• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I thought the plan was to recruit as many life members as possible, since these are the members who vote in the board elections.

Once the board is stacked with people like Adam Kraut and Pete Brownell, a more pro-gun agenda can be pursued; firstly the reversal of their opinion on a bumpstock ban and continuing the pursuit of the Safe Hearing Act

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well then, What is your plan Green. Lay it out for me Word.

What is in action. General discord in the membership should wake up board members. I actively seek out and talk to people challenging the sitting members. I also tell the phone reps, gun show reps, and mailers that I will not donate until meaningful 2a changes are made in leadership. I encourage everyone else to join goa and focus their 2a donations there. I'm a life member of both. Grass roots movements are much more effective because of the internet and social media. The nra cannot survive on current life members and if they want millennials they must get rid of no show nuge, and wlp. Our dollars is how we'll force change. Hopefully before the gov shuts down the nonprofit status

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where are the positive pro GOA threads on INGO?

Seems as though a link to such a non-existant thread would be a much more positive way to sell INGO and all gun owners to put their money with the "better" Second Amendment lobby organization?

Not real sure that the neverNRA thing is helping the GOA much? Maybe actually alienating folks who might consider supporting GOA, but don't care much for the tone and innuendos made by some of the noisy GOA crowd?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Where are the positive pro GOA threads on INGO?

Seems as though a link to such a non-existant thread would be a much more positive way to sell INGO and all gun owners to put their money with the "better" Second Amendment lobby organization?

Not real sure that the neverNRA thing is helping the GOA much? Maybe actually alienating folks who might consider supporting GOA, but don't care much for the tone and innuendos made by some of the noisy GOA crowd?

GOA threads aren't trendy like nra threads because they aren't midscandal. The nra getting taken down by NY regulators would be more harmful to pro2a initiatives than anything else going. So the multiple goa threads that have been posted die off quick, they just aren't spicy. There have been many goa threads posted here, it's how I found them.

The nra will lose political influence when the msm catches leaked docs from investigations into the spending and status as a nonprofit. Political influence is the only thing the nra has going that can't be rapidly replaced. So we need to act and remove the cancer from within, before the government removes it with a hatchet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let’s keep things in perspective. There is plenty to fix with the NRA. But it’s worth saving, I’d say even vital. There’s not an org right now that has the brand and political capital that the NRA has, nor is it likely one of the other orgs could fill the void quickly enough if the NRA imploded. It’s as self defeating to cheer on its demise as it is to ignore its faults.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if, like nevertrumpers, the neverNRA crowd, who seem to make it their job to trash the NRA, actually do more damage than good for "their" mission?

Do they actually alienate regular gun owning folks who might support the GOA otherwise? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there a NeverNRA crowd? Admittedly I don't read every post in every thread, and maybe I've missed it. But I don't recall people saying they didn't want to see the NRA succeed. I've seen some people express frustration and distrust of the NRA, and it seems at least some of that is warranted, but "never" is a pretty absolute word for what is apparent to me. I'm open to be pointed to other evidence though.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Is there a NeverNRA crowd? Admittedly I don't read every post in every thread, and maybe I've missed it. But I don't recall people saying they didn't want to see the NRA succeed. I've seen some people express frustration and distrust of the NRA, and it seems at least some of that is warranted, but "never" is a pretty absolute word for what is apparent to me. I'm open to be pointed to other evidence though.

Selective reading. Most of us NRA dissenters are life members who are trying to vote out the cancer and trying to let people know the truth's the current nra executives are trying to suppress. It gets twisted into nra vs the other pro 2a lobby. The sad part is the nra actively tries to edge out any other pro gun lobby group that doesn't follow wlp's marching orders. We are all fighting the same fight, except the nra executive establishment who are only concerned with living a flamboyant lifestyle while actively failing to protect 2a and having participated in the stripping of 2a rights. It's not us vs them, it never has been. Draining the nra swamp is no different than draining the washington swamp, no one wants the country to fail just to change for the better by removing the cancer leading us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, so for those of you who think that the people who are critical of the NRA are "neverNRA-ers", also known as "the enemy", maybe instead of assuming that their criticism means they want the NRA to fail, maybe you could ask them whether they're just seeking to fix the internal problems they perceive exist in the NRA, or if they're trying to destroy the NRA. Then you'll know if you have monsters in your midst or fellow allies.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Okay, so for those of you who think that the people who are critical of the NRA are "neverNRA-ers", also known as "the enemy", maybe instead of assuming that their criticism means they want the NRA to fail, maybe you could ask them whether they're just seeking to fix the internal problems they perceive exist in the NRA, or if they're trying to destroy the NRA. Then you'll know if you have monsters in your midst or fellow allies.

Gun owners are too cantankerous for this kind of thing lol. I've seen two guys argue to the point of anger over handgun carry calibers.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I just had a thought.

Which of you guys that are ******** about the NRA are in the sessions in the Indianapolis State House with Kelly, Coach, Guy and The NRA lawyer.

Because It seems to me that the guys that are in the fight, not just leaving it up to someone else to do are not the ones ********.

Just an observation.

I am not at the statehouse, but I lost count of the e mails and phone calls I made this last session. Several of which were prompted by NRA-ILA alerts.

I see a lot of members in the legislation threads that are not ******** in this one.

Why is that?

I suspect that it's because it would be Very Bad Form for the people engaged in the legal process to be complaining about the very process in which they are engaged, or to criticize anyone involved.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I am glad to hear that Col West is working on solutions. He even did it with out ********.

The Bylaws need to be followed and that will take lawyers and people with a bit of pull.

I am for change, but sitting on our collective ***** and ******** will get nothing done, except giving ammunition to the anti-gun crowd.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I am glad to hear that Col West is working on solutions. He even did it with out ********.

The Bylaws need to be followed and that will take lawyers and people with a bit of pull.

I am for change, but sitting on our collective ***** and ******** will get nothing done, except giving ammunition to the anti-gun crowd.

Do you think any change would have come about had the money of the organization not made a stink?

A year ago all of these board members were lock stepped with wlp. Start raising hell and truth comes out

Top Bottom