with a high center of gravity, specifically made for protection against IED's with later modifications for EFP's. As soldiers will attest, it is a great vehicle to get you safely from point A to point B, but it is "near useless" in combat.

Until such point in time as felons deploy EFP's in the USA, this vehicle is not as useful as almost anything already utilized by LEO's. A school bus carries more personnel, faster, is unlikely to tip over, etc. The Johnson County MRAP sits in a pole barn. USELESS.

I would much rather see 10 patrol vehicles added to the fleet than one MRAP.

Top Bottom