• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My point is that it's not a female thing.

Condescending know it alls who really hardly know any thing is not confined to any one sex nor is thier butting in confined to any one sex, or to any one locality.

They should be dealt with in the same manner regardless of location, sex, religion, or what ever else. Dip wads are dip wads, regardless. Point it out in an irrefutable manner, loudly, and obviously and they soon find something else to do.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I'll send you the link. All ya had to do was google "Indiana gun laws".
    Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

No where does Indiana state law describe how you are to carry your gun, only that you are required to have a LTCH. It doesn't mention it, therefore, you are legally allowed to carry it any way you like. Period. No judge can put you away, fine you, lynch you, or otherwise punish you if you carry your gun out in the open in the state of Indiana. Yes, there are those that frown upon it, but frowning doesn't make it illegal.

There. Now you have it in writing. :D

Thank you ma'am, I know someone would help me out eventually.

IC 35-47-2-4
    Qualified or unlimited licenses to carry handguns; fees; exemptions from payment of fees
    Sec. 4. (a) Licenses to carry handguns shall be either qualified or unlimited, and are valid for:
    (1) four (4) years from the date of issue in the case of a four (4) year license; or
    (2) the life of the individual receiving the license in the case of a lifetime license.
    A qualified license shall be issued for hunting and target practice. The superintendent may adopt rules imposing limitations on the use and carrying of handguns under a license when handguns are carried by a licensee as a condition of employment. Unlimited licenses shall be issued for the purpose of the protection of life and property.
    (b) In addition to the application fee, the fee for:
    (1) a qualified license shall be:
    (A) five dollars ($5) for a four (4) year qualified license;
    (B) twenty-five dollars ($25) for a lifetime qualified license from a person who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license; or
    (C) twenty dollars ($20) for a lifetime qualified license from a person who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license; and
    (2) an unlimited license shall be:
    (A) thirty dollars ($30) for a four (4) year unlimited license;
    (B) seventy-five dollars ($75) for a lifetime unlimited license from a person who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license; or
    (C) sixty dollars ($60) for a lifetime unlimited license from a person who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license.
    The superintendent shall charge a twenty dollar ($20) fee for the issuance of a duplicate license to replace a lost or damaged license. These fees shall be deposited in accordance with subsection (e).
    (c) Licensed dealers are exempt from the payment of fees specified in subsection (b) for a qualified license or an unlimited license.
    (d) The following officers of this state or the United States who have been honorably retired by a lawfully created pension board or its equivalent after at least twenty (20) years of service or because of a disability are exempt from the payment of fees specified in

Pretty clearly says unlimited, which should mean wihtout limitations , correct. and it doesn't specifically state one way ore the other about OC, or CC, I appreciate the help.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I most definatly am not trolling, but I haven't read the law either. I have no real intrest in OC, unless it is my only option for carrying a handgun. Today was the first time in a long time I have even discussed OC, and was kinda disapointed no one could link me to the section of Indiana laws regarding carrying a handgun, Had I asked about failed glocks I'm sure 60 links woul d have been provided. When and if I ever decide to OC I will look into the law more deeply. but I was a little dissapointed by the string of make the cop show you where it is illegal comments.

Jeremiah, now that you have the "chapter and verse" you may understand that it is certainly NOT illegal to wear your side arm on a holster on your belt without a "cover shirt". You may also find out how liberating it feels to carry openly.
    You will find through experience that those police officers that have a problem with the "armed" general public will find any reason to hound you for carrying openly. In that spirit of thought of thought always remember that when discussing the issue with a police officer who is actively requesting that you "cover it up" has no legal right to do so BUT having the badge, an opinion, and handcuffs he may at any time detain you for disorderly conduct, or obstructing justice. All the while trampling your rights, you should at all times keep your cool and speak and act with respect to the officer. You may find through discussions with legal eagles and attorneys that you will later have the opportunity to file suit against the officer and/or his department for unlawful arrest or unlawful detainment. In extreme cases it may be better to comply now and settle things later.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The 2 instructors were very clear that if Carrie decided to attend their classes that they would only shoot AirSoft in the beginning. Is that standard for women (or anyone) or just another example of their attitude?
    OMG, I totally forgot that part. That was SOOO wrong.
    an airsoft gun is most definately NOT part of my lesson plan.
    Carrie, I guarantee you that if you let Jay coach you and you put into practice what he teaches (and practice and practice)...you will not only excel past those guys, you will exceed anything you thought was your own personal limit.
    Take that to the bank.
    Probably best if I refrain from discussing their attitude...... :rolleyes:
    But...but...that's the best part!!:D

:popcorn:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Jeremiah, now that you have the "chapter and verse" you may understand that it is certainly NOT illegal to wear your side arm on a holster on your belt without a "cover shirt". You may also find out how liberating it feels to carry openly.
    You will find through experience that those police officers that have a problem with the "armed" general public will find any reason to hound you for carrying openly. In that spirit of thought of thought always remember that when discussing the issue with a police officer who is actively requesting that you "cover it up" has no legal right to do so BUT having the badge, an opinion, and handcuffs he may at any time detain you for disorderly conduct, or obstructing justice. All the while trampling your rights, you should at all times keep your cool and speak and act with respect to the officer. You may find through discussions with legal eagles and attorneys that you will later have the opportunity to file suit against the officer and/or his department for unlawful arrest or unlawful detainment. In extreme cases it may be better to comply now and settle things later.

I probaly still won't OC, its a bit of a pesonal thing, I do a damn good job getting underestimated in most situations, and I rather like that. but the advice of keeping a cool and settle it latter does not fall on deaf ears.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Get out and experience life not what someone is complaining about on a forum! The 1911 frame has seen more COMBAT action than any current SA pistol made. The 1911 frame is still a preferred choice amongst a lot of operators because of it combat record. I would take almost any 1911 frame over a Glock into Combat. Serious shooters in harms way do not place their lives in the hands of Glock.

Meusoc86.gif

Not everyone in the U.S. military carries Beretta’s M-9 9 mm handgun. A small group of Marines still carry .45-caliber pistols — but they’re a far cry from Grandpa’s World War II gun.

IMHO Firearm training should be encouraged when applying for LTCH ( and to the CCW,LTCH debate, when I applied for mine it stated Personal Protection Permit, :dunno:) if not to an extent mandated, I prefer encouraged.

Now lets be honest we ourselves, how many people have you seen since November go and purchase a handgun and then constantly train to be proficent with it, not a lot on my end. I personally on the subject feel more comfortable with a 1911 platform than a Glock,XD, H&k, etc.. I have though suggested a revolver to many women for reasons being that I know that they are not likely to recieve extensive training. That being said, which would be better for a individual(male or female) with little to no training experincing a Failure To Fire, squeezing the trigger again or falling back while clearing the action and making ready to fire again?

Another point. I have/had many auto loaders, 1911's, XD's, Glock's and no matter how many 1000's of rounds I put through them in between incidents, I have experienced a Failure To Feed/Fire in all platforms. But my little 38snubbie hammerless however has never, yes never let me down on following up with another shot just by pulling the trigger again(unless it was empty ofcourse).

So to the OP, I comend you on your stance and your reaction to the situation you encountered with the OPINIONATORS!

Being to complicated can apply to male or female, that al depends on the individual.

:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    It sounds to me like these "NRA instructor" tools need to have their thinking re-tooled to realize that just because they have "tools" doesn't automatically give them the tools to be uber-experts on choosing the most appropriate self defense tools for every person....
    What a couple of tools!! :rolleyes: :D

By the way ladies, as a former PMI perhaps USMC_0311 can verify this story, but when I was on active duty as a member of the Ultimate Sexy Male Companions :patriot: , I was told by my PMIs that the first Marine to shot a "possible" (= a perfect 250 score) on the Marine Corps KD (known distance) qualification course was a Woman Marine! :ar15:

Ooh-Rah!!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    By the way ladies, as a former PMI perhaps USMC_0311 can verify this story, but when I was on active duty as a member of the Ultimate Sexy Male Companions :patriot: , I was told by my PMIs that the first Marine to shot a "possible" (= a perfect 250 score) on the Marine Corps KD (known distance) qualification course was a Woman Marine! :ar15:

Ooh-Rah!!

If she did it was after my time. Not sure how you would find out now, the course of fire has changed now. Best score I knew of was a 248, I had a 246 as my best.:D

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Now THAT makes it even worse! These guys are teaching women to shoot, while thinking they are too stupid for semi autos??

They should be reported to the NRA as incompetent to teach.

Yep - they have no business teaching a firearms course with that kind of bias.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    ...And these were both NRA instructors.

I haven't read all 95 pages of this thread yet, so I don't know if this has been suggested - but did you consider reporting this to the NRA?

I know for a fact the NRA is trying to appeal to women. This kind of nonsense is not good for their image, and not good for the shooting community in general.

I think these clowns need to be get some feedback "from above."

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I haven't read all 95 pages of this thread yet, so I don't know if this has been suggested - but did you consider reporting this to the NRA?

I know for a fact the NRA is trying to appeal to women. This kind of nonsense is not good for their image, and not good for the shooting community in general.

I think these clowns need to be get some feedback "from above."
    It's been suggested/considered. I won't likely see them again for at least a month, but when I do, there's something I need to find out first. I don't want to publicly post what that is, just yet...

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    It's been suggested/considered. I won't likely see them again for at least a month, but when I do, there's something I need to find out first. I don't want to publicly post what that is, just yet...

OMG! You're seriously going to just leave us hanging like that?!?! Why don't you just yank out our toenails while you're at it! Oh the cruelty!!! :drama:

:hehe:

Top Bottom